Just back from the BWI

franw

DIS Veteran
Just got back last night from the BWI and wanted to reassure anyone heading that way that everything was as wonderful as I had hoped. Had room 5270 which was terrific. Very quiet and a great view of Illuminations. The mattresses seemed like they were brand new. CMs were great and it seemed almost fairytale like as the guests all seemed to be very friendly and happy. The weather was wonderful and the walk around the boardwalk at night was downright magical. Crowds were small but festive and the Flower and Garden Show was worth the trip. Got a great massage from Deborah. Dinner at the Flying Fish was outstanding, as always. Hated to leave.

Welcome back, franw!

Now it's time to plan your next trip...so put on a smile! :p

Q

Ah,franw....reading your post made me so homesick for the Boardwalk Inn!! You really captured that specialness and magic of the resort with the term fairytale. Last year when my best friend and I stayed there, another mutual friend of ours has a cousin working at the Inn. He took us on a tour of the resort and showed us some of the suites and when we returned to our room that evening after our day in the park he had brought brand new mattresses in for our beds ( they were replacing them all a few at a time and he picked our room that day!!). For the rest of our trip we also had clean triple sheeted beds every night. By the time we left BWI we felt like royalty!!! Your comments, especially on the beds, brought it all back !! So yes, those beds are brand new. Have you stayed at the Inn before ? Where did you get your massage...at the resort? Thanks for painting such a lovely picture of my favorite pplace at WDW!

Hey franw, we stayed in the room right across the hall on our trip last year, 5269! We love BWI too!

A ? for my kid's benefit.... they keep talking about all their favorite entertainers on the BW and wondering if they are still there.... did you see Carlo (flame/sword swallower) or the Ejapana guy (traveling medicine salesman)???

I have had the pleasure of staying at the BWI about 5 times now. I just love the hotel itself and the setting. To be able to walk down those steps to the boardwalk area and see that view is just wonderful. Not to mention being able to run down for an ice cream or a visit to the Boardwalk Bakery. Yes, Carlo is still there -- he is a riot. The bicycle piano player was there and also the cowgirl. It seemed to me that for as small as the park crowds were, people must be discovering the boardwalk area as it was bustling with energy every evening. Our last night we sat eating ice cream along the waterfront and all was well with the world. My friend, who has been going through some rough times with family illness, seemed rested and at peace from our visit. It was a terrific visit from the front desk, maid service, room service. Not a single complaint from this lady. My mind will drift back to this visit often.

I have had the pleasure of staying at the BWI about 5 times now. I just love the hotel itself and the setting. To be able to walk down those steps to the boardwalk area and see that view is just wonderful. Not to mention being able to run down for an ice cream or a visit to the Boardwalk Bakery. Yes, Carlo is still there -- he is a riot. The bicycle piano player was there and also the cowgirl. It seemed to me that for as small as the park crowds were, people must be discovering the boardwalk area as it was bustling with energy every evening. Our last night we sat eating ice cream along the waterfront and all was well with the world. My friend, who has been going through some rough times with family illness, seemed rested and at peace from our visit. It was a terrific visit from the front desk, maid service, room service. Not a single complaint from this lady. My mind will drift back to this visit often. They called Deborah over to the health club at the BWI for my massage. She was very good and there is another lady by the name of Becky who is also very good. They were also very happy to have the business. I think they are feeling the pinch of the economy as it is an obvious place for people to cut expenses.

Welcome back Fran!!!!

I will be leaving for BWV this weekend!!!! DId there lok to be a lot of remodeling going on???

All these post are making me so much more excited!!!!\\

Start thinking about your next trip!!!!

Where do you think you will stay next time??:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thank you for the wonderful report, FranW!

The Boardwalk is the BEST!!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Thanks Franw, I remember the cowgirl too. She taught about 10 kids (mine included) to twirl rope one night!

Now I remember reading one of your posts before you went about taking this friend. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip.:D

Welcome Home! I am glad your trip was magical!!:D The BWI is my favorite too!!

There was quite a bit of renovation going on at the BWI along the boardwalk frontage (by the DVC model) and also along the wing that stretches along the front of the shop area by the art gallery and back towards the parking lot. Nothing really that seemed to impose on the hotel itself though and maybe some of it will be done by the time you get there. I know that didn't seem to bother me at all. If you fax a request for one of the rooms in the 5270 area you probably won't even notice it except to walk through to the pool area. I was given some good suggestions on rooms to ask for so put the question out there and I am sure a few of our BWI friends will help you out. Have a wonderful trip!! Mine was even better than I had hoped it could possibly be. Enjoy some magic for us all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter