Jiko or Yak and Yeti

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
I am looking to add one more TS. I have never eaten at either of these places. I know trip advisor lists Jiko as the 17th best restaurant on Disney property why some claim it is the best meal they have had. I have eaten at some great places at Disney but is Jiko as some claim to best one of the best meals or establishments in Disney? Also another added bonus but during the time I will be there, Jiko will be offering 20% for an AP holders which imo is a great deal. Appreciate any advice.

I'd say Jiko, but it depends on what your looking for if you want a casual TS and then to go back to spending time in AK then Yak and Yeti makes sense (and the food there is good too). But if you want a nicer dinner that's going to be a bit longer at a signature then Jiko is a good choice. Overall Jiko defintely has better food, but they are different types of food. Yak and Yeti would be best if you plan on continuing touring the park afterwards.

If it helps I have reviews of bothin my dining reports, the links are in my signature. We did Jiko on our May trip and Yak and Yeti on the Sep '16 trip so you don't have to look through all the dining reports to find it.

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks Jiko is the best restaurant at Disney. Dinners I've had there have been absolutely memorable. As one who works in the food and beverage business, let it suffice to say that I'm fussy and so that says a lot.

The meal I had at Yak & Yeti was perfectly fine. I'd go again if price, or proximity to Kali River Rapids, were my priorities. But if I'm choosing between them, it's no contest.

Yak & yeti is fine if you want a break from the heat at AK and don't want to leave the park. If you're looking for the best meal I'd absolutely pick Jiko over Y&Y. No comparison.

There's no comparison. Y&Y is great if you are looking for a casual TS without characters or antics in AK, but the food is mediocre. If you want great food, Jiko is the place to go.

I agree with PP - Y&Y is fine if you're going to be in AK anyway and don't want to leave. Jiko is worth a special trip to AKL just to eat there.

My thinking was this. Became an AP holder recently. I see Jiko is 20% off till September. So game plan is, spending my wed at universal studios during the day. Then come back in early evening watch new MK nighttime show and leave around 830 pm. Take Bus To AKL and I have a 930 pm ADR at Jiko. Yak and Yeti was going to be on a different night but from the start I hated my ADR time at 5 pm. I hate eating that early. I will settle for Yak and Yeti cs that evening and I also plan to be back in April.

While acknowledging the fact I haven't had the privilege of dining at Victoria & Albert's yet, I believe Jiko is the best Disney-owned restaurant on property. The food is inventive and extremely high quality. To me, this question has a clear answer.

If you are looking to try African/Indian cuisine, Jiko is the fine dining, upscale version of the two.
However, My husband and I have eaten there twice and we really did not like any of the flavors or spices used in any of the dishes we tried. We gave it a second try thinking it was an off day or we needed to try different dishes, but we did not like the second time either. We frequent fine dining establishments in our home city as well as on our travels (and have tried most of Disney's including V&A) and would rate the service and meat quality as very good but be prepared for the possibility that someone in your group might not take to the flavors.
As for Yak & Yeti, it is not fine dining and is very casual, but we eat there for lunch every trip. We love the Tuna Nachos and the Burger.
Have a wonderful time!!

We think Jiko is absolutely one of the best meals to have on WDW property -- easy call. We might rank it right after V&A.

We've had bad experiences at Y&Y, and at best, it's mediocre food.

Jiko is more adventurous sans the filet and mac and cheese, it's one of the best restaurants on property that I've been to.

I regretted not going there on our last trip option for Yak and Yeti TS and Tiffins instead.

Yak and Yeti is pretty chinese takeoutey and heavily americanized even at the TS.

We've eaten at both several times and enjoy both.
It really depends on what you are looking for. Yak and Yeti is usually louder, and more of an in and out restaurant. Not necessarily a relaxed setting.
Jiko is fancier IMO, and our meals last much longer there. It can be quite crowded at times as well.
If we could only do one, Jiko wins everytime.

I've eaten at Jiko twice and Yak and Yeti once. Would go to Jiko every trip if possible.

Jiko hands down. Yak and Yeti is just another Landry's restaurant. nothing special except it is in the park and does have AC. We went this last trip and were not impressed at all. And like you said, the 20% discount for AP is great at Jiko.

Yak and Yeti is our go to lunch place when in AK. Jiko is our relaxing dinner spot after going full throttle all day. Never had better service then Jiko.

On our last trip, we ate in both. Y&Y I thought was really solid/yet overpriced Asian food, but I didn't leave wow'ed. Jiko...one of the best meals of my life. You can get Y&Y food at many places, but not Jiko food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter