• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just started process for invisalign...anyone?

DH has Invisalign currently - he's expected to go through 37 aligners with the whole process taking about 18 months. His case was worse than some others. It's costing him roughly $5000, which he was able to finance with no interest through Care Credit. It was cheaper than braces for him.

We are used to Invisalign now as he's halfway through the process. Having to remove them at each meal means I have to carry his case in my purse! LOL! When we're out to eat, he usually visits the bathroom before we sit down to remove them. He has dentist appointments about every 4 weeks to check it and receive new aligners, so he's had to work that out with his work schedule. Like others have mentioned, he finds some aligners to be painful the first 2 or 3 days he puts new ones in, but then it subsides. His stay in for 2 weeks at a time. As his teeth have moved, some brown spots appeared as teeth were uncovered but his dentist was able to polish them off during his cleanings. The dentist has also warned that they may need to add an aligner or two on at the end, depending how everything ends up, and he will have to wear a retainer.

One add on bonus is that once or twice a week he will soak his current aligner in peroxide to keep it clean because it gets funky towards the end of the set. As a result, his teeth have gotten super white from it! So that's been a good thing. He's very happy he went with Invisalign and the changes already are very noticeable!
Yeah, my daughter hates carrying a purse so I end up with her "denture case" in my purse quite a bit. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter