Just had a lengthy discussion w/CM re: Pin Codes

Ziggie

The TF Fairy is Inspiried by Ziggie
I just got off the phone with a knowledgeable and courteous CM at Disney. She let me ask any questions I wanted regarding pin codes. She also discussed my personal situation as well.

She checked my account and said that I last had a pin code in 2003. She was also able to tell me that a pin code was sent to us via regular mail this past December 24th which was good until the last week of March, 2005. I explained to her that we never received the December code and she verified the address. Mistakenly, it had been sent to a neighbor of mine... even though it had my name on it. I can't tell you how frustrated I feel now after hearing that.

She also told me that on some of the screens she was looking at, a box had been checked that said "send no email". I asked her how that could've happened and she said that at some point in time, when someone was accessing my records, they ticked it off. I asked her if they would've asked me about it first and she "not necessarily". It could've been done after I had hung up.

The one thing she emphasized was how many trips our family had made to WDW. I asked her "can you see all of them?" She said her records were showing the last 100 trips. Panicking, I then asked her if that could be the reason we haven't received a pin code since 2003. She said (and I quote) "absolutely not".

The one thing she made very, very clear was this: there is no rhyme or reason to receiving a pin code. Accounts are selected totally at random by the marketing department. You either receive one or you don't. And it could be years in-between getting one and not getting one.

We talked about pin codes/discounts for quite some time. If you have questions, I'll be happy to help answer them (as long as it was something we covered during our conversation).

Do you think there will be any discount codes for December 2005? When I called the CM told me there may not be because Disney is booking up fast.

We have been going regularly for 6 years now and have always had a discount code. I thought maybe some of you may know better as to what to believe.

Thank you

juljenann said:
Do you think there will be any discount codes for December 2005? When I called the CM told me there may not be because Disney is booking up fast.

We have been going regularly for 6 years now and have always had a discount code. I thought maybe some of you may know better as to what to believe.

Thank you

Discount codes are offered throughout the year... except for Christmas. We spoke mainly about pin codes.

Ziggie said:
Discount codes are offered throughout the year... except for Christmas. We spoke mainly about pin codes.

Let me ask you, i have never gone to WDW. How would i be able to possibly get a pin code, do i have to make ressies first?

waynedavis703 said:
Let me ask you, i have never gone to WDW. How would i be able to possibly get a pin code, do i have to make ressies first?

According to the CM, there is nothing you can do yourself to get a pin code. There is nothing they themselves can do to assist you in getting a pin code. The codes are emailed at random by the marketing dept.

Waynedavis703, Make sure you are registered at go.com. I believe that's where marketing gets some of the e-mail addresses.

Ziggie said:
According to the CM, there is nothing you can do yourself to get a pin code. There is nothing they themselves can do to assist you in getting a pin code. The codes are emailed at random by the marketing dept.
But shouldn't you at least sign up on the Disney website to make sure your address is in their database?

monymony3471 said:
How does one see that their information is there to possibly be put on this list?

Not really sure what list you're talking about(?) :confused3 If you mean the list that the marketing dept. uses, there isn't a list per se. They target different things for different reasons at different times. The list is dynamic... always changing for whatever reason they code it for.

As far as your personal information, I would just call Disney and say "I'd like to verify that you have my correct information on file".

tlbwriter said:
But shouldn't you at least sign up on the Disney website to make sure your address is in their database?

We did talk about that and she said that the marketing dept. doesn't actually reveal "where" they get your email addy from (at any one given point). She told me to continuously ck the Disney website, but that was in reference to being a Florida resident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter