Just started Disney scrabbook

cshaffer21

Mouseketeer
My DD [age 14] and I just started our Disney scrapbook from our trip in August 2001. We weren't too inspired when we started last week, but have gotten into it when we started looking at all of our pictures again.

This is our 2nd Disney scrapbook we've done together. We have such fun looking at each other's pages. When we have finished about 20 or so, we rate them. We sit on the sofa and look at each page and rate it and tell the reason why it gets a 5 [best] or a 1. My husband and son think we're so weird. My other DD[age6] also loves to scrapbook, too. Her pages are so cute.

Even though my son and husband just look at us and shake their heads, my son appreciated my expertise and sticker and paper collection last year when his 5th grade class had to each do a scrpbook of their lives. My husband has been known to venture into the Scrapbook Station to buy me a gift certificate. He's such a sweetie!!!

Just wanted to share, sorry this is so long. Happy Scrappin'

That sounds great. :) I would love to scrap with Chelsea. We haven't tried in a long time. I'm a perfectionist and she's.... well not. It makes it kind of hard on mom. :D

I know what you mean. But with us it's reversed sometimes. And we also help each other with ideas. Remember when you are scrapbooking---"Your way is the best way!!!":)

Lisa,

My dd and I like to scrap together, and we found a way to accommodate our vastly different scrapping styles. She's only 8, so she's still learning. We each work on albums of our very own! I always have double prints made so I have extras to give her and other family members.

I do my pages the way _I_ want them and she does hers the way _SHE_ wants them. Even if I don't think they follow good page design principles or that she cut too much off a photo or whatever, she is learning by experience. And she is gradually becoming more willing to listen to ideas about the basics of good scrapping "in general." As long as I don't apply what I'm saying to her particular page, she'll be interested.

If you don't want to invest in a whole album for your daughter, just give her some album pages of her own to work on. Give her some paper, stickers, and adhesives of her own, too. You won't believe the fun you can have together!

That's what my DD and I do, Amy. I love to scrap side by side with my daughter. We share ideas and visit while we complete pages. It's fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter