JUst got back from Vero, it was Great!

LPnerd

DIS Veteran
I will start with the bad, as there is only one thing.
We had dinner in room and ordered from the sit down restaurant. ( they all have about the same name, very confusing), ordered crab cakes, pizza and couch fritters. Not one thing was good! The crab cakes were NOT crab. they were fish and pretty strong at that. Just gross and I am a crab cake lover. We tossed them and took the garbage out as they were gagging all of us, no joke), the fritters tasted ok, once we soaked the grease off them with paper towels and picked off the burnt spots, and the pizza was bland, crust of a thin pizza was not done. ( How is that even possible???).
Our guy for garbage stopped by and we had him look at what we were complaining about. He agreed and told us to mention his name and tell the front desk. So I did and they took off the charge. No problem, just apologies. All other food from the other places was very good to excellent ( a grab and go that also has DOLE WHIP!) The drinks both adult and child were decent if a bit over priced, and the refill cup was still $20.
We played mini golf, rented bikes, made a shark tooth necklace and a tie dye micky shirt, played trivia by the pool and bingo. All of it and all the cast were wonderful! Masks were worn when appropriate, the guest laundry in the INN was clean, and housekeeping was wonderful. They stayed out unless you called them. All answered the call in a hurry even through they were horribly understaffed.
It was so much fun, and we needed time for fun as we had to take our little one out of school and homeschool again. Fl. schools are lousy with covid. She needed something to put a smile back on her face and boy, it was perfect!
we were there August 22-27.
FYI, we all saw sharks in the water about 100-200 yrds off shore around 4pm each day. ( feeding time). Otherwise beach was great and clean and social distancing was observed.

Last edited:
Just curious - how old is your daughter? I want to try Vero Beach, but I was always hesitant because I didn't know if my kids would be "bored" since it's not as jammed with entertainment like the parks. Mine are 4 and 8. We really just want to do a long weekend over the winter (from NY) but I'm not sure if things slow down at the resort or if they still have all those fun things you just detailed.

I will look it up, but wanted your opinion.

Thanks!

Granddaughter is 8yrs old.
Prior to covid, they had a teen club that had off grounds things to do, pizza and a movie was one of them. hard to get a room there as it is pretty popular. It's our home resort, and even then if I don't book at the year mark, I could be in trouble, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter