June 2023 Car Rental

It’s through Priceline so I can’t modify. I’m a great site “stalker” so I’m sure I will find another great rate eventually. :)

If Priceline gave you a Hertz confirmation number, you can use it to find your reservation on the Hertz site.

And now we’re down to $468 on the midsized SUV through Hertz. It’s definitely worth it to use Autoslash price checker.

If Priceline gave you a Hertz confirmation number, you can use it to find your reservation on Hertz
Thanks for the tip. I did locate my reservation on the Hertz site but I am unable to edit or modify since it was booked through a 3rd party. I’ll keep checking for better rates.

Autoslash’s price checker reduced our midsized SUV down to $453 through Hertz. I usually rent through Costco for the best deals, but the best they can come up with is in the low $600‘s so far.

Thanks for the tip. I did locate my reservation on the Hertz site but I am unable to edit or modify since it was booked through a 3rd party. I’ll keep checking for better rates.
If you entered your Gold Plus number on Priceline you should be able to modify it, the price may change but the rate should be the same. The other question is how much different is the drop off time going to be and is it still the same number of days? For instance if you're picking up the car at 3pm on arrival day and were planning to drop it at 10am on departure day, if you drop it anytime before 3pm it would be the same number of days and the price wouldn't change. If you're picking up at 10 am and were planning to drop at 10am, any later time is going to be charged for. Usually hourly for the first three hours, then daily. At whatever rate is in the rental agreement.

If you entered your Gold Plus number on Priceline you should be able to modify it, the price may change but the rate should be the same. The other question is how much different is the drop off time going to be and is it still the same number of days? For instance if you're picking up the car at 3pm on arrival day and were planning to drop it at 10am on departure day, if you drop it anytime before 3pm it would be the same number of days and the price wouldn't change. If you're picking up at 10 am and were planning to drop at 10am, any later time is going to be charged for. Usually hourly for the first three hours, then daily. At whatever rate is in the rental agreement.
I did enter my Gold number. Unfortunately, I already cancelled the old reservation. We are now leaving the next day because our cancelled flight was a nonstop at 10pm. The change added about $50 to our rental but the previous rental was an SUV and the new one is only an economy class. I’ll keep checking for lower rates. It’s a 10 day rental and right now it’s at $370 so it’s not a terrible rate.

Just updated my rental from a mid-size SUV to a Standard SUV. 11 days through Hertz for $419. The mid-size through autoslash seems to be going higher but the satndards are dropping a bit.

Our midsize SUV rate dropped another $6, down to $447 for 10 days, from Hertz via Autoslash/Priceline. It’s well under where I originally started ($1,000+), and into the range I was hoping to get. Now, I’m thinking the rate might go under $400.

I usually rent through Alamo so I can skip the line and go right to a car. What's it like renting with Hertz? I have a res through Costco but may consider Hertz to save a few hundred bucks.
Kim

I usually rent through Alamo so I can skip the line and go right to a car. What's it like renting with Hertz? I have a res through Costco but may consider Hertz to save a few I usually rent through Alamo so I can skip the line and go right to a car.
If you join their rewards program, you can go straight to the garage but you will need to stop in at the kiosk the first time. They have to check your ID and cc. Any time after that, they should have your name on the board with a car/space number you can go directly to without stopping at kiosk.

If you join their rewards program, you can go straight to the garage but you will need to stop in at the kiosk the first time. They have to check your ID and cc. Any time after that, they should have your name on the board with a car/space number you can go directly to without stopping at kiosk.
Thank you!

Autoslash came through again with a $429 rate, almost a $18 savings for our midsized SUV. However, it’s through Fox and we don’t want to deal with an offsite rental company. Here’s hoping the next lower rate is for an onsite rental company.

Autoslash came through again with a $429 rate, almost a $18 savings for our midsized SUV. However, it’s through Fox and we don’t want to deal with an offsite rental company. Here’s hoping the next lower rate is for an onsite rental company.
Hertz rates were slightly lower today if you want to check again. I will not make reservations at the off site locations either. The savings is not worth it to me.

A couple of weeks ago, Autoslash found a standard SUV from Hertz for $453. I went ahead and grabbed it, keeping our midsize SUV for a bit. Well, I decided to drop the midsize since the standard was only $6 more. Lately, rates have gone up so $453 may be it. Costco rates have dropped recently, but are still over $100 more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter