Just back from 10 days at Sheraton's Vistana Villages...wow!

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
Well, I see some others have posted VV trip reports recently, but I'll give you my opinion of the resort too.

We were there from Jan. 22-31, on the 2nd floor of Building 6. I requested this location, and loved it! Building 6 must have the BEST view...there is a waterfall right outside the room. I think it's nice not to be right next to the pool and playground area, since I imagine it could be quite noisy at times. The walk to the pool is still very short, but you don't have the noise.

We had a 2 bedrm villa. It was as wonderful as I had read here it would be. The decorating is beautiful, shades of dark red, sage green, and beige. Beautifully coordinated, definately done by a designer.

The villa was the perfect size for our family of 5 (3 kids-ages 1, 3, and 5). The kitchen was well-equipped. Bring your own coffee filters and laundry detergent/dryer sheets. That's it. They provided the paper towels, dish and dishwasher detergent, and the kitchen even had a knife rack with scissors. No potholders, but I also used the cloth napkins.

The crib was kind of small. It's not a pack-n-play, but is a small evenflo crib. It was okay for our 13 month old, but I think it might be kind of small for an older toddler. They did charge us a one time fee of $10 for it.

The housekeeping ranged from fine to excellent, depending on the housekeeper. If they came while we were in the room, they would only change the sheets and towels, no straightening, dishes, floors, etc... . We had one housekeeper who went way above and beyond, she left the room immaculate. We always left a $2-3 tip each day.

Check-in was great, check-out was slow.

No complaints. My kids loved the pool and playground. Traveling to Disney was a breeze. Last time we stayed at HIFS, and it took 4 minutes longer from VV to WDW. But there was no traffic and very few lights. There is a Publix very nearby.

I don't log on every day, but would be happy to answer questions if any one has any. By the way, we didn't take the shuttle we got a great mini-van rental from L & M.

:)

Thank You for your wonderful review, I just read the others and we, DH,myself DSis and her family are all going in april,we decided to get two one bedrooms, I was nervous about staying here, I was unfamiliar with V V however after these Lovely reports, I am much more at ease. only 70 days to go! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thank you for posting Lucky's Mom and welcome back!

We are staying there too in April and your post will all the others are really making me feel that I've made the right decision to stay here (my DH left everything up to me), that our family will be very happy and comfortable.

I'd like to ask if you know if you can request that housekeeping come later in the morning when we are gone?? I really wouldn't want them there while we trying to get ready, etc...

Lorix2,
When we were there from the 18th to the 28th last month, we left for the parks everyday anywhere from 8:15 am to 9:00 am. We did not request any particular time for our housekeeping visit at VV. They had always serviced the room by the time we returned, anywhere from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm. We have had a few problems at Disney resorts with them coming around 1 or so when our kids were trying to nap. We always did the early request thing at Disney to avoid it but depending on if the hk got the word, it did or did not happen. Lucky'sMom, hit one thing that we saw, it was obvious by the way the room was serviced that we seemed to have a different person almost everytime. That seem to contribute to our timing problem at Disney when we requested the particular time, the "regular" person did it but when someone else "filled in" it did not always happen.
Paksmom,
Not knowing where you are used to staying I can't be for sure, but I really think that your family will love these accommodations. Being that it is a fairly knew timeshare operation, much detail is paid to everything, including the grounds and landscaping. The resort was very, very nice.
Our 22 month old slept in one of the cribs and he had plenty of room. I know that it is not a full size crib but fewer resorts have them these days. The mattress was thicker than the packnplay's that many hotel's provide. He slept really well, very little toss and turning. We were able to snag a full size baby bed at OKW Resort at Disney in October....this was after the front dest person said that our chances were not very good.
Not that anyone will be very interested, I still plan to post a trip report of our stay at VV. And I plan to do it on this board, off-site reports seem to get very little attention on the true trip board. It is almost as if a "it ain't Disney then it ain't all that interesting" attitude takes over. I have answered some questions regarding our experience on this board but have not really relayed our full blow by blow, detail by detail experience. Just kidding about the bbb and dbd.
The one point that I cannot stress enough is that you can have a great trip staying at VV as long as you have a vehicle. We feel the same way when we stay at Disney, we always have a car even though many say that it is not necessary. Disney resorts are great but they are very pricey and for what you get at VV in the way of size and amenities, VV wins hands down over most Disney accommodation situations. I still plan to post the report.:)

great report....we are thinking of staying there next trip! I love reading all thse great reports!

Bailybrad, thank you for your response, I agree that for the price you get so much more than you do for just a room, we originally had ressy at the Swan for this trip but my sisters family would be crowd. I was having a hard time giving up those ressy, due to the location, but I know that they will be more comfortable at V V and we got such a great deal! For the 7 of us we were able to get 4dph+,3d Universal, and 2 one br units for about 3G and we are driving down, (I have had a few bad flying exp) so we will have the cars with us. My main concerns were with the distance, but some times on proberty you have to wait for the transportation anyway. I am so looking forward to this trip after reading your thread, I can not wait for your trip report!:) angain Thank You for your response:)

Lorix2, we never tried to request that housekeeping come at a certain time. The times that they came when we were in the room is because we were there at odd times (during the day when others are typically in the parks). We had 2 days "off" from park hopping, and also brought the kids back for rest during the day several times. I just referred a friend to VV...she'll be going on Tuesday. I was just so pleased with this resort, and we just couldn't believe the value and luxury for the price!

Lucky's Mom - that sounds like exactly what we'll be doing: coming back to rest, hang out to relax a bit, etc...so that's why I asked. Thanks for the all the info - I'm so excited, I cannot wait for April to get here. The responses have been fantastic - I have a feeling most of us will be "lifers" upon our return :D

I too am getting excited about this place - we are a family of six who currently have reservations at the CBR. This would have been our first time staying onsite but I really cannot justify the cost for 2 rooms at the CBR in comparison with what I am hearing on these boards. The space alone is enough to excite me (after spending 12 very crowded day at the Sunspree on our last trip) but to have a washer and dryer. This is sick but I these things excite me! How great is this place...details....details.....I need to tell our friends that we will not be staying at the same place as them and need some fortitude!! Can we park ourselves at the pool at say, 7 o'clock, order a drink as we watch the children play in the pool. Are there poolside activities in the daytime. Is is close enough to come back home for a 2 hour rest. How long did it take you to drive to MK, and MGM. Please let me know and/or post on Trip Reports. I agree with you that not enough reports are done on non-disney hotels.

PS. I saw at HotelKingdoms website that Vistana VIllages advertises childcare.....has anyone used this or know someone who has??

I still kinda wish I could afford onsite but everyone here is making me feel better about it and with the loss of EE mornings and early park closings at the time we are going I just dont think the benefits outweigh the costs. Can anyone give me feedback to make me feel better...boo hoo......maybe next trip (3 years from now!).

vellamint - just some FYI unti someone who has stayed here replies....if you go under "orlando Hotels & attractions", look back a couple of pages and look for the thread "Can you convince my wife that Vistana Villages is better than ****?" by Jasper577. It is about 5 pages long and people who have stayed replied to all his questions about this place. Hope this helps a little. I can't wait to get there either! :D

Sounds extremely nice. Thanks very much for the post!

Hi, I posted this on another thread and will duplicate .... I
presently have 2 rooms booked at ASMO, but after reading
about VV I think I will cancel and book here. I am just
concerned about driving to the parks and the parking
situation. With 3 little kids I don't want to walk miles to
the gate. I've only been once before and stayed on site.
Also, do they have any type of video arcade at VV.

Please help ..... I would love to stay here.

THANKS !!!!
Cheryl

I also had booked 2 rooms at ASMO, but then changed to VV. Here's my opinion on on-site/off-site with little kids. If you will be going only to Disney and staying for up to 4 nights, then 2 rooms on-site would be great. But if your vacation is longer and/or you plan to visit other Orlando attractions, I think you will really appreciate the amenities that come with the 2 bedrm villa (full kitchen, freezer to freeze water bottles and juice boxes, washer/dryer, room to spread out with sofa, table and chairs, VCR, etc.). Yes, there is an arcade at VV, but my kids are young, so we didn't go in. The drive is simple...few lights and light traffic. I recommended VV to a friend and she just got back a few days ago and they were still in awe of the value for the money. It is truly a luxurious suite, a true "home away from home"! You won't go wrong either way (ASMo or VV) so think about what's really important to you this trip. Good luck!

How long was the commute from the resort to the parks? Is it shorter than staying at some of the moderate onsite resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter