just back from Aprill 11th Wonder

jeanelain

Earning My Ears
This was my our first disney cruise, my daughters' first cruises ever. Had a great time!! planning on the 7 day next year.

I had no idea how great the kids clubs are. I had heard some not so good reports about not enough activities planned, etc. My nine year old couldn't wait to go everyday and wanted to stay until bedtime. My six year old would stay a few hours and then check out which was fine with me. I was getting kinda lonely. I checked on them both a couple times, once my six year old was dressed as a pirate and they were all singing and having a great time. The nine year old was on some kind of scavenger hunt and didn't have time for me... the oceaneers club and lab made the cruise for us.

We loved the breakfast and lunch buffets at Beach blanket. there wasn't anything I ate at the evening restaurants that stood out for me although Animator's palate's ambience was a big hit. the weather was a tad windy.

Next time I would bring a clock and a nightlight. there was no clock in our room and hard to find one on the ship. there is a clock on your tv, but you have to wait for it to come on the station.

After the cruise, we stayed at the WDW Dolphin hotel ( loved that!) any questions feel free to ask.

I never would've thought of that. That's the 1st thing I look for when I wake up. Thanks! Any other little tidbits? We go in July - 3 nights at Poly then 4 nights on Wonder.

We are staying at the Dolphin for two nights after our May 16th Wonder cruise. We got the cruise add-on rate of $99.00. How early were you able to get your room at the Dolphin. I'm thinking we can check in early, but our room won't be ready. Last May after our Wonder cruise we checked in at the AKL, and at 11:30AM they had a room for us.
Glad you had a good time. This will be our 3rd DCL short cruise.

we were able to check in at noon. how did you get the $99 rate?? I was able to get the govmt rate of $129 but I've never heard of the cruise add on rate.

shoes99 ... we are also doing the cruise add-on on 5/4 -- what type of room were you given with the add-on? Just curious.

Thanks!

We stayed at the Swan before our Wonder cruise in February. Whether you can check in early generally depends on if the Swan or Dolphin have large conventions checking in or departing on your check in day. The same applies to whether they will upgrade you. On the day we checked in a very large convention was checking out and we could not check in until around 4:30. We used our extra time to explore the hotel and get our park tickets. We still had time to swim in the fabulous pool after check in. We also had the $99 rate which was available with a cruise booked in January. Our room was standard and we were not given an upgrade even though I registered as a Starwood Preferred Guest to increase my chances of getting an upgrade. The front desk said they would have upgraded us but there were not any better rooms available. Hope you have a wonderful vacation;)

We are going on the wonder for 4 days in august 2003,
and my daughter will be 9 also,jeanelain,you say that
your daughter really liked the lab,what kind of activity do they have?
Did she stay for lunches and dinners ?
Did they really played with the kids or leave them on their own
to play with computers ?

Thank you for the info...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter