June, CSR, GAD, and GLAD about it!

Hi there!! :wave: I saw your report at the top and just had to stop in and read!

I have a few more posts to catch up on, but I'm in! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Your ADR's look great! We are eating at some of the same places: Ohana & LeCellier, but not on the same days as you. We have eaten at LeCellier before and love it...we are steak lovers as well! This will be our first time at Ohana and I am very excited about it! We ate at Mama Melrose a few years ago and enjoyed our meal there. I, too, have heard lots of good things about Boma and I would also like to try Chefs de France in the future.

Your ADR's look great! We are eating at some of the same places: Ohana & LeCellier, but not on the same days as you. We have eaten at LeCellier before and love it...we are steak lovers as well! This will be our first time at Ohana and I am very excited about it! We ate at Mama Melrose a few years ago and enjoyed our meal there. I, too, have heard lots of good things about Boma and I would also like to try Chefs de France in the future.

Thank you for your input. I always second guess my choices, but have never had a bad meal at WDW. Can't wait!

I can't believe I didn't realize your PTR is up. I must've been too busy shoveling snow. LOL...

I'll be following along. :surfweb:

Mmmmm... O'hana dinner and breakfast with Stitch.:love:

I can't believe I didn't realize your PTR is up. I must've been too busy shoveling snow. LOL...

I'll be following along. :surfweb:

No worries welcome!! I haven't gotten too far. We have been making a blanket tonight, so I will do a proper update tomorrow morning. I need to upload some new photos.

I think the snow might be over for awhile. (hoping until next winter!) It has been gorgeous lately.:cloud9:

So, The ADRs were made, now what?:confused3

I started to see commercials for GAD. I love the Muppets, so every time it came on TV, I'd stop and watch. We already had a package with tickets and had used a PIN that I received via e-mail. (First one ever!:cool1:)

I did a little research, here on the boards of course. I just don't understand how to do the free day. You have to not have tickets, then go and use your day, and then upgrade??? I don't get any of it. If you want to try to explain it to me, that would be fine.

However, then I heard about the FP. With 4 vouchers we can get FP for each of us over 4 days. WHY, that is one for each park for each of our 4 full days!!! Now I was excited!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

I registered on-line and then on Jan 1, the e-mail came that it was now time to sign-up. We checked out our area and at first there was nothing under an hour away. NO:sad2:. I kept checking back. DH and I had decided that we would volunteer as a family, and it had to be something that the girls could get something out of. I checked back later in Jan and found an event closer to home. It had to do with cleaning up at soccer fields. Then I read that your child has to be a registered player. I don't get this!!

Finally, I checked again and there was the Binky Patrol just 17 miles away!! YES!!! We could make the blankets at home and deliver them. My family agreed. I signed up, got confirmation, and completed the on-line process. I'm still afraid that I did that wrong. It seemed a little confusing. :confused3

Last week, I called the nice lady in charge. She told me that she needed blankets for teen girls. This got my girls into it because they got to pick out all of the material. So, off to Walmart to buy the fleece. They didn't have the greatest selection, but we did OK.

We have made 2 so far. Here are pics of DD 14 working on one.

Blankets11.jpg
[/IMG]

Blankets24.jpg
[/IMG]

We deliver them in 2 weeks. The girls also found out that they can use these service hours at school. :cool1: A double bonus.!!

I think Disney did a great thing here. My friend and her family are going about 40 minutes away to help organize a used book sale for the hospital. Great idea!!

UP next! The Survey

This isnt GAD related, well it kind of is I guess. We are patients at our local Childrens hospital. My son has had 1 skull reconstruction, several CTs and a Bolt implantation for pressure check so far with another complete skull reconstruction waiting to be scheduled. MOST childrens hospitals have programs where other children 18 and under make pillow buddies for the smaller patients in the ICU. If you girls enjoy this GAD then they may want to look into doing similar things at local hospitals. My son has gotten pillow buddies each time he has been admitted into the ICU and at 3 years old now he loves them. The child who makes them gets to sign or initial them to make it more personal. We write the date and the procedure down on the toosh of each buddy so AJ knows which time he got each one. I know that the hospital we use locally has children make them in their free time as well as some of the schools use these as projects for the children to do. Again, if this is something that your girls have fun doing this is just a way to keep doing it again and again!

This isnt GAD related, well it kind of is I guess. We are patients at our local Childrens hospital. My son has had 1 skull reconstruction, several CTs and a Bolt implantation for pressure check so far with another complete skull reconstruction waiting to be scheduled. MOST childrens hospitals have programs where other children 18 and under make pillow buddies for the smaller patients in the ICU. If you girls enjoy this GAD then they may want to look into doing similar things at local hospitals. My son has gotten pillow buddies each time he has been admitted into the ICU and at 3 years old now he loves them. The child who makes them gets to sign or initial them to make it more personal. We write the date and the procedure down on the toosh of each buddy so AJ knows which time he got each one. I know that the hospital we use locally has children make them in their free time as well as some of the schools use these as projects for the children to do. Again, if this is something that your girls have fun doing this is just a way to keep doing it again and again!

Great idea. Could I get the directions on-line?? I am also a 6th grade teacher. Maybe my students could make these as well? If you would like to PM me more information, I could look into it.

I hope your son is doing well.

Thanks for reading my PTR!!

Jeff and I are planning on making our blankets today. I hope you're right and it's fairly simple...I am NO seamstress!

Double Digit Dance!!!:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

OK if someone knows please help.

I have signed up and have been verified to volunteer. My date is next Sat. March 20th. I will still get my vouchers right???

I will be so sad if I can't get these vouchers for FP. I will still finish and deliver the blankets no matter what.

I've read through several of the threads on the GAD board and it appears that if you are signed up and scheduled to volunteer, you WILL get your vouchers. I'm having the same concerns...sent out my blankets yesterday and hoping I get that voucher soon so I can stop worrying! I'll let you know! :goodvibes

I've read through several of the threads on the GAD board and it appears that if you are signed up and scheduled to volunteer, you WILL get your vouchers. I'm having the same concerns...sent out my blankets yesterday and hoping I get that voucher soon so I can stop worrying! I'll let you know! :goodvibes

Thank you! I won't stop worrying until those vouchers are in my hand!!

I'm joining in! Can't wait to read more!!!

Thank you and :welcome:

Today we are finishing our last blanket. I will try to remember to post a picture of the last one.

Now, the surveys!

Each year I create a survey for the family. I have one for each park. There is a list of all of the attractions and 3 choices for each one.
1. Must Do (These are limited to 5 or 7 depending on the park)
2. Only if there is time
3. No, thanks

Each family member gets their own survey. They answer honestly.:laughing:

Here's how I do the plan. If any one person marks an attraction as a "Must DO," then we all must do it. (This is why I have to go on STITCH each year:scared1:)

If 3 or more people mark it as "Only if there is time" it gets put in the touring plans.

Normally we don't complete the surveys until April or so, but with all of the snow days this winter, my 14 year old begged to complete them sooner. Now she is after me to see the touring plans. I am nowhere near starting those.

The results in the next post.

Comments are greatly appreciated!!

MK:
Must DO:
Tiki Room
POC
BTMRR
The Hall of Presidents
HM
Mickey's Philharmagic
Buzz Lightyear
Monster's Inc.
Space MTN (Can't wait! This was closed last year!!)
Stitch :eek:
COP
Wishes (Which will be different because of the change in fireworks this summer)

If there is time:
WDW railroad
Jungle Cruise
Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Belle Riverboat (I've never been on this)
Cinderella's Carousel
IASW
Tea cups
Winnie the Pooh
PPF
Snow White
Astro-Orbiter (I've never been on this)
TTA
Night time parade (I'm not a big fan of waiting in a large crowd)

No Thanks:
Swiss Family Treehouse
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash Mountain (We just don't like to get wet)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Afternoon Parade

Due to the GAD FP that we will have, I see us doing all of the "Must Dos" and "Only if there is time" in the day and a half we will be in MK.

Any Thoughts??

The survey is a great idea! We do kind of the same thing which is why I get stuck in that Tiki Room every year! :rolleyes:

Your lists look good. Those GAD fastpasses should make it very do-able.

I've never been on Astro Orbiter either....Jeff and Jonah went on last year, but I'm not taking any chances with spinning rides!

I really like the Liberty Belle boat ride...it's a nice change of pace and a great time to rest and enjoy the breeze!

I'm so excited to ride Space Mountain as well...it was closed for us last year too! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter