Julie & Brian's Disneyland Wedding (9/2011) Sleeping Beauty Theme

Hi Julie! I am not a DISbride (although I would love to do a VR someday in DL :lovestruc) but I came upon your PJ and have sat here reading the entire thing in one sitting (notice the time of day :rotfl:). I am fighting a cold, which means laying down is impossible, so the laptop and I are in bed! Anyways, there were so many parts of your story that resonated with me, and I thought it was quite a koinky-dink that I would choose to read your PJ until almost 4 am popcorn:: I am another Sept. bride, the 12th, and this year will have been married 13 amazing years. What made we actually want to post was the statement your Mom made several pages back about you needing to lose weight to earn any money she was willing to contribute. I actually kept reading thinking, surely there will be a resolution, but apparently not. I am pleased to hear she is planning a shower for you though. Without getting into the details, after my Dad's passing 3 years ago, my Mom has chosen to shut me, DH, and our 9 yo DD out of her life. Being an only child, I have essentially lost both parents. To be honest, we weren't "close" and I don't really miss the drama and hurtful comments. It truly is her loss. That statement your Mom made to you just made me feel so sad for you. I have looked at all of your pictures you have posted, and you are a beautiful, stunning woman! And on your wedding day, you should feel more so than ever. My wedding was "good" but it was not what I always had dreamed it would be, (in large part because of my Mom) but I married the person I am meant to spend the rest of my life with, and that is what matters. You have had your share of "drama" and I am so impressed with your ability to keep it all in perspective. It is a day for you and him! This has ended up much longer than I intended, must be the Nyquil :rotfl:, but your story is something I can relate to, so I wanted to share. As I said, I am now happily married for almost 13 years, with a beautiful daughter. We will be in DL at the end of Oct./beg. of Nov. to celebrate her first "double digit b-day" as well as my ahem...4?, and we can't wait! I will continue to follow along and be sending you lots of :goodvibes. Sorry for such a long post, I'm really not a crazy person, just a sentimental sap :rotfl:

Blessings,

Traci

Sorry about the flower girl business. Hopefully everything will work out. I got left out of my SIL's wedding (her second) while my DH gave her away and my DS12 was her ring bearer (he was 3 at the time). No skin off my back. Less $$$ for me to spend.

Yes, this!! I think our vacation next year is going to be Disneyland!

:dance3:

DisneyLand meet up for sure! I'm going to try and talk Dave into going in April! Before the wedding craziness kicks in fulltime.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

If you come in April, *I* will be in the middle of wedding craziness!!!!! Julie will be done but I will be in full force! :eek: But I'm sure we can work something out!

Hey! I've been following your PJ for A LONG time but have finally decided to officially join Disboards. Definitely subscribing to your PJ! I love love love princess:absolutely everything that you are doing.

Julie! Where are you? Your wedding is NEXT MONTH!!!! I hope you'll give us an update soon! popcorn::

As a california girl who grew up at disneyland I can't wait to see your wedding pics not enough DL brides on here.

Ladies, I am so sorry for abandoning you all. I wasn't planning on coming back to the DIS after an incident of betrayal by some unidentified internet crazyhead :clown: , but I decided that I missed it and would like to share the good and bad about my wedding and the days leading up to it. I need to get reacquainted with where I left off, update and post pics. I will work on that this week since Brian is working and I am bored at home. Also, I have relocated to Florida and am about 8 miles from Magic Kingdom if anyone needs me to check out stuff or get merchandise for them, I would be glad to. Thus far I am still using my comps for entry from when I was a CM, but am getting an AP next month. :cool1: It feels so good to be back on here and to see where everyone is, geesh it feels as time flies! Missed you guys! :grouphug:

I'm glad you're back! So sorry to hear you had some sort of online incident. :( But I'm really looking forward to hearing about your wedding. Also, congrats on the move to Florida! It must be a ton of fun to be living so close to the Magic Kingdom!!

Sat down and read the entire 20 pages. As I was getting closer to the end (Page 20) I was getting worried!! I'm SO glad you came back today and will be looking forward to updates!

I ADORE Sleeping Beauty and can't wait to read more about your fabulous wedding!

~Zara

Another one who just found your PJ and was starting to woory. Glad you are back and can't wait to hear about your day.

Yay!! Florida move

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter