• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just paid for our trip!

jvz82

DIS Veteran
My husband had some significant health issues last fall/winter that lead to multiple heart surgeries and several months off of work for him. It was a really hard time for us, and I had a lot of fear that I was going to lose him. It was also hard because our finances were beyond tight with him not working and medical expenses, especially with 4 young children. Even though a trip to Disney seemed totally illogical, I also felt this really intense desire to take my family. My husband beat the odds by getting through the surgeries and recovering fully and I feel like we've been given a second chance. I want us to take this magical trip with our kids while we are both healthy enough to do so.

We've been working really hard over the past few months to save up money. I've been taking on extra work and trainings to be able to make more money at my job. Lots of budgeting. As of today, our trip for December is totally paid off!! I'm still in disbelief that we were able to do it!! So now all we need to do is save up the gas money and we are good to go. I kind of want to cry just thinking about it.

Anyway, I just had to share the news with other people who love Disney as much as I do and will understand why we worked so hard to make this happen. I can't wait for December!!

So happy for you!!! That is AWESOME!!! We will definitely celebrate with you! :jumping1:Enjoy making all those plans & counting down the days. Can't wait to hear about your magical trip!

Congrats!! That's awesome and I'm glad you will be able to celebrate there together as a family!! Sometimes making memories is more important than saving back every dime for another financial situation.

Last edited:
That's wonderful news about your husband....and the trip! So happy for you all, have a MAGICAL trip!! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter