July or August ??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
What is the weather like during July and August?? If you had to chose which month would you visit?? Is it very hot? How is the rain?? How bad are the crowds and wait times???I've never been to Calif so I don't know what to expect. Thanks.

Rain during the summer is very rare in the DL area. But it is hot. It's also been more humid than normal (for us) the last few weeks. Normal humidity would be under 20%, but it's been over that lately. The heat has been on for sure (a lot hotter already this summer than it was this time last summer). I'm guessing it's been low-mid 90s as a high in the last week (it's been over 100 in my area and DL is usually 10 degrees cooler). Normally, July is a bit cooler than August, with the first part of the month cooler than the latter part. August is our hottest month, July second hottest and September is actually third usually. Oth the 4th at DL I didn't even need to put my light jacket on in the evening and usually I do. On the 1st, though I did need it.

Hot, hot and more hot!! We usually go in June for this reason, it's warm but not too warm. But I just had to see the new Pirate ride, so here we are going in July! I don't always do well in the heat either. I need to remember to keep drinking water to stay hydrated!

I'm from the desert of California so its always nicer at DL LOL. But yes, hot, hot, hot. The best part of DL is most of the rides are so cool... I love that :D.

:sunny: Expect HOT as others have said. Also, when we say that rain is very rare in the summer here - it really is. Most likely, it will not rain at all. No rain, low (compared to NY) humidiy, no thunder & lightening storms, etc. Expect a dry heat (HOT) in the day with a cooling at night. And lots and lots of :sunny: We usually have blue skys and :sunny: not usually overcast.

I would guess that the later in Aug you get, the less the crowds and wait times will be as our kids start going back to school. If you get to choose ANY time in July/Aug the very last week of Aug or even the First week of Sept (avoid Labor Day) would probably be the least crowded. :confused3 Of course we recently tried the "go when the kids are in school" theory and went mid-week in Feb and we encountered the serious Stroller Brigade! :lmao: If you avoid the little kid stuff until late, or during nap time, it worked out great though! That is unless you have little ones too, then I would have no idea when the best time would be, crowd wise :confused3

Enjoy!

Last August was hot and I expect it to be hotter this year. I am currently in Iraq and it gets well over 120 day after day and not much cooler at night, so DLR will be a wonderful break.

Jack pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter