Just back from our first stay at BCV

D&R love Disney

DIS Veteran
And it was fantastic. We were in 542 a 2 BR (lock-off) and it was in great shape. We had 3 balconies (with plenty of spiders :eek: I hate spiders so DH got out the broom to sweep off the cobwebs!) and the room was very comfortable. We had a direct view of Space Ship Earth and looking to the right we could watch Illuminations fireworks. The 2 kids planned on switching off with the bed and pull out but DSS said the pull out was very comfortable and didn't want to switch with his sister.

We were able to check in at the new desk in the BCV lobby and it was very quick. We could have gotten a room right away but it was a 1st floor and I wanted to be higher up. We got into our room around 3:00 pm and had the bags and our Garden Grocer delivery brought up. I'm so glad I learned about Garden Grocer, we got everything we needed including beer and wine.

SAB was always crowded and took a while to find chairs in the afternoon. The slide was usually busy too! The kids loved SAB and we used it just about every day. Hard to believe but we never got to Beaches & Cream :sad2: but we did have cocktails at Hurricane Hanna's :thumbsup2

We did have a small problem with the dining plan. They put my step son on the plan as a child, he's 11 and definetly wants to eat off the adult menu. We didn't realize it until day 2 when we ordered lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. We got it fixed when we got back to the BCV with no problems. The funny part was we ate the night before at Whispering Canyon and all ate off the adult menu and the CM didn't say anything about it.

So, if I'm reading this right, they told you what was ready when you checked in, and rather than taking the one ready for you (first floor), you chose to wait? I'm really interested because I also really don't want a first floor room. I'm going solo in about 10 days and that's my first request. When I refused the first floor room at AKL, the CM made me wait several minutes for her to move me, then I kind of felt like it had been a big inconvenience.
What kind of cocktails can you get a Hurricane Hannahs?

The CM asked us when checking in if we wanted a 1st floor room that was currently available since I put in a request for a higher floor room. We planned on going straight to MGM so it didn't bother us to wait.

We drank margarita's at Hurricane Hanna's YUM!!!!

Thanks for the room update...we need a 2 BR lockoff at BCV, so maybe I'll make this request..never know what's available

What's up with the first floor? Is there a too much noise and traffic?
Thanks
Chris
I don't know about anyone else, but for me it's just a matter of safety. It may be not be totally rational, but I just feel safer if I'm not on the first floor when I'm solo.

What's up with the first floor? Is there a too much noise and traffic?
Thanks
Chris

We prefer the balcony to the little patio area that the ground floor has. From a safety standpoint the first floor is safer for things like fire but if you are concerned about someone breaking into the room through the patio door then that is a different story.

Sounds like a great BCV stay.

I really like the idea of a separate checkin. Easier to park the car in the BCV lot and get started on vacation.

What is this about a separate check-in? Do we no longer check in to DVC at the BC lobby?

What is this about a separate check-in? Do we no longer check in to DVC at the BC lobby?

BCV is testing a check-in desk at the Villas rather than the main lobby of the BC. We went Aug. 11th and they told us it was something they were trying out. The bellhop let us know to go there instead of the main lobby when we valeted our car. I don't know if it is permanent yet.
:confused3

Thanks for the info on the separate check-in! I was there 7/15 and check-in was still in the main lobby. Where exactly was the "trial" check in at the Villas?

Glad you had fun!

Totally LOVING an idea of a separate check in at BCV!

Not that the BC check=in has been bad, but SO much easier to park and just go in.

Which desk are we referring to? The only one I am aware of is the one that is a DVC info desk there in the circular lobby on near the walkway to the BC itself.

Is that where it is?

Please let us know!

Yes, that is the desk. We arrived on the 14th and were told by the bellhop that we could go dirctly to the villas and checkin. As soon as you walk into the Villas, on your left is what was always a small DVC information desk. That is where they now are checking people in! :)

I am so excited about that...I don't know why...

I've never had a problem checking in at the BC desk...but there always seems to be a line, no matter what day or time of day I check in.

I'm hopeful that it will be speedier this way.

Thanks for the info.

I had never been to BCV before, but I was happy to not be stuck in that line I saw in the lobby. We were the only ones checking in at the Villas at the time. The CM's said with a desk that small, they sure better like each other. They were joking around, but I do think they need to expand that desk if this is a permanent thing.

Sounds like a great BCV stay.

I really like the idea of a separate checkin. Easier to park the car in the BCV lot and get started on vacation.

Forget about the check in.... Where is the BCV lot????!!!!!! I would love to know, especially after I used a stoller to lug groceries from the main lot!

The check in was quick and the bellman was the one who told us about it.

We like having a balcony to sit on and being on the 5th floor gave us a great view of the fireworks from EPCOT.

I doubt we'll be back to BCV for a while, next it's back to VWL, possible BWV and then we are really looking forward to staying in Kidani Village when it opens up in 2009!

We prefer the balcony to the little patio area that the ground floor has. From a safety standpoint the first floor is safer for things like fire but if you are concerned about someone breaking into the room through the patio door then that is a different story.

We also do not like first floor, especially at the BCV since the vegetation prohibits clear views of anything, and also not much privacy since you are right out in the open at ground level. I always request "high floor". We just like the balconies better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter