just got a Keurig...we were recently dubbed the Keurig Krew......

Our Keurig died yesterday. After probably 2+ years it just wouldn't turn on. Did the obvious; checked that it was plugged in, tried it in a different outlet, verified there was power in said outlet. :sad:

But!!!! We called Keurig to see if there was anything else to try. After a nice chat with their customer service people, they are sending us a new one. All we have to do is to send the K-cup holder from the old one back to them. And even better, since our model is no longer made they are sending us an upgraded model, the Platinum. :thumbsup2

In the mean time, we were dreading going thru K-cup withdrawal so we went to BB&B last night to buy one of the Mini's with a 20% off coupon. Works pretty good and we will keep as a backup, or perhaps for travel purposes. :coffee:

I'm so glad you're getting a nice new Keurig! Awesome customer service!

When your new one arrives, I highly recommend the Spicy Eggnog K-Cups. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Our Keurig died yesterday. After probably 2+ years it just wouldn't turn on. Did the obvious; checked that it was plugged in, tried it in a different outlet, verified there was power in said outlet. :sad:

But!!!! We called Keurig to see if there was anything else to try. After a nice chat with their customer service people, they are sending us a new one. All we have to do is to send the K-cup holder from the old one back to them. And even better, since our model is no longer made they are sending us an upgraded model, the Platinum. :thumbsup2

In the mean time, we were dreading going thru K-cup withdrawal so we went to BB&B last night to buy one of the Mini's with a 20% off coupon. Works pretty good and we will keep as a backup, or perhaps for travel purposes. :coffee:

I am interested to hear what you think of the Mini. I have looked at them so many times and couldn't decide if I really needed it. :) I know I could find a use for it. :)

I am interested to hear what you think of the Mini. I have looked at them so many times and couldn't decide if I really needed it. :) I know I could find a use for it. :)

I have a Mini - we took it to WDW at Easter and to Vermont on vacation in the summer. It's okay. Doesn't really compare to the big ones with the side reservoirs.

I seem to get confused about the water reservoir or something (I'm easily confused, you know), and the order you do the steps in for filling it. It has to do with open the lid, put the water in, close the lid, water runs down inside the unit, I guess. It's hard to explain, but I kept forgetting how to do it - despite lights on the machine telling you what to do - or adding water when it didn't need any. I don't know, I think it's just me! LOL.

Before our big machine broke we were in the exact same place Kathy. Considered buying several times but couldn't justify it. Every time we traveled somewhere we grumbled about the quality of the in-room coffee and wished we had a mini. But then we didn't want the hassle of bringing the machine with us. So we just didn't buy. Not at all sure what we will do with it when the replacement machine arrives, but at least we won't be k-less in the future. :coffee:

Now that we have one, I'm happy with its performance. It makes 3 different cup sizes. Actually, its an infinite number of sizes since it just depends on how much water you pour into it (up to 12 oz I think). You simply fill your cup with water and pour it into the top reservoir. When you lift the handle on the k-cup holder, the water runs into the machine. You put your k-cup in as normal and push the brew button. Takes about 2 minutes to brew a cup.

Thank you for the information. :) It just seems to me the Mini should be less expensive than $100.

How about $80 Kathy? We had a 20% discount coupon to Bed, Bath and Beyond so it was only $80. Plus it can with a 12 k-cup sampler.

My Keurig Platinum bit the dust. This is already a replacement coffee maker. I called Keurig and found out that I was 6 months past the warranty period. This wasn't sounding good. Then I was told that they would be sending me a new one. Since the Platinum isn't stocked at Keurig any longer they sent me the Platinum Plus AND a fresh one year warranty!

I'm still a happy camper dealing with Keurig.

I am now a member of the K Klub and loving it.

Thank you all for your posts and great advice.

Just following up on my post about getting a replacement. The new one arrived in probably record time. Lets see, the old one died on Wednesday (day before Thanksgiving) and the replacement unit was delivered by FEDEX on Saturday. Four day turnaround. :coffee:

We are also huge fans of our Keurig! I went from being a "coffee every now and then" person to drinking two cups every morning! Try the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice! You'll love it!

PS- Starbuck's K-Cups are coming in about a month!

We have three! DW took our original to work so we got the deluxe for home. Then we got a mini for vacation, we drive, so it's available in the motel when we stop enroute. We even use it in our timeshares if we want a cup of coffee or tea during the day. I like Emril's and DW likes Donut Shop.

It looks like we will be part of the gang. I had been looking at getting one for my wife and I was able to get a deal on a B40 model from Kohls that I couldn't resist.

They had it on sale for $107 and I was able to find a discount code for an additional 20% off. It ended up being $86 so I was really happy. On top of that they also gave me $15 in Kohls cash:thumbsup2 Gotta love Black Friday.

I know its not the top of the line model but I thought it would be a good starter version anyway.

Just ordered my first machine yesterday from QVC. Can't wait to try it. :lovestruc

I ordered the Platinum from QVC this weekend too! It's a gift for my parents. I hope they like it- and I secretly hope my DH likes it too and we can get one for home. He doesn't see the benefit yet...

I ordered the Platinum from QVC this weekend too! It's a gift for my parents. I hope they like it- and I secretly hope my DH likes it too and we can get one for home. He doesn't see the benefit yet...

You have a real good chance of getting your DH over to the Keurig. I got DW a Platinum last May for Mother's Day. At the time I seldom drank coffee (mostly Diet Coke instead) - naturally I tried several varieties. Now I'm two cups of Donut Shop every morning, and we bought an Elite for DW's office at work, and now we bought a Mini+ ($49 direct from Keurig with points from purchasing K-cups through them) to take with us on our December trip to
WDW. It seems pretty much that being exposed is the key.

And the poster that mentioned getting the B40 - that will fix you up just fine, it's a good machine.

I got mine a little over a month ago and :lovestruc it! I get coffee every morning and hot water is never a problem anymore. I found the Starbucks k cups at Walmart this week. I also found a few varieties of k cups at Big Lots too.

Haven't read all 31 pages..but I wanted to add my review of this product. I just got the Solofil personal K cup from Amazon and I love it. It's much easier to use than the Keurig one, you don't have to take out the whole housing. It's the size of a regular K cup, you just pour your own ground coffee in, plop it into the Keurig and you're set. If you want ground and someone else wants a K-cup, it's even better. You don't have to reassemble the thing in between. It is a little more $$, I paid about $20 instead of the $14 for the Keurig one, but to me it's worth it just for the convenience.

I will have to check that cup out. My DH uses the refillable thing - I am way too lazy. But maybe that Solofil one will be better.

For those that get a replacement machine from Keurig because of a problem with the old one, don't forget to register the new machine. The first 3 machines registered to you qualify for a coupon to get 2 free boxes of K-cups when you buy 2 from Keurig. Good deal! :coffee:

For those that get a replacement machine from Keurig because of a problem with the old one, don't forget to register the new machine. The first 3 machines registered to you qualify for a coupon to get 2 free boxes of K-cups when you buy 2 from Keurig. Good deal! :coffee:

I was unable to get that offer for my replacement machine or the Mini that we purchased. It was a "one per household" type offer. I was a little miffed that I couldn't get it on the Mini, since we did actually buy it. The replacement one I understood. But in any case, it would not let me get the buy 2 get 2 offer in either case (this was earlier this year, in the April time frame).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter