just switched to BC FTP from Dophin - did I do the right thing?

iwannago!!

<font color=green>Feels naked without a tag!
I did the math and thought that the FTP was the way to go! We were booked at the Dolphin for 9 nights and were planning on doing the parks five days and water parks 1 time(with PHP). For $100 more we were able to switch to the BC for 7 nights (8 days) and have our tickets included so we can do the parks EVERY day! woo hoo.

I know what the initial positives and negatives are:

Plus: SAB, passes included (we will save our PHP's for next trip)

MInus: Since I am platinum with SPG, there was a chance of a jr suite upgrade. We would definitely have had club privilages for the whole trip at the Dolphin (great for bottled water, breakfast). I hear the rooms at the BC are a bit smaller than the Dolphin.

I have booked the first 2 nights stay at the Dolphin and we plan to just hang at the pool and shop before we move to the BC for the rest of the trip. It will be me, DH, DD(8) and her friend (8) and our new baby (4mo) - will we have enough room at the BC?

Did I do the right thing in switching us to the BC? Or would we have been better off at the Dolphin with our PHP's?
Please tell me all the great things about the BC (search is disabled) - we are booked in a water view room - what room to request???? is there a Fireworks view?? Help!!

:confused:

So you are basically paying just $100 for UPH!!!! For 8 days!!!!
YES....I would say you did the right thing!!!
We stayed at BC at the same time friends of ours were at Dolphin. When they came to visit us one day...they said they wished they had stayed at BC with us. Even though they loved Dolphin, they felt BC seemed to have a more "Disney" feel.
We have never stayed at S/D, so I can't really say if the room sizes will differ that much....
But I feel you have plenty of room at BC!!!
Good Luck !!

One of the best things about staying at the Yacht & Beach is the pool area. There are three pools, one even has a lazy river where you can get a raft and float around. And I think their pools are the only ones at Disney that have (fake) sand on the bottom but it feels real! Very cool. And the slide is absolutely amazing as it is an old pirate ship. This is what I think is the best part about staying at Y&B. We stayed there for two nights after our wedding, instead of going back to our apartment, and everything was very relaxing, especially after the exhaustion of a wedding. Also it is possible to ask for an upgrade to concierge upon check-in, this is usually much cheaper than purchasing it the onset. I think it varies for each resort, but I thought I saw $30-$60 per night depending on what type of room you initially purchased. Good luck and you definitely made the right choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter