Just off the Fantasy and DCL continues to amaze us!

I know what you mean. I have been on RC and have only heard bad things about Carnival. That's why it confuses me so much when I see folks on this board complaining about the prices of DCL. You get what you pay for!! You pay for a cheaper cruise line, but many niceties are lost in the discounts. :rolleyes:

I see people saying that have had similar experiences on other lines, and I don't doubt it. I am sure Disney has it's bad days, and I am sure other lines have their good days.

However, I judge from my personal experience. My father used to teach classes on the cruise industry and when he was doing research for his book I had the opportunity to be his personal errand..... um.... to tag along...Yeah.... so I have sailed at one time or another every major line. Granted that was MANY years ago and I am sure a number of them have worked hard to change their images. That said, I have never had an experience on another line that I consider as good as I have on a Disney ship. Carnival I don't like. I will say that flat out. Don't even get me started on MSP. However I consider RCL and NCL to be "good" cruise lines. I don't think they do 'bad' by any means. I just don't think they put the spit polish on as well as Disney does. However, that's to be expected - RCL and NCL treat their ships like hotels. Disney is clear that their ships - just like their parks - are stage shows. It's just how they have and always continue to do things. They are less tolerant of disrepair, dinginess or unkept areas.

As I said - just from my personal experience. I know others will disagree.

I see people saying that have had similar experiences on other lines, and I don't doubt it. I am sure Disney has it's bad days, and I am sure other lines have their good days.

However, I judge from my personal experience. My father used to teach classes on the cruise industry and when he was doing research for his book I had the opportunity to be his personal errand..... um.... to tag along...Yeah.... so I have sailed at one time or another every major line. Granted that was MANY years ago and I am sure a number of them have worked hard to change their images. That said, I have never had an experience on another line that I consider as good as I have on a Disney ship. Carnival I don't like. I will say that flat out. Don't even get me started on MSP. However I consider RCL and NCL to be "good" cruise lines. I don't think they do 'bad' by any means. I just don't think they put the spit polish on as well as Disney does. However, that's to be expected - RCL and NCL treat their ships like hotels. Disney is clear that their ships - just like their parks - are stage shows. It's just how they have and always continue to do things. They are less tolerant of disrepair, dinginess or unkept areas.

As I said - just from my personal experience. I know others will disagree.

Agree with you 100%! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter