June 27 3-Day Wonder. #4. Nassau Day

pjkds

Earning My Ears
The next day was in Nassau; we docked near the Fantasy and the Sovereign. Since most people got off to explore the port, the ship was very peaceful during the day. Three of us didn?t even leave the ship. My husband went ashore to walk 6 blocks along the dock area, until he ran out of shops, just to be able to say he?d been to Nassau. We had plenty of time to enjoy the decks or experiment with the Internet Café ($40 for unlimited use for the 3 days). There was another very very loud, very exuberant sailaway party. Lots of enthusiasm in the deck parties on this ship!

Disney has a unique system of 3 restaurants (not counting the adult-only, reservation-only special one called Palo, which we did not use). Everyone eats in each restaurant in turn. You and your tablemates eat in a certain restaurant the first night. On the second night, you and your same tablemates move--with your same servers--to the next restaurant. And so on. We were seated with another family of four (2 women, and the teen-aged daughters of one of them--aged 18 and 12). The other family was celebrating the graduation of the 18-year-old; we were celebrating my daughter?s birthday (on Nassau Day). Both girls were brought special cakes and were serenaded by several servers.

We thoroughly enjoyed the fun of seeing all 3 restaurants: Triton?s under-the-sea motif, Animator?s Palate with Disney drawings on the walls (which gradually turned from black and white to colors), and Parrot Cay with bird songs and vivid Caribbean décor. Dinner in Animator?s Palate was a lot of fun but not very restful. We spent the entire meal searching the walls and ceiling lights, making sure we didn?t miss anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter