Katie & Mike TR - SBP/Bluezoo/Morocco - Dessert Party (8/5)

Your pictures make me want to have a DP! Most of the deserts look good... minus the whip cream filled bowl with biscotti in it...

Hahahaha Thanks :goodvibes

Read through the whole TR last night, but was too tired to post a comment! :rotfl2: What a beautiful wedding you had, my dear!! I loved the Donald and Daisy topper you had, and their visit was priceless! You were a stunning bride! :goodvibes

If DL had some sort of DP option (and we could swing being able to afford it), seeing your pictures from yours makes me wish I could have one! :rolleyes1 Having the fireworks so closeby seems amazing!

One more thing!! I loved your picture of the random people filming your wedding! I was in stitches when I saw that and read what you had to say about it. :rotfl:

Thanks so much :goodvibes I know your DL wedding will be beautiful no matter what! And yea, the paparazzi people were weird, but I'm glad the photographers got a pic because you are so self-absorbed in your own wedding, I never would have known people were doing it otherwise.

I have to thank you again for your descriptive TR!!! It is really SO helpful for Escape brides, and people who don't have a PS or a chance to visit before. I really had a totally different vision of what I thought Morocco would look like. For some reason I thought it was more of an alcove, private area, I'm not sure why. DF and I have been debating between Morocco and Sago Cay, but after we sat down and went through your DP post, I think we have settled on Morocco.

Again, your pictures really lay out (for both the ceremony and DP) what it REALLY looks like, so now I feel like I have been there, and have a better feel what is going on, so THANKS:thumbsup2

You look so amazing in all your pictures, and everyone looks like they had a great time :goodvibes

Thanks :goodvibes And no problem, I'm glad to help. I know what it was like being an escape/Morocco bride. I feel like everyone posts like "Oh yea, also we had a DP at Morocco. Here's like one picture." :lmao: So I'm glad I can contribute something here :thumbsup2

What a beautiful day! Everything from start to finish looked amazing! Your pics have def confirmed that someday, when I am a dis bride I will be having a dp. I know I've said it before, but congrats on an absolutely beautiful day!!

Thanks :goodvibes Yea I recommend a DP...best part of the night. I would cut my budget in every single other area in order to afford it if I had to do it again.

hi, i noticed in your siggy you have daisy and donald, I want them at my wedding too. catching up on your report : )

Yea, another Daisy fan! We seem to be a rare breed. The strange thing is that I love hamsters and all rodents (see my shoes!), but never really dug Mickey and Minnie :confused3

Katie,

I have really enjoyed reading your TR!! Everything was so beautiful! It's amazing how our 2 weddings were both held at SBP close to the same time, and yet were completely different. I think that's the beauty of Disney! They do such a wonderful job of personalizing even an Escape wedding!

You were gorgeous! And I know you were a little disappointed with your flowers, but I loved them. I also liked your idea of having Mike stay turned while you were walking down the aisle. What a great idea!

Kim

Katie,

I have really enjoyed reading your TR!! Everything was so beautiful! It's amazing how our 2 weddings were both held at SBP close to the same time, and yet were completely different. I think that's the beauty of Disney! They do such a wonderful job of personalizing even an Escape wedding!

You were gorgeous! And I know you were a little disappointed with your flowers, but I loved them. I also liked your idea of having Mike stay turned while you were walking down the aisle. What a great idea!

Kim

Thank you so much! I only disliked the closed-ness of my roses, which eventually opened. I ended up loving the bouquet in the end! And Mike staying turned wasn't my idea. I didn't even think of it! It was all Ron, so thank god for him!

And I just want to post the most awesome wedding gift we just got today.
yhst-63942705403412_2054_2741108.jpg

What to make first?! I'll definitely be making Donald and Daisy waffles for Valentine's day or something :cutie:

Thank you so much! I only disliked the closed-ness of my roses, which eventually opened. I ended up loving the bouquet in the end! And Mike staying turned wasn't my idea. I didn't even think of it! It was all Ron, so thank god for him!

And I just want to post the most awesome wedding gift we just got today.
yhst-63942705403412_2054_2741108.jpg

What to make first?! I'll definitely be making Donald and Daisy waffles for Valentine's day or something :cutie:

That is such a great gift! Who bought it for you? I'm sending them an invite to my wedding :rotfl:

Wait a minute - that looks really similar to my Hello Kitty waffle maker - does this mean I could also be making pancakes, muffins, eggs and brownies shaped like disembodied Hello Kitty heads?!! :hyper:

Wait a minute - that looks really similar to my Hello Kitty waffle maker - does this mean I could also be making pancakes, muffins, eggs and brownies shaped like disembodied Hello Kitty heads?!! :hyper:

Wait. Are you saying a hello kitty waffle maker exists? ::goes to amazon::

Oh my gosh, I want that!!! :love: My kids would love that!! I'm going to search for it right now! I wish they had plates you could switch out and you could put in a "princess plate". My girls would flip over that!! :banana:

Hi Katie,
Your wedding was just beautiful! I had a question I forgot to ask when you covered your dessert party: for the Disney photography package they offer, will they let you go take some pictures "around the world" in different countries before the show like some of the outside photogs have done? Did you do this, or ask about this? I wondering because if they did, then a seperate Epcot photo shoot with the Magic Kingdom one like I wanted to do wouldnt really be neccesary! Thanks! :goodvibes
Marissa

:rotfl:

Did you find it?

Argh. No. Next time I go to the Sanrio Store or Asian supermart I'll have to look.

Oh my gosh, I want that!!! :love: My kids would love that!! I'm going to search for it right now! I wish they had plates you could switch out and you could put in a "princess plate". My girls would flip over that!! :banana:

I would flip over that too!

Hi Katie,
Your wedding was just beautiful! I had a question I forgot to ask when you covered your dessert party: for the Disney photography package they offer, will they let you go take some pictures "around the world" in different countries before the show like some of the outside photogs have done? Did you do this, or ask about this? I wondering because if they did, then a seperate Epcot photo shoot with the Magic Kingdom one like I wanted to do wouldnt really be neccesary! Thanks! :goodvibes
Marissa

I did not ask, and do not know. I would lean toward 'no' though. It might depend on the time of year though. It was pretty crowded on my night, and I don't know how it would have been possible to walk around and do shots on that night. All the pics I can think of where people did that were winter weddings when it isn't crowded.

Hey Katie, Would you mind sending me the image on the carriage thats on your welcome letter if you still have it? I have been looking everywhere for it, and only found a really tiny image! Ill pm you my email. Thanks!
Marissa

I am absolutely IN LOVE with the photos you have posted under "Portraits" in your TR. My fiance and I are getting married in December at SBP.

Who did you use? How much did it cost? And do you think there is any hope at all at booking whoever this is so close to the wedding date???

AHH. I surely hope so because I have my heart SET on them. :yay: My fiance is a photographer so we are unfortunately super picky and are already anxious/nervous that we will end up being disappointed by the Disney photog they provide.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with the photos you have posted under "Portraits" in your TR. My fiance and I are getting married in December at SBP.

Who did you use? How much did it cost? And do you think there is any hope at all at booking whoever this is so close to the wedding date???

AHH. I surely hope so because I have my heart SET on them. :yay: My fiance is a photographer so we are unfortunately super picky and are already anxious/nervous that we will end up being disappointed by the Disney photog they provide.

Thanks for the compliments :goodvibes

We had two photographers. The Dessert Party was done by Disney Photography. Everything else was Studio 222 (http://www.studio222photography.com/)

4 hours of coverage was $1200. I have no idea about their availability, but it will not hurt to email and ask. Becka is very good about replying right away.

Great photography! Probably some of the best pictures I've seen. You look gorgeous!

I'm sorry if I didn't see this in the budget thread, but if you don't mind sharing (if you do, that's okay!) what was your grand total?

I think you should post some of the tasty treats you make from the "tasty baker". I so NEED to have one!

I know you had some beef with DPS, but would you recommend them for photography? (for a DP) Or do you think it wasn't really worth it in the end?

Great photography! Probably some of the best pictures I've seen. You look gorgeous!

I'm sorry if I didn't see this in the budget thread, but if you don't mind sharing (if you do, that's okay!) what was your grand total?

I don't know. I never really added it up. Too afraid!!! hehe. If you include EVERYTHING; the plane, hotel, honeymoon, dress/suit, alterations, etc (not just 'day of' stuff) then I think it was probably around $15,000. The actual day was probably 8-9k.

I think you should post some of the tasty treats you make from the "tasty baker". I so NEED to have one!

I know you had some beef with DPS, but would you recommend them for photography? (for a DP) Or do you think it wasn't really worth it in the end?

Hahaha. I made waffles a couple weeks ago. It actually works well. Pain to clean though, so I don't think I'll be using it often.

I would recommend DPS, because we did get some decent shots, and if we didn't use them, there would be no DP pics. In the grand scheme of things, I think $350 is worth it for pictures of the days best event. Now keep in mind I paid another $395 on top of that for the disc. This was totally necessary because I made a blurb book and website and need the digital copies. Was it overpriced; yes. Would I do it again and recommend it to future brides; 100% yes.

I would recommend DPS, because we did get some decent shots, and if we didn't use them, there would be no DP pics. In the grand scheme of things, I think $350 is worth it for pictures of the days best event. Now keep in mind I paid another $395 on top of that for the disc. This was totally necessary because I made a blurb book and website and need the digital copies. Was it overpriced; yes. Would I do it again and recommend it to future brides; 100% yes.

Thanks a lot! That's great to know.

I don't know. I never really added it up. Too afraid!!! hehe. If you include EVERYTHING; the plane, hotel, honeymoon, dress/suit, alterations, etc (not just 'day of' stuff) then I think it was probably around $15,000. The actual day was probably 8-9k.

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping you would say. You added a lot of elements I looked at and I was hoping you would say around $10k!

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping you would say. You added a lot of elements I looked at and I was hoping you would say around $10k!

Remember that it would have been cheaper, if I chose a cheaper dinner option; which I should have. The minimum was $1200, but the grand total was around $1900. I picked the most expensive 5 course dinner which was stupid and too much food. I also had a bar at the DP which was again stupid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter