Just booked a Disney cruise

I am definitely impressed with the upgrade Wayne :goodvibes And you've given me a nudge to pay off our Disney cruise balance too. And our DS plus wife and children, are coming along on our Ruby Celebration so smiled at Matt's maybe coming for your Golden wedding.
:rotfl2: Are you and David paying for them also? I might be working until I am 90 I think.:rotfl:

Wow! Wayne that's an amazing price!!
I may need to go in and investigate!!!
Very excited now! Just have to book a hotel in Barcelona for a night & awaiting excursions to be released!!

Hope you find a hotel OK, the one we booked at about £90 is now £185. prices seem to have risen a lot.

:rotfl2:

Hope you find a hotel OK, the one we booked at about £90 is now £185. prices seem to have risen a lot.

Thanks! Need to get onto that really however, we have a week in Scotland from next Saturday which has nearly cost as much as the cruise already!!

Once that's done, I can get into full cruise planning mode :cool1:

first off - good decision on the upgrade - even if you only use it a little, it gives you the option of being out there on your own...

i'm not one of the people who sits out there for hours and hours, but i do like to go out there early in the morning or late at night and just stare out at the water.
and i also love it for when we arrive and leave ports..

and here's that video again - i posted it in another thread for you, but in case you don't see it there - here's marvel's avengers academy - only on the disney magic!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82y-Jvqz4io

in the words of S.I.R., "bon voyage!! "

Watched it this morning, Don't get Marvel characters at all, they should be in a Universal Park, not Disney:confused3

Disney own them. They cannot put them in their parks - Universal still have the rights to that - but they sure can put them on a boat. And what better way to steal more customers from Universal :thumbsup2

DD and DSIL really really really really really wanted to do the transatlantic...
But they have a show at that time, plus they both teach music in the conservatory now, which follows the regular school year.
So they can't take off in september. She's gutted!!

she finally realised today that she can't do it no matter what.
so now she's thinking about taking one of the 7 days right before your cruise (the one that's the last week of august).
i think it's double the cost of your 14 day cruise, but beggers can't be choosy, after all.

one day, she'll be able to do the transatlantic....just not for the next few years i guess... :sad:

she finally realised today that she can't do it no matter what.
so now she's thinking about taking one of the 7 days right before your cruise (the one that's the last week of august).
i think it's double the cost of your 14 day cruise, but beggers can't be choosy, after all.

I originally looked at 2 weeks in Florida + 1 week cruise then saw the option of doing it the other way, 2 week cruise + week in Florida, the cost of cruise was exactly the same for either 1 week Caribbean or 2 week Transatlantic.

Just checked the 7 night European cruise (the last one before ours) and its over 50% more than our 14 nighter.:scared1:

I originally looked at 2 weeks in Florida + 1 week cruise then saw the option of doing it the other way, 2 week cruise + week in Florida, the cost of cruise was exactly the same for either 1 week Caribbean or 2 week Transatlantic.

Just checked the 7 night European cruise (the last one before ours) and its over 50% more than our 14 nighter.:scared1:

this would be the one before that...the cruise on august 23rd...
i just checked and they can get flights to barcelona on points (amazing considering it's august....though the taxes are pretty high, but they'll still save a lot with points..

they'll have to stay one night before the cruise, but not after (since the flight is just after midnight after the cruise)....so only one hotel night...not too bad if i can find something not too bad....

and with that cruise, they'd be back in time for the school year (with about 16 hours to spare :) )
School starts the next day - sept 1

by the way, do you know a reasonably priced hotel in barcelona?

yes, i was just looking on trip advisor first to find out a bit - get the lay of the land as i know nothing about barcelona... :)

I am just hoping we chose right, I have no idea either. I picked one just off Las Ramblas and not too far from the port. Looks like its close enough to a few things to walk to on the Friday afternoon, pick up some bottles of vodka for the cruise:drinking1

I am just hoping we chose right, I have no idea either. I picked one just off Las Ramblas and not too far from the port. Looks like its close enough to a few things to walk to on the Friday afternoon, pick up some bottles of vodka for the cruise:drinking1

sounds perfect!!
lets see - 14 days....so you'll need 14 bottles, no? ;)

16 months since I started this thread. The cruise is eventually here.
We flew down to Barcelona this morning, 3am start so we are shattered now. Plane delayed about 90 mins due to fog.
So far checked into hotel, had a walk around the port area and now back at hotel cooling off. Soon we will walk the opposite way up La Ramblas to find some vodka, a bite to eat then an early night.
Board the Disney Magic tomorrow for 14 nights. Unfortunately no live TR, internet onboard costs $90/gb.

Glad to hear you've arrived in Barcelona Wayne :thumbsup2

Hope you have a fantastic cruise and can't wait to hear all about it :banana:

Have a great time all of you and I trust the Atlantic will be like glass. Booked on the Magic myself next January and so I've more of in interest than previously.

Yet again, I'll be with you in spirit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter