Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
Although we are not attending Jollywood for our upcoming trip, I'm still curious as to what (of those of you who have been there), think of it? I'm hearing some negativity, but what say all of you? For the record, I've never heard of Jollywood Nights till this year. We tend to go to WDW in the summer, but we are doing a December trip this year. We are going to the Christmas party at MK 🎄

Although we are not attending Jollywood for our upcoming trip, I'm still curious as to what (of those of you who have been there), think of it? I'm hearing some negativity, but what say all of you? For the record, I've never heard of Jollywood Nights till this year. We tend to go to WDW in the summer, but we are doing a December trip this year. We are going to the Christmas party at MK 🎄
This is the first time they have put the event on and Saturday was the first night. Not another until next next Saturday. Honestly if they don't do some major fixing it probably won't be back, just like Unleash the Villains did not come back.

I've never heard of Jollywood Nights till this year.
Isn't this the first year of it? Google some vlogs, those reporting from the first night essentially said it was pretty bad (although the live performances garnered some positive comments.) Of course that was night #1--and of course it had been a hot day and it rained like crazy through parts of the event. Didn't seem like fun to me.

My recently relocated local to WDW friends sad it was a crap-fest with lots of problems… so would agree with a PP, they’ll either get it together, or it won’t be back. We still have our tickets - so it will be what it will be …

We were there Saturday and yes, it was a hot mess. From a ride perspective it was pretty good - we easily got onto everything. We didn't bother with the Rise VQ - the ride doesn't do much for us and it didn't seem like a good use of party time to wait in what was still a huge line even with the VQ. Plus it was down for a good chunk of the party anyway. But most other stuff was a walk on or low wait. The longest we waited was Slinky Dog at the beginning and Toy Story at the end - both waits under 30 minutes.

But the rest?? Well, I can't tell you how the shows were because the long lines outside kept us away. People were lining up well before show times. For the one with the muppets, there were people waiting easily 30 minutes before the show and then the show itself was 30 minutes long. So that's an hour out of your party time for one show.

Character meets - we met Edna and Frozone because they didn't have lines. Lines for Chip and Dale and Phineas and Ferb were long, so again it became a decision of did we want to spend party time standing in line.

Special foods/drinks - have I said anything about lines before? Because once again, they were long. I heard comments of people waiting 40 minutes or more just to get in and get something. I also need to eat gluten-free and didn't see a lot on the menu that would work for me.

Special PhotoPass photos? Again, lines, lines, and more lines.

We ended up treating the event like an after hours and just riding rides -but without getting the popcorn, ice cream and soda.

Complete opposite of our experience the night before at MVMCP where we got our cookies, sampled a few party exclusive treats, watched a castle show, saw fireworks, met some characters, and enjoyed the parade. Will 100% do this party again.

Jollywood?? Well, I bought the shirt because it says inaugural on it and I figure this event won't be coming back. LOL

By all reports it was an absolute galactic level failure. Even the most positive of the disney cheerleader vloggers have been throwing shade at it, and Disney Guest Services is giving refunds to anyone who asks.
Just in case anyone else is in my situation, we had Jollywood tickets via UT and they at first said no refunds or exchanges and I pointed out that although their confirmation says that, their website says refundable so they gave me a full refund and we bought tickets to MVMCP instead.

I’ve seen where people are getting refunds on their tickets for future events and Disney is actually doing it which surprised me.

Actual refunds or “credits”? We have tickets for December 4th. My DIL was so enthused about this, but now even she is not happy about going. She had a thought to change to the Christmas party, but it’s sold out the whole week we’re there. I know they’ll always let you get a credit to a future special ticket event if you can’t use it. But I just bought tickets for 2 after hours events during our February trip. So I don’t have need for a credit for quite awhile. A refund would be much better.

Actual refunds according to multiple reports here and on www.wdwmagic.com Some have just gotten it at the first call level, a few reports of people first being offered the credits but getting the refund when pressing further, or being transferred to another department, so your mileage may vary.

Thanks! Could you please check your link tho, it’s not working for me

Actual refunds or “credits”? We have tickets for December 4th. My DIL was so enthused about this, but now even she is not happy about going. She had a thought to change to the Christmas party, but it’s sold out the whole week we’re there. I know they’ll always let you get a credit to a future special ticket event if you can’t use it. But I just bought tickets for 2 after hours events during our February trip. So I don’t have need for a credit for quite awhile. A refund would be much better.
Hopefully they will have the kinks worked out by then! They have time! Or you are able to get a refund.

With all these people canceling and getting refunds, Jollywood Nights might become pretty great pretty soon.
Lower crowds!
I'm holding out hope that future events are a much better experience...
Crowds were only part of the problem though. I mean, the rides were all basically walk-ons. Each of their “party exclusive offerings” were incredibly deficient is the root of the problem. The Hollywood Brown Derby thing was reportedly a joke, sparsely decorated, crappy food, and a lounge singer. The “tip top club” was a food and wine style cart with three servers outside the ride exit to TOT, serving 2 alcoholic drinks, and a band. The party exclusive characters were not actually party exclusive characters, with like one or two exceptions. It goes on and on. The crowds definitely contributed to some of the awfulness of this event, but they aren’t the sole problem.

Crowds were only part of the problem though. I mean, the rides were all basically walk-ons. Each of their “party exclusive offerings” were incredibly deficient is the root of the problem. The Hollywood Brown Derby thing was reportedly a joke, sparsely decorated, crappy food, and a lounge singer. The “tip top club” was a food and wine style cart with three servers outside the ride exit to TOT, serving 2 alcoholic drinks, and a band. The party exclusive characters were not actually party exclusive characters, with like one or two exceptions. It goes on and on. The crowds definitely contributed to some of the awfulness of this event, but they aren’t the sole problem.
I have heard overall pretty good things about the shows.

I agree, it sounds like HBD and the Tip Top Soiree need a lot of improvement. HBD may have been better if the initial seating situation hadn't been so f'd up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter