June 2007 Rate/Code Watch

For those of you who are discouraged as I was with the limited availability of AP rates, you might be interested to know that the Swan/Dolphin has AP rates in June for $189.50 plus tax. I believe this rate is only available in the Swan (2 Queen beds room) and the Dolphin (2 Double beds room); no Kings.

Their AP rate is the same as their AAA rate, but you also get a one-category upgrade and a guaranteed late-checkout of 2 PM. There is a resort tax included, so there are some downsides.

You can't participate in the Disney Dining Package at the Swan/Dolphin, but you do get to take advantage of Theme Park transportation (boats to Epcot and MGM, buses to the others), as well as Extra Magic Hours.

This rate is still nearly $100 cheaper/night than the other Epcot AP resort rates at BC, YC and BWI.

Just thought some of you might not know about the upgrade and late check-out. I know I didn't until other Dis'ers told me. Maybe it will help someone else.

The first CM I spoke to told me I could not do that and I would have to try another resort if I wanted to add the package but I refused to give up my room only reservation and just told her that I would pay for my meals. Then I called back and the CM got her manager to see if it was possible to be able to keep my room at the WL and add the dining/tickets and they said yes. I spent a lot of time on hold and they did have to cancel my room only reservation and give me a new reservation and charge my credit card the entire balance because I am 45 days within my vacation. As long as I was staying at the WL and I would not lose my standard room I didn't care how they did it. :)

Ok, yeah, that was what they did for me as well. I didn't want to switch resorts I just wanted to add on dining and tickets to my room ressie. Apparently when you book packages it moves to another system which only does packages. The room only reservation system is separate so they have to cancel the room only and then rebook the room, dining and tix together on the new system. Seems like too much work for a very simple request but oh well. That's corporations for you.:rolleyes:

It seems to me the last year we had a room only was in 2004-2005. I don't think there has been one since. I was hoping!:goodvibes

I'm giving up! I went ahead and paid off my balance about 4 days ago. The nice cro gal told me that there were maybe 10 rooms left throughout the entire property. All that's left was 1 studio at Saratoga Springs, 1 jr. suite at Coronado, and a handful of rooms at All Star Music. Not really for sure if that's all correct, but oh well!

I'm giving up! I went ahead and paid off my balance about 4 days ago. The nice cro gal told me that there were maybe 10 rooms left throughout the entire property. All that's left was 1 studio at Saratoga Springs, 1 jr. suite at Coronado, and a handful of rooms at All Star Music. Not really for sure if that's all correct, but oh well!

I find that hard to believe.:confused3
But....for what dates? And it might be the days that you are going....kind of over-lap in such a way that maybe for the entire stay there isn't anything available.:confused3
We ended up grabbing Saratoga when the APs came out. So we will upgrade one of our 9 day hoppers to an AP. So for an additionaly $300 (including the extra cost of the AP) we will be at SSR instead of CSR...
We are so EXCITED!! :cheer2: :dance3:
I figure we will save at least $100 by having the frig and microwave in the room.... we will do quite a few quick meals in the room. :thumbsup2

I just checked on-line. All but the Poly have plenty of different levels of rooms available during my July stay.

Sorry, she told me the month of June. We are going June 19th-27th. I've been trying online and all that pulls up is All Star Music and Saratoga. I guess she was right, especially for my dates.

Sorry, she told me the month of June. We are going June 19th-27th. I've been trying online and all that pulls up is All Star Music and Saratoga. I guess she was right, especially for my dates.

I just booked my Mom for 2 nights in a studio @ SSR last night with my AP. You can try day by day to see which is not available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter