Just off the Fantasy May 6-13 western Caribbean

SeanSD

Mouseketeer
Another great trip on the Fantasy. Two adults no kids. Summary and highlights below.

We did parks the days prior and stayed at TownePlace Suites night before cruise. It was decent but service and breakfast better at Hampton Inn.

Embarkation - smooth and easy. Cast members friendly and helpful and lines moved quickly.

Fantasy looked even better with 25th anniversary touches like banners and decor.

We stayed port verandah. We decided we do like starboard better for views especially Castaway Cay view. Stateroom host was good and room was right near midship.

Restaurants and server team very good. We tried some new items, some hits some misses. As usual if you don’t like something just tell them and they will get you something else. And if you want to try multiple apps or desserts just ask.

Palo brunch - our third time having it and still amazing. Paced ourselves better so didn’t need hour nap after lol. Panna Cotta dessert may be our fave, so light and refreshing after big meal.

Pools - we only did adult Cove pool and typically early before it got crowded. Was very nice.

Rainforest Room - we got the week pass and used it 5 times I think? Twice was busy and didn’t wait for a chair as people napped or camped out with books. But we did hot tubs and showers and steam/sauna. Three times we were able to use chairs and they are heaven. The value spends on how much you use it and hitting it at right times. It’s also nice to use the spa showers as they are much roomier than staterooms.

Cozumel - dune buggy and snorkel, beach excursion. The buggies are just road vehicles nothing off-road. Snorkel was guided and decent nothing amazing. I have snorkeled in better spots on Cozumel. The beach part of tour was unfortunately not what we expected. More like an outside restaurant with adjacent stores and they had some hammocks and beach chairs but not a beach to swim as it was rocky and rough on that side of island. We did share our buggy with a super nice mom and daughter so got to chat with them and the mom was nice enough to drive (stick shift). We thought port area shops were just ok.

Cayman - we booked late and did stingray city and snorkel with a powerboat. Red Sail was operator. Really cool excursion as Stingray City, although loaded with tourists, is pretty amazing. Rays swim all around you and guides will help you “kiss” them and cradle them. The snorkel spot was decent saw a Ray and some cool fish. The port area had some shops and decent deals and no pressure sales.

Jamaica - did the Good Hope Estate tour with tube river float. Was relaxing as tube float was about 20 minutes through a beautiful area. You can get out to swim a couple spots and guides do their best to keep you entertained. After that the estate area has pools, long waterslide and some waterfall pools. We got to enjoy pool before hordes of tours arrived which was nice. After it got too crowded we caught bus back to port area. Port area has many shops and we thought deals were ok. No pressure sales.

For sea days we did Rainforest, Midship Detective Agency for first time and that was fun, a deck walk around track, some trivia and shops and Aquaduck once.

We hit Cove Cafe every am and sometimes afternoon. For quick serve we did pizza (ok), burgers (decent), sandwich and wrap (good) and chicken tenders (a fave).

The shows were great as usual, the photographers onboard super nice with Veronica and Noemi and others always there with a smile.

We finally tried gelato at Sweet on You and was great and would get it again.

Trivia, animation and other entertainment was good also with Declan, Yo-Yo and others keeping things lively. The deck shows very good and bonus 25th fireworks nice although that show was more staff interviewing a few cruisers.

Overall a great time and we love that ship (our only other experience is on Wonder) and will likely book another cruise on it.

Thanks for the trip report can‘t wait to get back on in Dec.

I think it was Sunday. I don’t get very formal but definitely saw some people who did and semi formal was later in cruise.

Thanks for sharing!! Glad you had a great trip! We are booked on the same itinerary April 2024.. our first 7-day cruise and our first on the Fantasy. :) Were your excursions booked through Disney? This will be our first time really doing excursions on a cruise ship so I am definitely trying to learn as much as we can.

Yes for this one we booked excursions through Disney. Jamaica we wanted to be sure as that island has most risk of issues and Cayman wanted Stingray City so that last minute one we booked was perfect just an afternoon so we got morning on ship before tender to excursion around noon. Cozumel I think is easy to do something on your own, many people do beach clubs and taxis available. We just liked sound of that one but in retrospect I might go on my own or choose different Port Adventure.

Trivia, animation and other entertainment was good also with Declan, Yo-Yo and others keeping things lively. The deck shows very good and bonus 25th fireworks nice although that show was more staff interviewing a few cruisers.

We were on the very next cruise and really enjoyed the entertainment staff, including Declan, YoYo and others (Michelle, Warren, Wilmar, to name a few).

Thanks for the report. Do you remember how much the rainforest pass was?

I think it was $318 for two of us? I seem to remember about $22/pp/day. Which is why you want to try and use it every day or most days if possible. Even if the heated tile chairs are busy you can usually use hot tubs and the showers and saunas are always available and great after pool or workout or port adventure.

I think it was $318 for two of us? I seem to remember about $22/pp/day. Which is why you want to try and use it every day or most days if possible. Even if the heated tile chairs are busy you can usually use hot tubs and the showers and saunas are always available and great after pool or workout or port adventure.
Thank you!

Hmmm, We have the snorkel and dune buggy excursion booked also. I think I will talk to my husband about canceling it! We sail in a week, so I appreciate your report very much !

Another great trip on the Fantasy. Two adults no kids. Summary and highlights below.

We did parks the days prior and stayed at TownePlace Suites night before cruise. It was decent but service and breakfast better at Hampton Inn.

Embarkation - smooth and easy. Cast members friendly and helpful and lines moved quickly.

Fantasy looked even better with 25th anniversary touches like banners and decor.

We stayed port verandah. We decided we do like starboard better for views especially Castaway Cay view. Stateroom host was good and room was right near midship.

Restaurants and server team very good. We tried some new items, some hits some misses. As usual if you don’t like something just tell them and they will get you something else. And if you want to try multiple apps or desserts just ask.

Palo brunch - our third time having it and still amazing. Paced ourselves better so didn’t need hour nap after lol. Panna Cotta dessert may be our fave, so light and refreshing after big meal.

Pools - we only did adult Cove pool and typically early before it got crowded. Was very nice.

Rainforest Room - we got the week pass and used it 5 times I think? Twice was busy and didn’t wait for a chair as people napped or camped out with books. But we did hot tubs and showers and steam/sauna. Three times we were able to use chairs and they are heaven. The value spends on how much you use it and hitting it at right times. It’s also nice to use the spa showers as they are much roomier than staterooms.

Cozumel - dune buggy and snorkel, beach excursion. The buggies are just road vehicles nothing off-road. Snorkel was guided and decent nothing amazing. I have snorkeled in better spots on Cozumel. The beach part of tour was unfortunately not what we expected. More like an outside restaurant with adjacent stores and they had some hammocks and beach chairs but not a beach to swim as it was rocky and rough on that side of island. We did share our buggy with a super nice mom and daughter so got to chat with them and the mom was nice enough to drive (stick shift). We thought port area shops were just ok.

Cayman - we booked late and did stingray city and snorkel with a powerboat. Red Sail was operator. Really cool excursion as Stingray City, although loaded with tourists, is pretty amazing. Rays swim all around you and guides will help you “kiss” them and cradle them. The snorkel spot was decent saw a Ray and some cool fish. The port area had some shops and decent deals and no pressure sales.

Jamaica - did the Good Hope Estate tour with tube river float. Was relaxing as tube float was about 20 minutes through a beautiful area. You can get out to swim a couple spots and guides do their best to keep you entertained. After that the estate area has pools, long waterslide and some waterfall pools. We got to enjoy pool before hordes of tours arrived which was nice. After it got too crowded we caught bus back to port area. Port area has many shops and we thought deals were ok. No pressure sales.

For sea days we did Rainforest, Midship Detective Agency for first time and that was fun, a deck walk around track, some trivia and shops and Aquaduck once.

We hit Cove Cafe every am and sometimes afternoon. For quick serve we did pizza (ok), burgers (decent), sandwich and wrap (good) and chicken tenders (a fave).

The shows were great as usual, the photographers onboard super nice with Veronica and Noemi and others always there with a smile.

We finally tried gelato at Sweet on You and was great and would get it again.

Overall a great time and we love that ship (our only other experience is on Wonder) and will likely book another cruise on it.
Did they have the Captains Gala one night? Just wondering what was special on it. Was that the lobster night?

dk

For the Silver Anniversary they had an Atrium party one evening with characters and free drinks one night. Also an extra fireworks night. We had lobster one dinner but that’s normal on 7 night I think.

Glad to see this shoutout, Warren is my nephew! <3
He did a great job. I had a chance to talk with him 1-on-1 for a few minutes as he was picking some stuff up at In Da Shade (teen game area) on Castaway Cay and he was very gracious when I complimented him. It's tough to bring the energy every night in The Tube (he was the host in there each night during our cruise).

He did a great job. I had a chance to talk with him 1-on-1 for a few minutes as he was picking some stuff up at In Da Shade (teen game area) on Castaway Cay and he was very gracious when I complimented him. It's tough to bring the energy every night in The Tube (he was the host in there each night during our cruise).
This is wonderful to know, I will pass the compliments along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter