July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find any bloggers or threads on the current cruise:confused3

JUST FOUND THIS FORUM, WE BOOKED UP 2 WEEKS AGO FOR THE CRUISE:woohoo: , THERE ARE 7 OF US TRAVELLING, MY WIFE ALLISON, DAUGHTER EMILY 9:cheer2: AND SON ZAK 6pirate: , MY FATHER AND HIS WIFE AND THEIR GRANDAUGTHER CHLOE 12:cheer2: . OH AND ME I'M IAN BY THE WAY!! WE ALL LIVE NEAR BEVERLEY IN EAST YORKSHIRE,UK

WE TRAVEL TO BARCELONA ON THE 26TH JULY FORM HETHROW.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN BUSY WRITING HUNDREDS OF PAGES ON THIS FORUM, NOT HAD CHANCE TO READ THEM ALL, IS THERE ANYTHING IMPORTANT WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUISE?

:dance3: :dance3: :welcome: :dance3: :dance3:

I will post this a few times for those who missed the original posts:

Children's gift bags
..... If you would like your child to participate in the kid gift bag exchange, please send me a PM as well post here if you like. I am going to match up girls and boys as close to their ages as possible. So, please send names and ages.
It will be $15-20.00 dollars- one gift per child, those who have more than one child, if this is too much, please let me know and we will change it to 10.00 dollars, although here in the US, 10.00 will not get you much!

I must have all names by Thursday July 12th, as many would like to start shopping. I will PM everyone with their matches Friday. I was asked if the kids gift bags need to be location specific. I do not think so, do the best you can, its the thought that counts!!!

so far we have:

Carley 13 (Sallie)
Alice 12 (Andrew)
Stephen (Andrew)
Ethan 9 (Izzi)
Joshua 11 (Izzi)
Kylie 10 (Diane- 4kittymagic )
Madelynne-8 (Brian)
Elizabeth, 8 ( bridegirl- suzy)
Hunter, (boy), 8 ( bridegirl- suzy)
Julia, 5 ( bridegirl- suzy)
Dash (boy), 5 ( bridegirl- suzy)
Serena, 2 1/2 ( bridegirl- suzy)
Alex Turner 11 (boy)
Meredith Turner 5 (girl)
Ben 10 Iowazipcode
Emily 13 Iowazipcode
Tristan (12) Aurora1959
Garet (9)Aurora 1959

updated..we are growing!!!!

I just stumbled upon www stuardtclarkesrome dot com (Note the unusual name spelling -- it's not a typo.)

On the website he has very valuable advice divided into easy-to-navigate sections: General info; the Vatican, Neighborhood locator, Museum floor plans, etc. Most helpful is a print out of the Rome metro map and he explains what sightseeing can be done at each metro stop, how many blocks it is to walk, etc.

He obviously loves Rome and is very kind to share his knowledge. Check out this website. His site has been read by 7 million visitors so far!

OK- Im home and NOT AT THE BEACH, I WILL REPEAT-NOT AT THE BEACH:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Starting to get clothes together- :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: Panic is setting in:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: Now I know why I keep going to the beach!!!!!
:beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach:

I just stumbled upon www stuardtclarkesrome dot com (Note the unusual name spelling -- it's not a typo.)

On the website he has very valuable advice divided into easy-to-navigate sections: General info; the Vatican, Neighborhood locator, Museum floor plans, etc. Most helpful is a print out of the Rome metro map and he explains what sightseeing can be done at each metro stop, how many blocks it is to walk, etc.

He obviously loves Rome and is very kind to share his knowledge. Check out this website. His site has been read by 7 million visitors so far!

Great site-thanks heres the link:
http://www.stuardtclarkesrome.com/

Mary Jo sent me an updated list of tags since I offered to help out on this (given that Carrie has a lot on her plate and the clock is, as we all know, ticking).

Here's a first draft of the tag list, formatted as someone (Carrie?) proposed earlier. Here's a link with black Mickeys to the high resolution JPG version, and one the a PDF version (which is nice because it can scale larger with higher quality than a JPG).
Here's a link with red Mickeys to the high resolution JPG version, and one the a PDF version for those who prefer their Mickeys red.

I picked one tag per person, somewhat arbitrarily, so if you'd prefer a different tag, please reply or send me a PM. Also, anyone who still has the default "Earning my Ears" tag, I just included the name without the tag (to conserve space).
The name order is by post count (according to Mary Jo) - no fluff posting now, I'm not going to rearrange them :) .

I did include the tags of teens/kids included in her list. I figure they'd enjoy having them there and the info is obscure enough so there are no real privacy issues. It does make the font a bit smaller though, so if people want them removed, that's fine also.

I'm open to suggestions on style, colors, etc. I chose a very simple bold font to make it as readable as possible. As it is, only people right behind you will have a chance of making sense of it.

If anyone would like to take a crack at a complete redesign, I'll be glad to forward them the original list, etc.

Links to the front pocket graphic can be found here (2 per page here)

I've added links to graphics with red mickeys. I'm making it an option because I prefer the black (never saw a red Mickey Mouse, and from a distance it looks more like hearts than Mickeys - but it does make it stand out better so I figure everyone can choose which they prefer).

Two options:
1. Buy some T-Shirt transfer paper (available online and at most office supply stores). Next, open the images (by clicking on the link), then print to the transfer paper and iron on following the instructions provided (you may need to do a reverse print).
2. Print a copy of the images or store the file on a floppy or USB thumb drive and take it to a local custom T-shirt store (many malls have them now), where they should be able to print them up for you. The nice thing about this approach is, though it costs more, they should be able to increase the size of the tags for you beyond 8 1/2x11.

Just came across this website. Disney is one of their customers. I put my order through so now I will just wait and see. It could be that because Disney is one of their customers (it says it right on the site), the copywrite issue was not a problem.

http://artapart.com/

Good luck!

Maryann
Ok, thx to you both, I ordered our Tshirts today!!

OK- Im home and NOT AT THE BEACH, I WILL REPEAT-NOT AT THE BEACH:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Starting to get clothes together- :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: Panic is setting in:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: Now I know why I keep going to the beach!!!!!
:beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach:
Me too, Sallie, I'm home and I'm working on this trip today!!

Me too, Sallie, I'm home and I'm working on this trip today!!

misery loves company joann!!! here is some pixie dust to make packing easier!!!pixiedust: pixiedust:

I used to love packing, but now its just too time consuming especially when Im on vacation already and I dont want to waste a minute of my precious beach/recreation time- I know it is all worth it for the trip, but I do wish someone else could do it for me!!! :upsidedow :upsidedow :upsidedow

JUST FOUND THIS FORUM, WE BOOKED UP 2 WEEKS AGO FOR THE CRUISE:woohoo: , THERE ARE 7 OF US TRAVELLING, MY WIFE ALLISON, DAUGHTER EMILY 9:cheer2: AND SON ZAK 6pirate: , MY FATHER AND HIS WIFE AND THEIR GRANDAUGTHER CHLOE 12:cheer2: . OH AND ME I'M IAN BY THE WAY!! WE ALL LIVE NEAR BEVERLEY IN EAST YORKSHIRE,UK

WE TRAVEL TO BARCELONA ON THE 26TH JULY FORM HETHROW.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN BUSY WRITING HUNDREDS OF PAGES ON THIS FORUM, NOT HAD CHANCE TO READ THEM ALL, IS THERE ANYTHING IMPORTANT WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUISE?

Welcome, lots of information is on the first page, post 1 has links, post 10 and 12 lots and lots of information.

Welcome to the Brits cruise! we have taken over!

misery loves company joann!!! here is some pixie dust to make packing easier!!!pixiedust: pixiedust:

I used to love packing, but now its just too time consuming especially when Im on vacation already and I dont want to waste a minute of my precious beach/recreation time- I know it is all worth it for the trip, but I do wish someone else could do it for me!!! :upsidedow :upsidedow :upsidedow
Actually not quite packing yet....still organiziing, making lists and cleaning, I'll probably go to the bank today, get our toiletries, meds, etc. and tie up some of the loose ends around here...........THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO!!!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Ok I got our tolietries today - called into the supermarket on the way home from work.

At least thats something done ;)

Actually not quite packing yet....still organiziing, making lists and cleaning, I'll probably go to the bank today, get our toiletries, meds, etc. and tie up some of the loose ends around here...........THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO!!!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

me neither- Im just getting outfits together - I like to pack the bottom and top together which is why im making 16 day outfits , and now working on the evening wear- which i am only making 8 of, but reusing white capris and pants. The covering of the knees and shoulders is killing me.. I still have no idea what im doing about that short of really getting arrested!!!
And I keep stopping every 20 min to check to see if anyone has posted- God forbid I should miss something!!!!!:upsidedow :upsidedow

Hi

I would like to start some of the online check in.

Can I do the guest information today and the other bits at a later day. We are waiting for Daves new CC (it has a bigger spending limit than mine)

Can anyone form UK advise -

Do we leave the visa part blank? (Being UK citz and all)

Thanks

Im being thick today ;)

Hi

I would like to start some of the online check in.

Can I do the guest information today and the other bits at a later day. We are waiting for Daves new CC (it has a bigger spending limit than mine)

Can anyone form UK advise -

Do we leave the visa part blank? (Being UK citz and all)

Thanks

Im being thick today ;)

Hi, I did the online check in over several days. I had no problem doing part one day and part another. The only problem I have and still have is the flight info. DCL still has not fixed this. (ie we are flying into London and they do not have this as an option at all.)
Hope this helps!

me neither- Im just getting outfits together - I like to pack the bottom and top together which is why im making 16 day outfits , and now working on the evening wear- which i am only making 8 of, but reusing white capris and pants. The covering of the knees and shoulders is killing me.. I still have no idea what im doing about that short of really getting arrested!!!
And I keep stopping every 20 min to check to see if anyone has posted- God forbid I should miss something!!!!!:upsidedow :upsidedow

I have outfits sorted - just too many of them ;)

Dave on the other hand:confused3 I bought him a load of new t shirts back in April and actually hid them from him, so he would have new stuff - As for trousers and shorts -I've told him he has to get it sorted by Sunday! He hates shopping:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter