Jiko or Artist Point

Rose7777

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney this spring and are between Jiko and Artist Point for a dinner out one night sans kids. Which do you prefer? Reservations are available for both for our night/time. I'm a more adventurous eater than my husband, but he said he'd be fine with either.

I love questions with no wrong answer! Both are very good and you'll be happy no matter which you pick. In general I prefer Artist Point, but that's only because I'm not a fan of some of the african spices they use at Jiko. That might be a factor to consider for your husband.

If you want something different and more adventurous, Jiko all the way. Artist point is going to be a little more traditional. Both of these locations are 2 credits if you are on the dining plan.

I love both of these restaurants! I'd definitely pick Jiko over Artist Point if I had to pick. We are very similar to you guys it sounds like. I'm a bit adventurous with food, and DH is pretty picky. But he really enjoyed Jiko.

I think it's more about flavor profile than about being 'adventurous'. Does your DH like curry and spicy food? If so, go with Jiko. If not so much, or if he really enjoys seafood and/or game meats, go with AP. Both are very good.

As others have said you really can't go wrong, but if it were me it would be Jiko all the way. Don't get me wrong, Artist Point is very good but I also feel like their food is something you could get elsewhere. Jiko on the other hand is truly unique and offers something you'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere. They are amazing at taking proteins you're likely familiar but then using spices and sides that are truly African. We've loved every meal we've ever had there, including one which is still our best Disney meal ever.

Okay- we are all set with a reservation at Jiko. What won me over was the point about Jiko being something very different that we won't get to try elsewhere. If, for some reason my husband doesn't like it, we can grab QS at the resort. Thanks for the input!

I agree with others - both are great options!! I also agree with @Quin - that it's not so much about being adventurous but about which menu options appeal more to you. Since both are amazing, I'd think about some other factors like convenience and after dinner plans. How are you getting to dinner? If you have a car then it's probably about the same to get to either location. If you have time after dinner, at AKL you can sit by the bonfire and see if they still have the night vision goggles and see if you can see any animals. We didn't when we used the goggles, but you never know.

At WL, depending on where you are staying, you can take the boat home, or even just get on the boat and make a loop back to WL. I think it's pretty at night - especially if you can time it with the fireworks. You could also find a good spot and watch the EWP.

Hopefully you have an amazing meal no matter which you pick!

We've eaten at both, and while AP is certainly fine, we place Jiko in a class above. We now do it EVERY trip. :)

I will also say the same thing as others have said, they are both excellent options. For me there is no, "that's easy" or "hands down" or "no doubt about its," between the two. While each is completely different, they are both located in beautiful and breathtaking resorts, they both offer quiet dining rooms, they both offer very good service, and they both offer very good to excellent food. My advice, choose the menu that has the most appeal to you and enjoy; either way you cannot go wrong. Both Jiko and AP are always must do's for us and will be this June for us.

Jiko is our number one signature at Disney..Tho AP on our last trip two years ago, didn't disappoint..By the way, we live in the capital of curry houses in Glasgow, Scotland, and love Indian cuisine..I wouldn't rate Jiko spicy at all, yes for Sanaaa..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter