Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

Hi,

I went on the 20th of November (last monday), and here is my report:

First: I went mostly for the attractions, the two main shows, and ambiance. We didn't wait in any food line or character meets.

Second: We were able to do everything we wanted within reason.

Report:
We got there around 30 minutes before the night officially got underway, so we were still mixing with other guests it seems. We didn't have much of a line to get in (maybe 10 minutes, max 15).

-- Did Star Tours with maybe 5 min wait.
-- Went to see if Muppets 3d was open, it was not :(
-- Did Runaway Railway with 5 min wait max if don't include pre-show.
-- Went to see "What's This" show, waited about 20 minutes, it was, IMHO, the better of the two shows in terms of impressiveness, although the other show was more of a traditional christmas show. You don't have to know the songs, but it helps for sure.
-- Did TOT, maybe 15 minutes wait (line seemed to stop moving for a bit). We saw a bit of the drinking area outside of the TOT after we exited the attraction, and heard the band for a few minutes.
-- Did Rockin Rollercoaster, less than 5 min wait (none of the preshows were pausing you)
-- Got some frozen drinks (zero wait) outside of rockin rollercoaster, they were jsut standard day drinks
-- waited for the Muppets Christmas show, got in without much of a fuss. Maybe waited about 25 minutes. Wish it had more muppets.
-- Somewhere around this point I managed to get a ROTR virtual queue still (maybe it was before the Muppets show, can't remember), it seemed pretty easy to do so?
-- Did slinky dog, it was a little over 30 minutes. Definitely the longest attraction wait.
-- We headed to ROTR, waited zero minutes other than walking through the queue until the first pre-show, after the pre-shows it was pretty minimal wait.
-- At this point we made our way for the fireworks which had just started a few minutes after we got off ROTR, we got a decent, but not head on view of the show.

So we didn't do: TSMM, Alien Saucers, Millenium Falcon. We saw characters throughout the night, but didn't stop for any of them. We didn't explore of any of the special food items. Though we would have liked to go on TSMM, for some reason the line was reporting a longer wait time then we wanted to wait. Probably for the best, because we timed the fireworks show pretty well.

Question to Others: On both the MK Christmas Part and Jollywood Nights, we saw quite a few people using the Lightning Lane. At first I thought it was DAS, and maybe there really are that many DAS users, but it seemed quite a bit more than I expected. Didn't really bother me during Jollywood, but during MK party on the 19th there were quite a few. So the question is: Was it just DAS, or were some people able to get lightning lanes?
It’s DAS and rider swap

Hi,

I went on the 20th of November (last monday), and here is my report:

First: I went mostly for the attractions, the two main shows, and ambiance. We didn't wait in any food line or character meets.

Second: We were able to do everything we wanted within reason.

Report:
We got there around 30 minutes before the night officially got underway, so we were still mixing with other guests it seems. We didn't have much of a line to get in (maybe 10 minutes, max 15).

-- Did Star Tours with maybe 5 min wait.
-- Went to see if Muppets 3d was open, it was not :(
-- Did Runaway Railway with 5 min wait max if don't include pre-show.
-- Went to see "What's This" show, waited about 20 minutes, it was, IMHO, the better of the two shows in terms of impressiveness, although the other show was more of a traditional christmas show. You don't have to know the songs, but it helps for sure.
-- Did TOT, maybe 15 minutes wait (line seemed to stop moving for a bit). We saw a bit of the drinking area outside of the TOT after we exited the attraction, and heard the band for a few minutes.
-- Did Rockin Rollercoaster, less than 5 min wait (none of the preshows were pausing you)
-- Got some frozen drinks (zero wait) outside of rockin rollercoaster, they were jsut standard day drinks
-- waited for the Muppets Christmas show, got in without much of a fuss. Maybe waited about 25 minutes. Wish it had more muppets.
-- Somewhere around this point I managed to get a ROTR virtual queue still (maybe it was before the Muppets show, can't remember), it seemed pretty easy to do so?
-- Did slinky dog, it was a little over 30 minutes. Definitely the longest attraction wait.
-- We headed to ROTR, waited zero minutes other than walking through the queue until the first pre-show, after the pre-shows it was pretty minimal wait.
-- At this point we made our way for the fireworks which had just started a few minutes after we got off ROTR, we got a decent, but not head on view of the show.

So we didn't do: TSMM, Alien Saucers, Millenium Falcon. We saw characters throughout the night, but didn't stop for any of them. We didn't explore of any of the special food items. Though we would have liked to go on TSMM, for some reason the line was reporting a longer wait time then we wanted to wait. Probably for the best, because we timed the fireworks show pretty well.

Question to Others: On both the MK Christmas Part and Jollywood Nights, we saw quite a few people using the Lightning Lane. At first I thought it was DAS, and maybe there really are that many DAS users, but it seemed quite a bit more than I expected. Didn't really bother me during Jollywood, but during MK party on the 19th there were quite a few. So the question is: Was it just DAS, or were some people able to get lightning lanes?
Along with DAS and rider swap, guests on VIP tours during parties use the LL lines.

Along with DAS and rider swap, guests on VIP tours during parties use the LL lines.
I think I saw one vip tour group while waiting in line get in LL, not sure because the guide wasn’t wearing plaid that I could see, but was definitely a CM.
I didn’t know that vip guides worked during parties.

Len Testa has done analysis including having people standing by lightning lanes counting that shows that the vast majority of people using lightning lanes at any given point aren’t actually genie+ purchasers. Given that, it’s not surprising that there would be a ton of DAS users at the parties.
I assume they are predominantly DAS holders using the LL during the parties. I’ve never heard of VIP tours running during the parties (and haven’t seen plaids walking around during them). You can’t purchase a LL for during party hours. There will be some child swap but probably not the majority. I didn’t notice as much during Jollywood, but when I went to the Christmas party the LL use (for space mountain anyways because you could see them pass by) was kind of crazy high. We saw at least 60 people pass us in the LL and they weren’t child swap because they were all larger parties (most 4 or more). I began to wonder exactly what percentage of LL users are actually DAS holders during regular hours.

Len Testa has done analysis including having people standing by lightning lanes counting that shows that the vast majority of people using lightning lanes at any given point aren’t actually genie+ purchasers. Given that, it’s not surprising that there would be a ton of DAS users at the parties.
How can they tell? Do Das bands/cards light up differently at the tap point? I'm not being critical, just curious.

Has anyone been who was mainly interested in the shows and rides? I don’t do character meets without the grandbabies and can take or leave the dining and snacks.
Thanks!
We went 11/20 and focused on rides and shows. Rode MMRR, Star Tours, ToT, RnRC, TSMM, Alien SS, Slinky Dog Dash, saw both shows, did the two photo ops, went to the TipTop Club and saw the fireworks show. My two teen daughters had their first MVMCP that trip as well and both preferred Jollywood Nights.

DAS holders tap blue instead of green.
A CM verifies the photo of the DAS user, then let’s them in.
If true, then it’s not DAS at the parties for LL - I am seeing them tap green. Saw three couples back to back (no kids), and a few adults with teens - all tap green both at MVMCP and Jollywood. All after the party had started and regular park guests were supposed to have left. Lot easier to know they are party goers at Jollywood as they had lanyards with large cards attached.

Lets take this conversation back to Jollywood Nights.

Who is/is not using the LL lanes during parties is purely speculation so not really beneficial to those who want to find out more information about recent parties.

Thanks.

Reactions: TAK
at Jollywood last night - rides were pretty accessible and quick to get on - was annoyed on RoTR (Virtual Queue Only) - they skipped the pre show (transport capture) and went through an employee entrance backstage to go right to where the Stormtroopers are massed and the interrogation assignment phase starts. So really wasn’t the full experience and not sure if this is everyone’s experience.

I would say overall, if rides are your focus, you won’t be disappointed. If you are looking for a party atmosphere, with Holiday overlays, it was lackluster. It really felt like a lot of separate pieces of things going on but lacked the cohesion of a MVMCP. Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story land felt left out, and while not empty of guests - they felt like separate parks altogether.

We were fortunate to have APs to enter the park before the party start and could go get our bracelets and lanyards beforehand. We didn’t know this in advance - so I could see where people would get surprised and cranky about it. Everyone else was massed in line in one area. It is a later start time for the party and regular park guests were there past 8P. This is a lot different timing-wise than attending MVMCP.

The Miss Piggy and Kermit show was good with holiday songs and appearances of some the princesses along with Mickey/Minnie. Disney knows how to put on a show. Couldn’t get into Brown Derby and it’s not immediately clear what you need to do to attend it - so know before you go - but the outside lounge/bar was open.

All in all, our group’s observation of the Jollywood party ticket is an expensive Express Pass with some Hollywood Holiday themed things happening on the fringes. It definitely lacked a parade, overlays, and other things that could have taken it beyond a thin veneer of a party atmosphere. I think a lot of it has to do with the park layout / logistics - and it’s no MK with a Castle centerpiece.

You join the virtual queue starting the evening of your party - it's the normal virtual queue for Rise, but if you are registered for Jollywood Nights, it will work. We did the second night, and there were spots left at 8:15

at Jollywood last night - rides were pretty accessible and quick to get on - was annoyed on RoTR (Virtual Queue Only) - they skipped the pre show (transport capture) and went through an employee entrance backstage to go right to where the Stormtroopers are massed and the interrogation assignment phase starts. So really wasn’t the full experience and not sure if this is everyone’s experience.
ROTR for us was the full experience luckily. Missing part or all of the pre-shows happens from time to time, and is usually due to ride issues, even during a normal day.

We went 11/20 and focused on rides and shows. Rode MMRR, Star Tours, ToT, RnRC, TSMM, Alien SS, Slinky Dog Dash, saw both shows, did the two photo ops, went to the TipTop Club and saw the fireworks show. My two teen daughters had their first MVMCP that trip as well and both preferred Jollywood Nights.
Thanks for the feedback. This is similar to what we’re hoping to accomplish.

For those who have attended (and thank you again for your reviews!), can you let us know whether any of the showtimes might have been busier than others? As in, necessitating getting in line longer than, say, ten minutes prior to showtime? Thank you!

For those who have attended (and thank you again for your reviews!), can you let us know whether any of the showtimes might have been busier than others? As in, necessitating getting in line longer than, say, ten minutes prior to showtime? Thank you!
Yes on the Brown Derby - it was full almost immediately last night - so we couldn’t see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter