June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

I had kind of an emotional breakdown yesterday... not sure exactly what the trigger was so probably a combination of things. I am thankful that I recognized what it was and thankful no one was around to bear the brunt of it.

Also thankful it is going to cool off a little bit today, getting back to the 70's.

Thankful to be getting a new porch, altho I really, really, really want to go out the front door. He is putting the weather proofing on the joists, so hopefully decking will start to back on today. Not sure how long it will take to do the stairs.

I had kind of an emotional breakdown yesterday... not sure exactly what the trigger was so probably a combination of things. I am thankful that I recognized what it was and thankful no one was around to bear the brunt of it.

Also thankful it is going to cool off a little bit today, getting back to the 70's.

Thankful to be getting a new porch, altho I really, really, really want to go out the front door. He is putting the weather proofing on the joists, so hopefully decking will start to back on today. Not sure how long it will take to do the stairs.
:hug:

I’m also thankful the school year is coming to a close. We are moving back to our original classroom with hopes of a more normal school year next year.

I’m thankful I am able to go to Disney with my son tomorrow!

I am thankful for my supportive coworkers who were almost equally excited that I am going to Disney tomorrow!

I am thankful to have the same sub covering my class for the 4 school days that I will be missing.

I’m also thankful the school year is coming to a close. We are moving back to our original classroom with hopes of a more normal school year next year.

I’m thankful I am able to go to Disney with my son tomorrow!

I am thankful for my supportive coworkers who were almost equally excited that I am going to Disney tomorrow!

I am thankful to have the same sub covering my class for the 4 school days that I will be missing.
Have a blast!!!

Catching up, as I fell behind in looking up the June thread.

I'm Nicole, 50, in Massachusetts, also counting days until the end of the school year...but in a more bittersweet way. I've been homeschooling my "niece" and "nephew" this year, so not nearly as stressful as being in a classroom through all of this, and while the lazy mornings will be nice, I'll miss seeing them every day.

Same goals as last month - keep up with exercise, keep trying new recipes, and drink enough water, with the added goal for June of coming up with a "summer routine" to replace my current one.

What does the sweet life look like to you? How can you use that vision/inspiration in your journey to healthy living? What good life activities do you have planned for this summer?

The sweet life to me is calm. Simple pleasures make me happy, and I'm not fond of the unexpected. Plans this summer include a much-anticipated trip "home" to visit family in upstate NY!

@Oneanne, the balloon ride sounds amazing!

@MickeyMom76, have so much fun!!!!

@piglet1979, I hope your DD is feeling better soon!!

I didn't like all of the jumping around of prequels and sequels

:chewy: Star Wars joke of the day:

Why didn't the movies come out in order?

Because in charge of scheduling Yoda was.

What is an unexpected fun thing that happened, and a planned fun thing that happened during the week?

I actually have two tied together:

The planned fun event was an outdoor math class I set up for the kids. I chalked a bunch of numbers in random places around the driveway, then called out problems and they had to run and jump on the answer. They really got into it, and it was fun to watch them enjoying "schoolwork" so much.

The unexpected event flowed from that, as their dog was jealous and gave us pathetic faces at the window, so I went in and got him and we took him for an extra walk around the block. We met a new neighbor puppy, who was soooooo cute and fluffy!

I actually have two tied together:

The planned fun event was an outdoor math class I set up for the kids. I chalked a bunch of numbers in random places around the driveway, then called out problems and they had to run and jump on the answer. They really got into it, and it was fun to watch them enjoying "schoolwork" so much.

The unexpected event flowed from that, as their dog was jealous and gave us pathetic faces at the window, so I went in and got him and we took him for an extra walk around the block. We met a new neighbor puppy, who was soooooo cute and fluffy!
That is exactly how young children learn best. I can promise you that this math lesson will stand out in their memories. TEACHER: GREAT JOB!

The unexpected “fun” (kind, exciting, happy) thing that happened was that support staff offered to start helping move classrooms yesterday (originally we were told that people wouldn’t start moving classrooms until the last week of school, which made me nervous because I have to wait for someone to move out of my room before I can move in). So my new classroom closet was emptied yesterday! I’m excited at the idea of coming back from Disney and being able to start moving into my new classroom before summer!
579750The planned fun thing was I got this shirt and put it on as soon as the kids left school yesterday. I was surprised at how many coworkers were commenting on it and appreciating it and genuinely excited for me! I basically wore it because it made ME HAPPY. And I knew there’s be one or two teachers who would appreciate it because they are also Disney fans. But I wasn’t expecting so many!!!

Unexpected... it didn't exactly happen this week, but we thought of it this week so I'll claim it. I was talking to the co-worker I'll be traveling to Iowa with and we started reminiscing about another co-worker who worked at that facility,but took early retirement last spring. We came up with the brilliant idea to contact her to meet us for dinner one of the nights. Really looking forward to it.

Expected... after work today I'll do my weekly walk in Lincoln Park. I think. There's a film crew filming there, filling up the upper lot with trucks and equipment, hopefully they'll be wrapped up by this afternoon.

Week in recap... still struggling with stress and food choices, also had swollen ankles and sore feet most of the week. I had acupuncture yesterday and she gave me some porridge like stuff to try for the swelling/soreness. It was a weird week, with Tuesday being the start of the work week it seems like today should feel like Thursday but when I got up this morning I was pretty sure it was Saturday. It's been like that all week. Bigs plan for the weekend... clean out the car, since I'll be valet parking at the airport Monday. My new deck table came, hopefully they'll be putting the decking back on today so I can set it up. I'm pretty sure the steps are not going to be done today, but being able to at least sit out on the porch would be nice.

Last edited:
I am thankful that DD's coughing does not seem to be something major with her lungs. We so the Pulmonologist yesterday. He doesn't think she has asthma but could be a possibility. The test could be off from all the meds she was on but from the answers to his questions he doesn't think it fits. He thinks she is allergic to something at the barn. She is having blood work done tonight to test for horse dander, hamster dander (she has 2 so just checking) and molds specific to hay and barns. There is also rare chance she could have famers lung. Basically a rare allergy to stuff at a barn/farm. So we are slowly getting some answers.

Unexpected -- We invited DH's grandmother to come with up to the rib cook off in town full expecting her to say no. To our surprise she said yes. We had a great time.

Nothing for expected.

I haven't worked out yet this month as I picked up a cold. DD was really congested Monday and Tuesday. This could be part of her issue too. While she was having her coughing fits I sat right in front of her to help keep her calm and to help try to slow things down. Neither helped but I picked up her cold. We know it is not COVID as she was tested in the ER and it was negative. I feel fine but my rose is runny and stuffed up and I am coughing from the drainage. So I am just taking it easy.

Just popping in mid school day to tell you all something cute.

This morning while the kids were eating breakfast, it got noisy. One of my students said, “I will talk to each of you one at a time if you wait your turn and raise your hand.” Then they followed his directions!!!

I love it when I find out that they actually are listening to me.

The unexpected “fun” (kind, exciting, happy) thing that happened was that support staff offered to start helping move classrooms yesterday (originally we were told that people wouldn’t start moving classrooms until the last week of school, which made me nervous because I have to wait for someone to move out of my room before I can move in). So my new classroom closet was emptied yesterday! I’m excited at the idea of coming back from Disney and being able to start moving into my new classroom before summer!
View attachment 579750The planned fun thing was I got this shirt and put it on as soon as the kids left school yesterday. I was surprised at how many coworkers were commenting on it and appreciating it and genuinely excited for me! I basically wore it because it made ME HAPPY. And I knew there’s be one or two teachers who would appreciate it because they are also Disney fans. But I wasn’t expecting so many!!!
It’s gratifying to know that you have a supportive faculty.
Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter