Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

This is exactly the kind of motivation I need.

I have had a lot of emotional upheaval thanks to my sister's disaster of a life. Even though I have detached, she's still at it, destroying her life and the lives around her making it impossible to ignore her altogether. She has triggered me once again multiple times in the past month, and it has affected my emotional health, my self-care, and my eating/exercising.

I would like to put this behind me, not be upset how this has affected the scale, be grateful for progress made since January, and move on. Today's eating has been on point.

Thanks for the wisdom PollyannaMom.

We had several pets growing up. We had several dogs over the years, a cat, an iguana, fish, birds, hamsters, gerbils, rabbits and guinea pig. I am not sure I was ever close to any of them. My grandparents also lived on a farm so we have had goats, horses and a pig as well there.

Piper is here and doing good. She is one lazy stubborn dog. She is very sweet. but if she doesn't want to go outside or for a walk she will not move and there is no convincing her to. This is making house training very interesting. She doesn't seem to like the grass but is getting better with it. DD and piper were p at about 5 and DD got me up at 6:30 to help take Piper for a walk. We are all a bit tired. Piper has settled in and will finally has been sitting/laying down. Last night and most of this morning she has been walking around and didn't stop moving. So far overall it has been going good. I will post a picture tomorrow when I am on my work computer. It is easier with my work computer then my chrome book.

Since I know there are a lot of parents/teachers/retired educators/people who deal with computers I need input! DS7 has all but destroyed 3 backpacks this year. He does frequently have to bring his chromebook back and forth to school. Please help me prep for next school year by recommending a backpack brand that will hold up to a clumsy kiddo but wont cost me a small fortune.

The most durable backpacks I have come across are from LL Bean. This is definitely a case of “you get what you pay for,” but I don’t think that their prices are unreasonable given the high quality. It’s more economical to buy one well-made backpack than 3 or 4 less expensive ones.

I feel the same way about headphones for their devices. My students go through multiple sets of headphones during the school year. Parents start with uncomfortable ear buds which drive the kids nuts. Then they move onto cheap over the ear ones. Start out with a good over the ear pair, and they will last the entire year.

Happy Monday Everyone!!

Happy to start another week! My 4 day weekend has FLOWN by!! I cannot believe today is my last day!

We have had beautiful weather all 4 days and I am so so thankful!! I will say Saturday was downright chilly-I had to dig out a turtleneck sweater for the afternoon graduation party after FREEZING in long sleeves and jeans at the Father’s Day brunch! Went to a church carnival Saturday evening and it was starting to warm up a bit.

Yesterday was for my husband and he picked Mexican for dinner so I picked that up and it was delicious!

I walked dogs this morning at the spca which was lovely. The dogs are enjoying this warm, not too humid, weather. DD, her friend and I spent the afternoon at the lake. They got in but it was far too chilly for me!

My eating was terrible Saturday…2 parties, both with delicious unique foods I rarely eat and a carnival….ugh. Absolutely awful. But yesterday and today I was back on track and I did stick to exercising so that’s one good thing!

Ohhhhh good topic @PollyannaMom

I agree with you-picnics and parties, vacation and ice cream!!!

I DONT keep ice cream in the house but we have a local homemade ice cream place 4 mins from us that has absolutely delicious ice cream and sometimes it’s allllllll I think about for days!!! DD and I went last week and the special flavor was chocolate peanut butter brownie…it was as good as it sounds!!!

It’s easier in the summer because I can usually always walk and fresh fruit being in season helps with the sweet tooth!!

The longer summer days give the opportunity to spend more time outside being active. And being more active in the sunshine fosters better mental health. And seasonal local fruits are super yummy and good for you.

Thank goodness today, the longest day of the year, we have sunshine starting right at sunrise! And the temperature is to get up to the low 70's. Halleluiah! The only thing that could make the day better is if the auto-shop calls and says come pick up your car. If not, I'll be spending the evening working in the yard, and for once getting the garden ready for a few new plants before I actually go to the nursey to get them.

Since I know there are a lot of parents/teachers/retired educators/people who deal with computers I need input! DS7 has all but destroyed 3 backpacks this year. He does frequently have to bring his chromebook back and forth to school. Please help me prep for next school year by recommending a backpack brand that will hold up to a clumsy kiddo but wont cost me a small fortune.

https://www.amazon.com/Embark-Elite-Jartop-Backpack-Hunter/dp/B08CD29W9M/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=embark+jartop+backpack&qid=1655830653&sprefix=Embark+Jar%2Caps%2C107&sr=8-3

I got this backpack for DS when he went back to school April of 21. I had the same one and really liked it. They are big. Might be too big for your 7 year old. I was fine with it and I am 4'9" for comparison. If I was any smaller it may be too big. DS does not take care of anything. I found out last fall that he was throwing his book bag over a tall fence and then climbing the fence at soccer instead of walking a bit more to go around. We never had an issue with his computer. Thankfully. I was not a happy camper though when I found out. This is big enough to hold his Chrome book and all of his school books. They don't have lockers so they have to carry everything all day. It would also hold his lunch. It is still in good condition and will use it next year as well.

My sons is red and I think mine was Pink (DD has it now)

This is DD with Piper. This was before we left the place that we got her. She is still doing really good and I think she is getting a hang of going potty outside. We did an obedience class last night and she did great. They showed us how to train her to sit and to walk on the leash. She is good on the leash for the most back. It is just getting her to walk on the left side. Right now she likes to trip us. We still have not heard her voice which I am ok with. DD has been exhausted at the end of the day with all the outside walking and around the house she has been doing. We follow Piper where ever she goes in the house just to keep an eye on her right now. We don't have a fenced in yard so DD takes her out on the leash and walks around the outside of the house or around the block for Piper to go potty. DD has been sleeping good the last few nights.

Piper.jpg

Challenges: My need for toasted marshmallows and S'mores; picnics; vacations; eating in restaurants more often.

Easyness: Walking on my treadmill daily in the A/C; swimming in my pool; walks on the beach...especially when we go to Cape Cod; better choices of fresh fruits & vegetables...plums, watermelon, corn on the cob; wearing a bathing suit makes me more body conscious; sunshine makes me HAPPY:sunny:.

I'm still celebrating the Solstice miracle that yesterday turned out to be. I didn't do any yard work in the evening, I just sat out on the front porch and knit until 8pm and it was wonderful. This morning it is back to overcast and drippy but after that it looks like we'll have a good run of about 5 days of sun.

I'm going to call the auto-shop today and check in on the car, fingers crossed they've had a chance to fit it in, and hopefully I'll be woohooing having the car back by the end of the day. I am starting to get a little stir crazy and with the nice weather coming I would really like to go somewhere over the weekend.

Last edited:
Woohoo that Piper is doing good. We have been working with her to sit but she would only do it for me. DD just texted me that she got her to sit twice. Piper is also kind of telling us she needs to go out. It is very subtle but she will go to one of the does. Only for a second though then she starts to sniff around. She she is getting better at being house trained. She does not like to go in her crate at night or when we leave but she is ok once she is in it. DD also got Piper to just sit in front of her while DD ate. Piper would jump all over you to get the food so siting in front of you is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter