Just back from a week at Wilderness Lodge Villas

TiffanyW1

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a week at the Wilderness Lodge villas. It was our first DVC stay & we were in a 1 bedroom on the 5th floor (room 5524). It was wonderful to have the vaulted ceilings & our own washer and dryer :cool1:
We did have two problems. The first was the pin for the security bolt had been torn off. We didn't notice it until 10 on our first night when we went to lock up. We called & let them know we couldn't wait until morning because were afraid our Autistic son (4) would let himself out. They came up right away & tried to fix it. He got a new pin attached, but I hope no one gets hurt from the screws sticking out (the wood underneath was broken off and really needed to be replaced) :confused:
Our second problem was on trash & towel day. We took out the trash even though we knew it was our day, so all we left was a couple towels. The housekeeping took care of the towels, but helped themselves to some things in our fridge. Nothing major, but we felt kind of violated not knowing if any of the rest of our things had been gone through. We mentioned it at the front desk ... just to let them know what had happened. We were quite surprised to find a big basket of snacks (with a note) in our room the next day. It was a wonderful gesture to let us know that they felt bad ::MickeyMo
Had some magical moments too & really enjoyed our stay there They let our 4 year old son help check us in and we even saw otters & an alligator over at the dock pixiedust:

I am so looking forward to our first stay at the VWL... can't hardly wait! :yay:

I'll bet your son loved the whirlpool tub, too! Our son thinks that's one of the best parts of his vacation! :goodvibes

Kathy

glad you had a great trip...

Are the vaulted ceilings only on the 5th floor?
Kerri

glad you had a great trip...

Are the vaulted ceilings only on the 5th floor?
Kerri

I think they are on most of the top floor rooms at the Villas :love: We had the ceilings fan lightly blowing each night. Wonderful for sleeping ;)

The housekeeping took care of the towels, but helped themselves to some things in our fridge. Nothing major, but we felt kind of violated not knowing if any of the rest of our things had been gone through.
:scared1:

That is not good. I also would have complained. That creeps me out!:eek: I am glad that management took your complaint seriously, but it makes me wonder why it happened in the first place.

but it makes me wonder why it happened in the first place.
Taking a guess...

The CM got confused and thought they were doing an end-of-stay cleaning. They started throwing away what was "left" in the fridge before they caught their mistake.

Taking a guess...

The CM got confused and thought they were doing an end-of-stay cleaning. They started throwing away what was "left" in the fridge before they caught their mistake.

Then why not just be honest and tell your supervisor the truth. I am sure it would have been better than the consequences they faced after the complaint!

OP, Glad you had a wonderful stay otherwise. If you don't mind me asking, what items were taken?

Blakely

Then why not just be honest and tell your supervisor the truth. I am sure it would have been better than the consequences they faced after the complaint!

OP, Glad you had a wonderful stay otherwise. If you don't mind me asking, what items were taken?

Blakely

They took cans of soda. We only had a few things in the fridge because we were on the dining plan. I like the Diet Coke with lime (my DH hates it) and those were the ones that were missing :confused:

Taking a guess...

No chance of that. We were obviously still in the room. I had made the beds, but we had things around and had left our stroller in the room that day (right under the mirror by the entrance door).

Thanks for a great report! We are going on our first DVC stay to VWL in October and can hardly wait!!!!!

Thanks for the great report. Any pictures?? We're going in Aug for 9 days to VWL & have been dying to hear recent reports about it. Does anyone know if there are buses that run from Disney to Sea World? We're going with my MIL & she has wanted to go to SeaWorld. We thought it might make a nice day trip while she was with us. We are looking into buses as well as renting a car. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter