Jennifer's Journal to Hotness!!!

VanessasMom

Disney Bound!
Ok, here's the deal. When I was first married in 2001, I was about 40 lbs overweight (169lbs). My husband loved me unconditionally of course, but I know he longed for those days 5 years earlier when I was just 130lbs. He thought I was HOT! ;) It made me feel great about myself and I had a lot of confidence.

After being married for 3 years, we decided to have a baby. I gained about 40lbs during my pregnancy and peaked at 204lbs. After having the baby, I promised myself to lose weight. I started out slowly walking my baby around the neighborhood. Then I started jogging with her in the jogging stroller. When she was just 6 months old, I competed in a sprint distance triathlon (swim .5 mile, bike 12.6mile, run 3.1 mile). It was great and I looked fantastic. I was 135lbs.

Since then, I slowly inched back up to 171lbs. I started having knee issues this year and am in physical therapy...which meant no triathlon for me. That was really upsetting. I had to completely stop excercising too. :sad1:

Now, I have been ok'd to start the eliptical trainer slowly. I started doing it and going back to the gym feels great!! I have already lost 3 lbs!!! I am on my way....

Oh, and just started eating healthy again. Yesterday at Wal-Mart I passed up a Hershey bar, which I hesitated at. I was so proud of myself. :woohoo:

Welcome to Wish...sounds like your of to a good start...that was a huge weight loss from 204 to 135 in 6 months...wow

Yesterday, I visited my physical therapist. He had me doing all sorts of new exercises. It was great. I even started breaking a sweat!

Before going there, I took my daughter to mommy & me gymnastics class and ran around after her. Then, I dropped her off at preschool and headed to the gym. I thought I would have enough time to do the eliptical trainer and swim, but I only had time for one. I chose the eliptical trainer. I did it for 25 minutes on the fat burn program, which is lower than the cardio. It felt good and was starting to get easier for me.

I thought I had an ok day with excercise and really didn't overdo eating. When I got on the scale this morning I couldn't beleive my eyes...I actually weighed myself 3 times just to make sure. I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!:yay:

Awesome way to start the day!

Jaime, thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Yes, it was quite a thing to lose all that baby weight and more. All my friends and family were telling me how great I looked and how they couldn't believe I lost all that. I'm looking forward to that again in the near future. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter