Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

It’s amazing to think a current member could buy 1000 un-restricted points at $95 a point. I just need a few more weeks on these boards to lose all self control and end up with 2400 points.

Anyone wanna take bets on how many multiples of OKW points sold compared to CFW? 4x? 5x?

....I assume we would have heard about it if they were starting to run out of UYs.

Interesting coincidence - my guide called me today and said the higher ups have decided to limit the incentives for current members to $50 a point because they are running out of OKW inventory. Not sure how to confirm that independently but it says something about OKW direct sales under this promotion, even compared to RIV direct sales.

Interesting coincidence - my guide called me today and said the higher ups have decided to limit the incentives for current members to $50 a point because they are running out of OKW inventory. Not sure how to confirm that independently but it says something about OKW direct sales under this promotion, even compared to RIV direct sales.
Wow! Bet you’re glad you got in early!

We are still waffling as well and I just received a call advising that they are now capping OKW purchases at 249 points. He seemed to think that we could still do 300 if we decided to, since we have that quote in writing already, but only until May 20.
I’m not surprised they are having to cap the incentives. People were eating this stuff up. Waiting until the end of the promotion period to see if there would be a better deal was not the move.

Well good new for Disney, they can ROFR some 2042 points and extend them to 2057 for dirt cheap lol
It’s an interesting thought. If they can really move OKW at $125, imagine how much BLT/CCV/AKV/BCV/BWV they could sell at $130-170, if they offered $20 off with MB? Unlike sharks on the ROFR thread, Disney gets a crack at each and every low priced contract, sothey could theoretically flip some of those resorts for 30-50% profit, and it would help stabilize the entire market… I guess the question is how much it would cannibalize sales at RIV/AUL/VDH/CFW and does Disney care?

Anyone wanna take bets on how many multiples of OKW points sold compared to CFW? 4x? 5x?
I took a quick peek at the number of contracts posted and OKW had about 65% more contracts posted in April than CFW. Both properties saw sales pick up after the incentives for sure.

I haven’t done the math for the points yet, ever since they changed the site I don’t see an easy way to scrape the data other than going contract by contract, and to do that, you need to verify you’re not a robot *every 12 contracts*.

I took a quick peek at the number of contracts posted and OKW had about 65% more contracts posted in April than CFW. Both properties saw sales pick up after the incentives for sure.

I haven’t done the math for the points yet, ever since they changed the site I don’t see an easy way to scrape the data other than going contract by contract, and to do that, you need to verify you’re not a robot *every 12 contracts*.
So less than 2x the number of contracts…but potentially could be looking at an average OKW contract size that is more than 2-3x the size of the average CFW contract?

So.... hypothetical question for the group considering the current state of affairs with OKW incentives now reduced as Disney circles the drain on inventory: If you were offered OKW direct with the 2057 deed extension at $95 per point (the lowest pp I've ever seen in the last 20 years), would you do it and how many would you buy if so?

So.... hypothetical question for the group considering the current state of affairs with OKW incentives now reduced as Disney circles the drain on inventory: If you were offered OKW direct with the 2057 deed extension at $95 per point (the lowest pp I've ever seen in the last 20 years), would you do it and how many would you buy if so?
Assuming money is still a factor and I have to stay within my current means lol, if I could get them at $95 I’d go for around 200-250pts. Perfect SAP, occasional GV, not too many points at $9+ dues, plus, we really enjoy OKW, so getting “stuck” there wouldn’t be so bad. I wouldn’t want to go too crazy, I still want a bit of cash in the bank to bulk up some of our other resorts in the future, ie Poly and RIV, depending if 11mo begins to matter.

So less than 2x the number of contracts…but potentially could be looking at an average OKW contract size that is more than 2-3x the size of the average CFW contract?
Okay with the caveat that I did this quickly,

Total April posted contracts:

OKW, 74 contracts, 12205 points, 165 point avg
CFW, 48 contracts, 6852 points, 143 point avg

Among contracts posted Apr 15 or later,

OKW, 62 contracts, 10955 points, 177 point avg
CFW, 23 contracts, 3540 points, 154 point avg

So for the month, 78% more points to OKW, for the last 2 weeks, 209% more points to OKW.

😬

Last edited:

So for the month, 78% more points to OKW, for the last 2 weeks, 209% more points to OKW.

😬
Are the “April 15 or later” contracts a subset of the first set of contract pairs?

😬
Nearly 2.5x the amount of points…That’s gotta make DVD question some things. Maybe a fire sale for CFW next season? 😳

I talked to my guide last week..he called to be sure I knew and said they didn’t have that many points for OKW to begin with and why the promo could end at any time

While I didn’t ask specifics, my guess is it wasn’t a ton to start with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter