Just Back...BC ULTIMATE UPGRADE! Questions!

W

WDW LifeLong Fan

My DW and I just returned from a 5 day trip which was originally scheuduled for YC....but it turned into the BEST upgrade we have ever had.

We had originally scheduled a quick 5 day trip for a LONG awaited get away for just the two of us for our anniversary. Our 2 DD are in High School and with all of their obligations it was impossible to take them out of school! We are going back in July to the OKW for a week in a 2BR with them so don't feel too sorry for them! (After we got our upgrade we did feel bad that the girls were not with us)

Here goes the abbreviated version...

We checked in the YC and they did a wonderful job of giving us our request...right down to the original room we wanted #1061, water view, non smoking, king bed on the ground floor..it was fantastic until we went outside to enjoy the patio. Two doors down they were replacing siding on the building and there was a huge, noisy, fumy, construction lift. We are fortunate that we can go to WDW often and we really enjoy the atmosphere of sitting on our patio/balcony and soaking up the "Disney Feel". There are days we don't go to the parks at all...so the patio/balcony is really important for us.

We called the front desk to ask if there was another similar room. The girl was very professional, polite and understood the situation. She was very helpful, however, there were only two similar rooms available at either the YC or BC.

The Front Desk Manager (I don't know if it is appropriate to list his name on these boards) arrived to show us the options but neither room had a similar view or surroundings. I think he could see the disapointment on my DW's face. He took us to the Lobby and said he would check on similar accomodations at GF.

A few minutes later....he came out and said he "thought" he might have a room that we would like. We were heading for the BC.

He told us that we could have a suite on the 5th floor with complete concerige services. He casually mentioned that this room was the one that Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel had previewed....and that Tom Cruise...Michael Eisner.....and a long list of celebrities use this room when they are in town! Disney Cast Member's refer to it as the "PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!!!!! By now my DW is about to faint and I am in "Disney Shock"! He said since we were pleasant....they love to bend over backwards for these types of guests!

He took us down the hall to a set of Double Doors...It was the "Newport Suite" #5643.

He opened the doors and we just stood there like zombies...I felt my own jaw drop open! I really will not do an adequate job of describing it but here goes...

A huge foyer with a 1/2 bath on the right as you enter. The whole back wall was windows/doors with a direct view of the BW and Swan & Dolphin. There were three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and three huge balconies. Our balconies faced South - BW, West - YC and SAB, East - Epcot. The Master Suite was large enough to play tennis in!

My DW started to cry and she hugged the Front Desk Manager!

We hope to post pictures if we can figure out how in the near future!

Simply put.....we realize that we are fortunate to visit WDW and stay on site as often as we do...but we will NEVER forget this trip!

:D :bounce:

That is such a lovely story...What a magical thing to happen on your anniversary trip. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing with us.:D

You almost made me cry! Just thinking of how wonderful and romantic that must have been! Our kids are still young so getting away means a quick overnight trip to Kennebunkport - but nothing compares to Disney!!!

I LOVE WHEN THE DISNEY MAGIC APPEARS OUT OF NO WHERE!!

That is awesome!!! Your kids will be sooo jealous when they see the pictures. That manager obviously has great customer service skills and believes in the Disney magic!!! Annmarie

What a fantastic upgrade and story!!! We have found that the YC/BC always aims to please!! Just a question though, I thought all the construction with the YC was done, but you said they were replacing siding. Was it only in that area, or were there other areas that were being worked on???
tropical.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

WOW that is so cool congrats!!!!!!

That is the sort of post I like to read:smooth: :D :D :Pinkbounc
I would love to stay at the Beach club now that they have finished the room rehabs.

Cant wait to see your photos !!!!
:Pinkbounc

We got the same privilege last year - 2 nights of our stay was at the Newport Suite. Wasn't it fabulous? It's bigger than some people's homes. Amazing views too. Glad you had a magical anniversary trip.

PamNC
7 days and counting - WL here we come

Oh my gosh.. what a huge surprise for you!

Many people "look for upgrades" or grumble about not getting them.. but wow they really treated you right. Not to mention all the time they took to show you room options - great customer service.

I have a questions about BC Concierge... did you like the lounge and how did you enjoy the breakfst, snacks, and other offerings?

Welcome home

>>^..^<<

Oh my God! That is an incredible upgrade! Very cool!

--Maren :earsgirl:

Now that is truly Disney Magic! I'm so happy for you.

When you register a "complaint" or a "disappointment" with understanding, patience, grace and humor, others will usually be as accommodating and helpful as they can.

A small-scale example: When DH and I tried for the third time last trip to ride Test Track and found it broken again (we have yet to ride in 4 trips), we were in hysterics--this has become an ongoing joke. However, a CM overheard us, saw my loaded pin lanyard, and asked us to wait a second. She came back with the Beauty and the Beast pin that was only available if you pre-ordered the new DVD. Wish I got her name, she was so kind.

I have always found that the Golden Rule works much better than being abusive and nasty.

Can't wait to see your pix!

What an amazing upgrade. I think I would have been crying too. Honey works better than vinegar when complaining.

Cdnmickeylover

WOW!:eek:
That is sooo cool! I have heard of people getting upgrades but that is the best! I am so happy for you.
Congrates on your Ann.
Our 30th is coming up and we are going to YC for it. I will be happy to just be at a deluxe. It will be our first time. The others were PO, CSR and ASMu.

WOW, I am SO happy for you. Hope you had a magical anniversary. I would love to see your pictures.

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks and your genuine happiness for us! THIS is exactly why I love this Board. People are very kind!

To address a few of the questions:

Cindala: As far as we could see...the only repairs we saw were the ones I described two doors down. Nothing major.

Casshew: The lounge was great and the staff were very accomodating. Food selections were always ample, fresh, and on time.

The weird thing is that we never asked or implied that we wanted or expected an upgrade!

Everyone that mentioned that being polite and thankful usually works better....you are so RIGHT.....It ALWAYS seems to be a better path!

Hopefully the pics are on the way...my DW knows more about that than I do...come to think of it...she knows more about EVERYTHING than I do...I married over my head!

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter