Katal...Catal...or whatever it is called!

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
Is this a great restaurant or just an okay place? I called Vacation Planning (great tip fromyou guys, btw!) and made my Blue Bayau reservations. When he asked if there were any others that was the only nicer place I could think of off the topp of my head. So, am I thinking of the right place.....modern, hip kind of atmosphere with contemporary cusiene?

How would it compare to Granville's? I can call back!

I see it all the time and their menu intrigues me, but we have yet to eat there. Bumping because I would like to know also!!

Andrea

I've never eated at Granville's, but I have eaten at Catal on two occassions. They have 2 different menus. The menu for downstairs is pretty basic (pastas, salads, soups) and the menu for upstairs is meat (prime rib, chicken, etc.). I'm not sure what they have on their kid's menu.

I've tried their penne pasta and it's basically just tomato sauce, basil and cheese. Their squash soup tasted strange to me (my friend told me it was good and suggested that I try it). On another occasion I tried their menu for upstairs. I think I ordered the Catal style prime rib. The prime rib was too salty and dry for me but the potatoes it came with tasted delicious. It was really pricey but I remember they offer an AP discount.

Tiffer said:
Wher is Granville's and where is Catal? :confused3

Granville's is located inside the DL Hotel and Catal is located in Downtown Disney. :)

We've eaten at Catal several times. It's wonderful.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter