Just joined, hope we made the right decision.

<center><applet archive="fireworks.jar" codebase="http://www.whereitcounts.com/applets/fireworks" code="org.gjt.mln.fireworks.Fireworks.class" width=400 height=325>
<br>
<param name=image value="http://www.whereitcounts.com/applets/fireworks/wlpool.jpg">
<br>
<param name=scroll value="http://www.whereitcounts.com/applets/fireworks/congrattext.data">
<br>
<param name=plainurl value="true">
<br>
<param name=bounds value="100,0,260,50">
<br>
</applet></center>

I just returned from my first stay as a DVC member and my first stay at OKW. It was a wonderful experience and all I can say is that I can't believe that I didn't join earlier!!

I was thinking during the whole trip that by staying on DVC points and with an AP, I would get home from this trip and my next credit card bill will be no higher than it normally is!! Then I thought that this would be true for every trip to WDW from now on!! Wait until you take a trip and you don't have a hotel bill facing you in 30 days. If not before, you'll know then that you did the right thing.

Just got back yesterday from HHI, our first trip since joining in June (01). Short trip, SUN-TUES in a studio no less & feel spoiled already. I was VERY hesitatant & afraid we made a mistake but I feel MUCH better now. It was nice to get up & fix a poptart or oatmeal & not have to spend that $ & a place for leftovers (yeah)! That can save big $ especially when we go to the park. No real problems, bed was dipped on my side (probably someone sitting on it) we flipped the mattress & it was better. DIdn't know what it'd be like since HHI wasn't in Orlando but got the same friendliness & cleanliness as the park would be.

I'm sure 1br are nice but for the 2 of us the studio was fine, nice balcony, got our request for marsh view.

You won't regret it--take it from someone who would have found the "dark side" if there was one.

I'm--The eternal pessimist.

I concur with BobBrazeal(sp?) on the no hotel charge on the credit card in 30 days. My DW and I just joined a couple of months ago and will be going to OKW in Dec as DVC'ers for our first trip HOME. It's just so much easier budgeting vacations when you don't have that monster charge to deal with. Especially down the road for us when we have kids. We are in our late 20's and are just so thankful that we can say to our kids later on when budgeting gets even tighter that we'll be able to take them on annual vacations. It's something my DW and I's families were never in a position to do growing up.

Looking forward to sending out a big welcome home to you in a couple of weeks even though your a vols fan.

You see, my DW went to LSU.

Don't you worry about a thing, your investment in vacationing is very safe. After purchasing a resale for 310 points (OKW) in Oct. of 2000, i just went back and grabbed another one for 150 points and closed last week! It's truly been a great experience. Don't get too tied up in the "Flameposts", i like to read them for a laugh now and again. Each one carries a thread of truth about something we all WISH would be changed to either increase or maintain a DVC benefit, but often they are blown way out of proportion by the time the thread reaches a merciful ending. Many folks just love to vent, and use these boards for that purpose, and some folks just seem disgruntled all the time. Count your blessings, you don't have to live with them. Just take this into account...........how many rooms and DVC members are at Disney? when you examine that question, you realize that a very small and vocal percentage have negative comments, but the overall majority have had great experiences (including myself) and really don't have much to write , other that "GREAT TRIP!"

So WELCOME HOME !! and when i get my second member number i'll feel welcomed home all over again.

No regrets, Ron ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter