Joy to the World: an offsite Christmas extravaganza at Disney, Universal & SeaWorld – Dec. 2016 TR

Amazing! I didn't know about this exhibit. Thanks so much for sharing. It looks breathtaking!

I'm not sure I knocked anyone dead last week :sad2: ..... by Friday, I was ready to pack it in. I even talked to my manager, and tried to quit (I am seriously doubting that I'm the right person for this job) but she begged me to reconsider. She thinks I'm being too hard on myself and expecting too much on my first week. I think I'm much better at keeping house and herding kittens. At any rate, I told her I'd give it a while longer, but the jury is out on whether or not its the right career. Finding my new place here in the USA is definitely turning out to be far more challenging than I expected.

Man, you can say that again :scared:. Tougher than I expected it to be. After having a job that I loved for almost 2 decades (and one that I was GOOD at), starting over is a painful and humbling process. Definitely not easy on the self-esteem.
So sad to hear that it is not going as smoothly as you want. However, I am with the manager. It IS tough starting out again in a new position, and a bank is nothing but a bunch of odd procedures and processes that are hard to assimilate, and customers often get a bit "odd" where their money is concerned. Your manager sees something in you, or she wouldn't be trying to hang on to you. And that training score from the previous week should be telling you something too. Hang in there, it gets better!

I'm not sure I knocked anyone dead last week :sad2: ..... by Friday, I was ready to pack it in. I even talked to my manager, and tried to quit (I am seriously doubting that I'm the right person for this job) but she begged me to reconsider. She thinks I'm being too hard on myself and expecting too much on my first week. I think I'm much better at keeping house and herding kittens. At any rate, I told her I'd give it a while longer, but the jury is out on whether or not its the right career. Finding my new place here in the USA is definitely turning out to be far more challenging than I expected.
Your manager is correct. You can't figure anything out in a week. Set a reasonable time frame, something like 6 months, and then sit down and take another look at things. I would be willing to bet that this will all work out fine for you.

Let me tell you about big challenges.....I'm hiring and firing again at work. The assistant that I was all excited about hiring last September is not at all working out. She is just plan dumb and I have no tolerance for that at work. Here we are 10 months later and she still is asking how to do things, things that we do nearly every day. Add in the stress of packing up GC to go away for university. She is being evil and I'm in tears. Way to many changes in my life all happening at the exact same time.

Thank goodness that's okay in Michigan, or in another 9 minutes we might have had a problem :p.
So are you telling us you have a Donkey in your bathtub? Care to explain? Does Steve know?

Give a bureaucrats enough free time and I can guarantee they will come up with something foolish :rolleyes:.
Ummmm no, that's what they do when they are on the clock.

And thank goodness you took the reigns and kept this thread alive :hug:. What would I do without you? I owe you a bottle of wine for your efforts.

Why doesn't anyone offer to bring me chocolate when *I* am in charge?!?!? :sad:

I'm pretty sure that's what you keep me around for.

Wine and chocolate????? Cool. I have been tossing around the idea of a shopping weekend later in August. Might have to come your way and collect. Barefoot Pinot Grigio please. I believe in the US it's only $5.99....I'm a cheap date.

As for the chocolate......you come back on duty on Friday. You're gonna have ta wait!

The exhibit looks great. I wonder how long it takes to make everything? I did ponder going last year but decided that we went to Florida to get out of the cold so it didn't make the list.

I hear you on the job front. As others have said you will have to try and hang in a bit longer to give it a fair trial, I hope this week has been a bit better :goodvibes

Today's holiday's include "National Coffee Milkshake Day", "National Bagelfest Day" and my personal favorite "National Aunt and Uncle's Day". There is almost nothing better than being an auntie.

Add in the stress of packing up GC to go away for university. She is being evil and I'm in tears. Way to many changes in my life all happening at the exact same time
Read somewhere that it is a biological impulse to have kids who are about to leave the nest behave this way-as a way to make the break happen. Doesn't mean it's easy-I was so ready for my oldest to leave already last summer and then the first weekend without her around it seemed so empty (even with 2 other kids)...and this year she will be a plane ride or 16 hr drive away (luckily I have a disney trip planned for every month but September:rolleyes1)

Barefoot Pinot Grigio please. I believe in the US it's only $5.99....I'm a cheap date.
Or you can find the big bottle for $9.99...I will bring the chocolate (DH is World Finest Chocolate independent fundraiser)...

Read somewhere that it is a biological impulse to have kids who are about to leave the nest behave this way-as a way to make the break happen. Doesn't mean it's easy-I was so ready for my oldest to leave already last summer and then the first weekend without her around it seemed so empty (even with 2 other kids)...and this year she will be a plane ride or 16 hr drive away (luckily I have a disney trip planned for every month but September:rolleyes1)

Or you can find the big bottle for $9.99...I will bring the chocolate (DH is World Finest Chocolate independent fundraiser)...
I could totally see how under normal circumstances there would some sort of biological reason behind the stress of kids leaving home. Our situation is a bit different. We have been dealing with Teenzilla for the last 2 years. She has had to cope with the illness and death of a dear friend who was the same age. So every time something comes up that she realizes her friend is not doing she gets ugly. University is just another one of those things. So with all that heavy stuff I think I need the large bottle of wine.

Do you mean you are going to WDW every month except September? I'm jealous.

Hang in there Gina, and hang in there Dancin' . I do thing teen girls are much harder for moms than teen boys.

Love the goats in pants.

Hope all is well Gina. Carry on.

This thread is a great reminder of Christmas time. One of my favorite times of year.

Wish we had been able to go see the Peanuts display last year at Christmas. I know they change their themes year over year but I hope they bring that one back soon. That is my hubby's favourite cartoon. He still has the Christmas card I gave him years ago that when opened plays the little Peanuts jingle :cloud9:

On another note, I agree with everyone who has commented that your manager is recognizing a lady with good work ethic who can get the job done. But its not always JUST about the content of the job. Its about the commute, the people you are working with, how comfortable you are with those folks, etc. I'm all about instincts. Give it enough time to either confirm or deny your instincts, but still go with your instincts! :thumbsup2

I could totally see how under normal circumstances there would some sort of biological reason behind the stress of kids leaving home. Our situation is a bit different. We have been dealing with Teenzilla for the last 2 years. She has had to cope with the illness and death of a dear friend who was the same age. So every time something comes up that she realizes her friend is not doing she gets ugly. University is just another one of those things. So with all that heavy stuff I think I need the large bottle of wine.
:grouphug: and :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1
Teens...she sounds like she has had LOT to deal with.

Hi all, just popping in quickly before work (yep, I've got a 8:30 to 1:30 shift today....my first Saturday, boo :( ). I wanted to let you know that while I haven't had chance to post another update this week, I have been reading all of your entries and hope to get up another Gaylord Palms entry before the end of the weekend. I also have some personal updates to share, since you have all been so kind about offering up your support of my latest employment venture.

So....enjoy your weekend and know that I hope to be checking in by late tomorrow unless I get sidetracked unexpectedly. And a big thanks to all of those who continue to keep this thread alive while I'm dealing with my crazy life :crazy2:. A bit of a spoiler....the chaos should soon die down, and things are poised to resume a bit more normalcy by the end of summer. But, that's all you get for now ;). I will explain more later.

Until then, Happy Saturday! Hope the sun is shining where you are :sunny:. Hard to believe we bid goodbye to July in just a few more days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter