Jody's moving to The Beach 03/15/04!

Wednesday 03/25/04 - Day 11 on SouthBeach

and I think I am really liking my little Beach Vacation!::yes::

The day I went for my hysterectomy --- EIGHT MONTHS ago I was at my low carb 'low' that morning of 207. I was going to have body parts surgically removed. What more could someone trying so hard to lose weight want? Losing body parts surely would mean losing a couple pounds -- right? OH NO -- not for ME! I lost a couple pounds in body parts and managed to gain 5 Pounds! I went off program for a couple weeks. I wasn't cooking and friends and family were bringing in high carb meals. I was feeling really lousy and the comfort foods provided just that -- comfort. I got right back on track and stayed on track about 98% of the time. But that wasn't enough! I would go up a few pounds and down a few pounds but in EIGHT MONTHS I never again reached that low carb 'low' of 07/18/03 when the scale hit 207. I'd get to 208 but then I'd gain a few pounds again. It was so frustrating! When I started SouthBeach 11 days ago I was at 214. Just 10 days on the program and I've droped 7 pounds. Yep, that's right I've once again hit my low carb 'low' of 207!:tongue: That's a total loss now of 40 Pounds! Can you tell how happy I am???!! And I am feeling really positive knowing that I will soon have some NEW Low Carb 'low' numbers popping up. And these will be ALL TIME LOW CARB LOWS for ME! Yep, SouthBeach has been good for me. I think I'll stick my sun umbrella into the sand and stay awhile!:sunny:

And now for TODAY ----

B - serving of Metamucil Soluble Fiber
Slim Fast Low Carb Chocolate Shake

S - convenience store decaf coffee topped w/
apx 3 oz low fat vanilla cappaccino

L - 3 eggs w/ 1 oz low fat shredded cheddar
mixed with 1/2 cup cooked/shredded spinach.
I guess this would be '3 eggs florentine'.

S - I got a 32 oz diet fountain coke

D - Chicken ceaser salad w/lite italian dressing

Did excellent on the water. I drank ALOT of water today. I feel like I'm floating away. I think I may be retaining a little though-- I hope it doesn't catch up with me.

Totals
Calories - 823
Fat - 42 [49%]
Carbs - 31 [10%]
Protein - 80 [41%]

Jody that is fantastic!!! I think the beach was exactly what you needed!!!! You'll be in Onederland in no time! I'm so happy for you!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

:wave2: Hi Jody. A big congratulations to you! Just stopped by to wish you a happy Friday.

Friday 03/26/04 - Day 12 on SouthBeach

B - SlimFast Chocolate Shake [Low Carb]

S - Lg.Skim Milk Latte' w/sugar free caramel flavoring

D - Chicken Salad on a bed of Romaine with bits of green pepper, onion, and tomatoe. Lite Italian dressing

S - A Lg. 32oz fountain diet coke

doing 'okay' on the water but will need to get a bunch more in before the day is over.

D - Eating out - Lean Hamburger Patty
[8 oz - figured it yielded about 6 oz cooked]
Lettuce, tomatoe, Onion - tbsp steak sauce
2 cups of decaf coffee

Did excellent on the water. But I am SO THIRSTY and just feel like I cannot get enough to drink today. Have a bad feeling that tomorrow will show some fluid retention.

Totals - [they were a little higher today]
Calories - 1145
Fat - 60 [49%]
Carbs - 53 [17%]
Protein - 93 - [34%]

Saturday 03/27/04 - Day 13 on SouthBeach

B - SlimFast low carb Chocolate Shake

L - Romaine w/chicken salad
bits of peppers/onions/tomatoe
Lite italian dressing
Lg Skim Milk Latte' w/SF caramel flavoring

S - Lg.fountain diet coke

D - Greek Salad w/oil type dressing
Greek Chicken dish --
chicken breast/peppers/onion/tomatoe/feta cheese
cooked in a light oil base

I put this in to fitday the best I could. Totals were alot higher today than usual. I've also been so thirsty the past couple days. I just cannot get enough to drink. Continue to do well on the water.

Totals -
Calories - 1419
Fat - 85 [56%]
Carbs - 61 [14%]
Protein - 101 [29%]

Sunday 03/28/04 - Day 14 SouthBeach

B - 3 eggs over medium
3 slices bacon

L - Lg.Skim milk Latte' w/sf hazlenut flavoring

D - 2 pieces broasted chicken breasts
[skin removed]
Raw Pepper strips and celery
apx 2-3 oz of cheddar cheese chunks

S - Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate

Did 'fair' on the water today

Totals -
Calories - 1247
Fat - 61 [46%]
Carbs - 41 [13%]
Protein - 125 [41%]

After completing 14 full days of Phase One on SouthBeach I have to say that my little corner of the sand is pretty HOT!;) Last year [2003] I had managed to lose and maintain a loss of 10 Pounds. Most of the Atkins weight I lost was prior to that in 2002. And the stats for my first two weeks on SouthBeach are.....

Start week one 214 <-4>
Start week two 210 <-5>
Current 205!:tongue:

On to week three which will start 'Phase two' for me. Phase two is continued during the duration of the weight loss period - for how ever long that is necessary. Phase two allows you to slowly add back in carbs low on the glycemic index. You can add how ever many your body will allow while continuing to stay in 'weight loss mode'. This includes some fruits, high fiber breads, long grain brown rice, whole wheat pasta's, etc.

OMG 9 pounds total! In just two weeks!! WOW! Jody I think this is definatly the right program for you!!! Best of luck with this week!!! :Pinkbounc

Have a great Monday!

In Phase Two I can begin to add back some high fiber grains. I was looking forward to having one of the 'Atkins friendly' subway wraps again. I looked at the calorie/fat info and WOW -- I surely would NOT consider them to be SouthBeach Friendly. I took the time to put together nutrition info for a couple of their other sandwiches -- substituting the high fiber wrap for the roll. Here are the stats if anyone would like to copy them down. I would consider all of these to be SouthBeach Friendly for a meal.

Turkey Breast Wrap
Meat, lettuce, tomatoe, onions, grn peppers, olives, pickles

Calories - 210
total fat - 4.5
total carb - 24
fiber - 12
sugar - 2
protein - 23

Subway Club Wrap

Calories - 250
Total Fat - 6
Total carb - 24
fiber - 12
sugar -3
protein - 29

Roasted Chicken Breast Wrap

Calories - 260
total fat - 5
total carb - 25
fiber - 12
sugar - 4
protein - 29

Subway Seafood & Crab Wrap
seafood salad, lettuce, tomatoe, onions, grn peppers,olives, pickles

Calories - 255
total fat - 8.5
total carb - 30
fiber - 13
sugar - 3
protein - 19

Steak & Cheese Wrap
Meat, Cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, onions, grn peppers, olives, pickles

Calories - 320
total fat - 14
total carb - 26
fiber - 13
sugar - 4
protein - 29

Hi Jody!

Congratulations on completing Phase 1 and more importantly for losing 9 pounds! :bounce: :bounce:

Welcome to Phase 2! You have such a variety of foods to choose from and everything is delicious! I wanted to try one of those Subway wraps too but I think the calories on the Atkins one, like you mentioned, is just too high to justify it. I'm sure it's delicious though. I notice commercials for several Atkins salads and I might try one of those.

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work! You'll be in onederland in no time!!!! :)

Hey Jody, I'm on Atkins but try to keep my calories down, so when I go to subway, I just have the turkey wrap ( turkey, lettuce, tomato, onion, sometimes cheese and mayo).

What makes the calories so high are the bacon and dressings/mayo. If you just eliminate those, and have your lite dressing on it, you should be ok. What you have and what I have are almost the same, even though we are on different programs.

Thanks for all of the good info. :sunny:

Thanks for the info on the Subway wraps. DH likes them, but I prefer to make my own. I like to contol how much of everything goes on my wraps. Congrats on completing Phase I. Onto Phase II.

Beth

Monday 3/29/04

B - SlimFast low carb Vanilla shake
with a dash of davinci sf peppermint

S - Lg. Skim Milk Latte' w/sf English Toffee flavoring

OMG I am in HEAVEN! I just had that 'nasty' "B" word and it is LEGAL on phase two! You have to understand that it is so hard to get out of the 'low carb' way of thinking for me. SouthBeach is 'healthy carbs' and 'healthy fats' but it is in NO WAY either low carb OR low fat! Yep, I just had BREAD! Well, it was actually a high fiber English Muffin but it was as close to 'bread' as I've been in a LONG TIME!

L - One Egg scrambled w/low fat cheddar
on top of a toasted High Fiber English Muffin

Water intake for the first half of the day has been right on track! I am trying to get a minimum of 100oz of water each day. After that I pretty much stop counting.

S - Lg diet coke

D - 4 oz chicken breast tenders
homemade honeymustard sauce
1 c. broccoli w/I can't believe its not butter spray

Continued to do well with water today!

Totals -
Calories - 913
Fat - 26 [28%]
Carbs - 74 [27%]
Protein - 96 [45%]

:jumping3: :jumping1: 9 POUNDS LESS ON THE BEACH!! :jumping1: :jumping3:

Congratulations, Jody!! I know what a struggle you've had for such a long time and these results must have you walking on air!! I'm so happy for you!! :Pinkbounc

You're going to be looking GREAT on that cruise!! :sunny:

Here is a link to a website with an awesome weight loss chart. You enter your weekly weight and it will automatically calculate your loss for the week, total loss, target date, BMI, etc!

http://www.onmyweigh.com/

Click on 'Weight Loss Tools' to go to the area for the charts available.

hey jody, i've been away from your journal for a while, but i've finally gotten a chance to catch up! oh my goodness girl! 9 pounds in 2 weeks, party time :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

congratulations!!! :jumping1:

i'm so happy for you, not only because of this great weight loss, but because you just seem to happy and positive about your woe! this is such a wonderful thing, because since you are so happy about it, i'm sure you will have no problem sticking to it! ::yes:: you are an inspiration jody, keep up the great work :hyper:

i hope you have a wonderful day today :sunny:

Tuesday 03/30/04

B - SlimFast Low Carb Chocolate Shake

L - Subway Seafood Salad Wrap
w/lettuce,tomatoe,onion,pickles,blk olives,old bay]
Lg Diet Coke

S - Decaf Coffee w/apx 3 oz of convenience store cappuccino

D - we went to Eat N Park for dinner. They have all of the nutritional info for their foods on their website. So I researched beforehand to make the best choices.

Nantucket Cod
cup of chili
sugar snap peas

S - Swiss Miss 'diet' Hot chocolate

Totals -
Calories - 965
Fat - 40 [41%]
Carbs - 77 [22%]
Protein - 80 [36%]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter