Just back and added on

dvcpop

Earning My Ears
Hi, Just returned from 5 days a vwl, very peaceful and quiet, we liked it so much we did a n add on from disney. The crowd was below average and highly recommend MMNSHP if possible. No crowd after 9:00 p.m., was asked if we wanted to go again at splash mountain.
First time in a two bedroom (4512) and it was very nice. Walked the path to Ft. Wilderness every morningsaw lots of wildlife, snakes, armadillo s lizard. all which made my 3 year old happy. Both pools are open. My only regret is that my america pins came while we were there. i did see several people wearing them. If i had known they were dvc i would have welcomed them home.
Any questions feel free.

Todd

Umm...dvcpop, did you say "snakes, armadillos and lizards?":confused:

NOTE TO SELF: Skip that walk to Ft. Wilderness.

Glad you had a great time. We're very excited about staying at VWL for the first time in November.:D

The pins weren't just for DVC members. They were selling the pins down there, but they were very hard to find. They don't have the "DVC" thing on the back though. You can order them through mail order (I did) and it doesn't say anything on the back. I have one from three years ago that is slightly different from the new ones. Mine has the stars down the entire left side. The new ones don't. There were so many requests for the pins that WDW had printed up little papers with the phone # and item number on them. I think two cost $22 with shipping.

oh I agree - I love VWL too, I also have done an add-on there. you have to visit it, to understand its charm.

Hi Tinkerbell,

Just to set the record straight, they are two different pins. I have both, and the DVC one has 13 stripes, the Americana Mickey pin does not.

I know that, at first glance, they look the same, but the DVC pins are member exclusive, while the Americana Mickey pins are "commons." (Before 9/11, they were easily available.)

I knew there were two different pins, but I didn't realize they looked different on the face. I've only seen the Mickey Americana ones which the CM's were wearing a week ago. My friend has the DVC one, but I haven't gotten to see it yet (probably will today).

I thought the poster was speaking of the CM's pins which they are selling (if you can find them) down there. From what I remember, they are different from the one I bought three years ago, but I could be wrong. What does the regular pin look like? I had to tell my DVC friend to look on the back because she didn't know there was anything on it. I told her I learned about it on here ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter