Just back...some of my tips : )

tidoublegger

<font color=purple>Crazy People Don't Know They're
Hi, we just got back from our trip and here are some of my tips:

1) if you're not bringing your own stroller, tie something to the handle to make it stand out from the sea of identical strollers that get moved around by CM's! I know this tip is always pointed out, but I can't stress it's importance!!!

2) if you can purchase those fan/water bottles at Target or Walmart prior to your departure, do it!! They cost $17.00 in the parks! Yikes!! BTW, you can ask for a cup of ice at any beverage cart and and you can refill your bottle with it! Much nicer than fountain water alone!

3) bring a change of clothing for any child under 5 years old! I can't think of anything worse than having a soda dumped in a lap or a "potty" accident and having nothing to change into!!

4) make sure everyone's shoes are broken in. Unless you have those great Teva's or Birkenstocks, wear cross trainers. I saw so many women in heeled sandals or cheepo flipflops. You could actually see the blood pooled in the bottom of their feet! And for heaven's sake, don't let your little "princess" wear her jellies just because they are her favorite shoes! I saw tons of little girls in these horrible so-called shoes! I bought 2 pr. of sneakers for my dd about 2 months before we left and alternated them so they'd break in before our trip. We brought both pairs with us just in case.

5) keep in mind that bottles of water cost $2.50 each in the park which can add up quickly, even with small families. You may want to buy one of those brita filtered water bottles or bring your own!

6) pressed pennies are a really fun for even the littlest ones to make! They love seeing their regular penny transformed into a pressed penny!

7) don't forget to open the autograph book to a blank page and hand the pen to the character. It's hard for them to handle these small items!

8) Try to keep little ones close to their bedtime schedule or you'll be headed for meltdown city by day 3!! If you can have a low key day or two dispersed throughout the week, do it! You'll all recharge your batteries and your trip will be that much better!!

9) have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved your tips!!! Thankyou! We're leaving on the 12th of June, and that's what I'm looking for..............lots of tips!! Could you please tell me more about these Britta filtered water bottles? Where can you get them?

Thanks
:sunny: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :sunny:

I couldn't fine one of the Brita bottles...maybe you could post the question and someone may have the answer! I only looked at Walmart. Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

There are tons of threads on this board about the Brita waterbottles. I got mine at walmart for 7 dollars everyone on here really raves about them. They were hard to find you have to go into hardware and find the water filters to find the bottles. We are going next week cant wait to try it out.

i just had to mention that one of the non-official disney books talks about the huge problem of strollers not just getting moved, but also getting stolen by others because theirs got moved or stolen.

Their solution: a diaper bag with a diaper in it with root beer spilled on it....nobody will want your stroller!

Hey, I'm just sharing...not my thought!

I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Target also carry's Brita products. If you go to there website, they also sell them on line but you have to pay shippping!!

I JUST USED THE DRUGSTORE.COM WEB SITE THANKS ROBMOM. THE SHIPPING WASN'T BAD $5.49. AT LEAST IT SAVED ME A TRIP TO THE STORE. HOW LONG DO THEY LAST ANYWAY? LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO GO NOW. I CAN'T WAIT...

To get free shipping from drugstore.com, go first to funtasia.com (that's funtasia, not fantasia) and click on "the big list". The listing is alphabetical and there will be free shipping codes for drugstore.com
;) ;)

You are so right about the shoes! You can't stress enough how important good shoes are! I am amazed at how many people walk around in flip flops or high heeled type shoes. I dont know how they do it, I would be crying after the first half hour! Also bringing more than one pair of comfortable shoes because you never know when yours will be soaked by rain or a ride and they do not dry out quickly in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter