July 6 Cruise (Western)-Opinions

trishy

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
I wont do a trip report since llachance did such an excellent one, mine would just be redundant (and not nearly as good). I just wanted to add an opinion about the Disney Cruise Line that maybe some passengers didn't notice. DCL had the best spot when docking at Key West. "Our" dock had the shortest walk to the pier and activities (Mallory square, boat excursions) - the Carnival ship that was there at the same time had an incredibly long walk to get to these places. Another thing we noticed was the professionalism of the CMs. Everyone was dressed in their official uniforms, greeting and assisting guests, and helping make security check in/out easy for everyone. Other lines had nowhere near this type of service. At Cozumel, Celebrity had one person in regular clothes at the bottom of the gangway and didn't appear to be happy to be there (we watched from our verandah). All of DCL's people were friendly and professional. Also, DCL provided "easy ups" at the docks which were sooooo nice when waiting for a tender, waiting in line to pass through security - it was really hot and this was so appreciated. I just felt a little proud to be on the Magic :D . Just a few things we noticed that other ships did not offer to their passengers. I'd be curious to get other people's input about whether or not they noticed this

Glad you added those things because we noticed them too! In fact my daughter still comments. One of her favorite comments is when we docked in Cozumel and the ships horn sounded.....made mention of the fact that hopefully everyone on the other ships were awake:)

I think all in all, when you look at the price, the little things that Disney does to make the cruise one up shows.....for those of you who don't remember - tenders available in Grand Cayman all day with shaded areas to stand in. The Celebrity cruise line was using its lifeboats and the line was long and in the sun...

The "Welcome Home" sign - I truly felt that I was and Christmas at sea is something to look forward to!

Lisa and Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter