Just joined, hope we made the right decision.

vols001

Earning My Ears
We just joined VWL and signed on the Mickey ears and sent in our money. We are suppose to close in two weeks. I just read the thread No such thing as Members clout. I hope we did not make a bad decision to join. It sounds as if your(DVC members) not treated very fairly. Is this something that happens all the time or is this a rare incident. I just spent alot of money, if I'm going to be treated better as a paying customer rather than a DVC member maybe I need to cancel before we close. I need help from all the experience DVC members. NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!!!

Vols001,

First pf all, Welcome Home!! Its a great club to belong to. I don't think you've made a mistake.

The rules are spelled out and the resorts adhere to them for all members. Sometimes if you're staying at non DVC resorts you can get things like a late checkout, or complimentary upgraded view, etc. When you're at a DVC resort you get what you booked and they don't allow late checkouts. Most of the time the DVC resorts are running at capacity and don't have time to allow late checkouts without impacting the folks checking in. We've never been disappointed staying at a DVC resort.

We used our points at the Polynesian last week, we were given a lagoon view and also were able to get a late checkout since the resort was not full. I hope you have many magical vacations in the years to come.

We've been members since last July (2000), and we've not regretted our purchase. We didn't buy for clout. We bought for nice accommodations at a semi-reasonable rate. Many people on this board advised us (while we were in the purchasing process) not to buy DVC for the perks -- to buy for the resorts. We go about once an year and love moderate or deluxe accommodations, so we decided DVC was for us. In May of 2002, we're taking five of our closest friends, staying in two 2BR units at BWV. We would never be able to afford such a luxury without our DVC. I hope you'll find yours as satisfying.

Been a member since '95 and have never been treated badly! We love OKW and enjoy BWV. We have had the same bell service people since we joined and they are wonderful people that go out of their way to help us!

Member services has also been wonderful and very helpful!

I don't know what DVCr's expect, but I can assure you that the local Holiday Inn or Motel 6 can't compare to the investment you have just made.

We have 7 add-ons from our initial purchase, we would not have done it so many times if we didn't think it was a "no brainer."

Trust your feelings on why you purchased, you won't regret it. If you do, call me and we can make a resale transaction!! :)

Oh dear I hope my response didn't scare you!! I'm so sorry if it did. Now I better go back to lurking!!!

No you did not make a mistake. Joining DVC was one of the best decisions that my hubby and I ever made. We joined before it even opened and never even saw it when we signed on the dotted line (love those Mickey ears!!) We have added on over the years also. DVC has given us the chance to have many wonderful family vacations and priceless memories (ok now I'm sounding like a TV ad!!) The villas are the absolute best accomodations anywhere in Disney, and the value can't be matched. With the price of resorts going up every time you turn around, DVC ownership is a good investment for the future. You don't have to go looking for the "best rate", you already have it.

Different people experience things differently. Take what most posters here (including MYSELF!!) say with a grain of salt. A lot of these responses are given with years of vacation experiences. You too very shortly will have your own vacation experiences and I hope they will all be as happy as ours have been.

Good Luck and Welcome Home!!!

Thanks, I feel better now!! I'm grateful for all of your positive feedback. We have been to Disney for the past seven years in a row. I wish we looked into DVC a long time ago. I never thought we would make going to Disney an annnual event. This post has been a positive factor for us to join. I looking forward to reading the threads and asking alot of questions from you experts.
Thanks again :cool:

We too bought for the luxurious accomodations at WDW, HHI, and Vero Beach as well as the opportunity to trade if we desired. We did not join to be catered and adored nor to get free soaps for Christmas presents. We love staying in the middle of the magic with a full kitchen. We eat out often, but like a few dinners in when we're too tired to go out and like to have a simple breakfast in the morning. My DS loves popcicles whenever he wants and my DW keeps her insulin in the fridge. We also have whatever kind of snack our hearts desire. We love having a washer/dryer and now we pack fewer clothes and go home with all clean! We like having all the amenities of home right smack dab in the middle of all the mouse action. Would like to add even more points and will in the near future.:bounce:

hi: glad you are reassured. the only regret we have is not joining sooner. everything as far as what is/isn't allowed, perks, etc. is spelled out in your paperwork. you know some people are never satisfied ( the glass is half empty, or half full, or the glass is twice as big as it needs to be, or what glass?). yes, some additional things would be nice, but that isn't the main reason why most buy into dvc. i'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the next 41 years with all your new neighbors!

Welcome Home! We joined in '92 and have added 3 times (all at OKW). We've never regretted it.

DH and I have been DVCers since 1997, and have never regretted our decision! I think it is the best investment we have ever made. It allows us to enjoy a level of accomodations on vacation that we would normally not be able to afford, or at least not be able to afford without some difficulty. About the only regret we have is not joining sooner. It was being built when we were there on our honeymoon(1991)and I wanted to buy then, but DH thought we should do something sensible like buy a house first. Imagine:rolleyes:!!!

In any event, we've never regretted it. If you do determine that it is not right for you, you won't have any trouble selling it. From what I understand, a DVC ownership is very sought after.

If you bought for "clout" you'll be disappointed. If you bought for the beautiful DVC resorts, then you'll be thrilled!

Welcome Home.

We bought in 1999 and have never been treated anything but great when we go home.

We purchased in May of 2000. Our only regret, we didn't do it sooner. I think you will be very satisfied. Congratulations and Welcome Home!

vols001 a BIG WELCOME!
We love to go to WDW and love great accomadations and the DVC is the best. Yes you may get extra perks at some other resorts but you pay for them. If you read these boards you will find mostly happy DVC'ers. There will be negative comments sometimes, and that is healthy if they are valid. It is human nature to remember the one bad thing against the twenty good things.
We have had some problems on our DVC vacations, but were always able to resolve them. Also you will notice that some discussions on this board will become quite heated, and sometimes people say things I feel they later regret. Do not let any of this from keeping you from enjoying your purchase or taking part on these boards. Again welcome, Jerry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter