Jennifer and Luke's PJ/TR NY/WDW HM 6/6/2010,Wedding photos up! 12/08

thanks. At least i'm not alone in not knowing who to ask. I am afraid that the old friend won't really be there, she just wanted to hang with my MOH (who she considers HER best friend! why are girls so weird?) but since I started making plans for the wedding, my sister-in-law has been defending me and trying to be super helpful. Even talking about it with my mom and her mom when I wasn't even around. Which for her is extremely abnormal. she was the most annoying bride ever, and was weird when we got engaged. So it makes me feel better when considering her because she is caring about it without me asking. (and sort of offered herself saying she would be the best bridesmaid ever) i'm gonna stop babbling now. ;)

LOL, what your talking about really reminds me of the stuff that I went through in high school, girls can be so clickish sometimes. Thank goodness it wasn't that way in college. :lmao: Anywho if the only reason your MOH's friend wants to be in your party is so that she can hang out with your MOH then you should definitely think about it before you put her in your party, because when your potential bridesmaid comes along with you and your MOH for dress fittings and such you don't want to feel like the third wheel especially when they are suppose to be there for you.

We are also renting points for part of our honeymoon. We are staying in a Studio at the Boardwalk with a Boardwalk view for only $800 for 5 nights. We are using our free night for our last night (Poly).

DVC is a timeshare based on points. Each room cost $x per night depending on time of year, resort and size of room. Then owners will rent out their points if they aren't using them. My points were $12 per point (a bit high). So we get to stay at a fab resort for a much lower price!! BWV is my favorite resort!

How do you go about the DVC? You pay for the membership yea? It sounds great but I'm trying to weigh my options because we don't have the money to drop, ya know? :confused:

How do you go about the DVC? You pay for the membership yea? It sounds great but I'm trying to weigh my options because we don't have the money to drop, ya know? :confused:

Well yes if you want to BUY into DVC...memberships start close to $15,000.

What we are talking about is "renting" from someone who already owns. I found my renter right here on the boards. He made a reservation for me, I signed a contract and then paid him. A room that normally goes for almost $400 a night cost me less than half that!! Our discounted rooms through Disney were $190 just for Port Orleans so this was a great deal for us!

LOL, what your talking about really reminds me of the stuff that I went through in high school, girls can be so clickish sometimes. Thank goodness it wasn't that way in college. :lmao: Anywho if the only reason your MOH's friend wants to be in your party is so that she can hang out with your MOH then you should definitely think about it before you put her in your party, because when your potential bridesmaid comes along with you and your MOH for dress fittings and such you don't want to feel like the third wheel especially when they are suppose to be there for you.

thats exactly how I have been feeling! See we use to all be like the 3 musketeers? but....they were the ones who always got the attention, which when we were kids upset me. Now whatever I don't care. But it kind of always goes back to that. I don't want to feel left out when its my wedding. DRAMA I am the first to get married so its like a huge deal for everyone, no one knows what to do. Its always been known that my MOH was my MOH before I was even engaged. We have been through too much and even she knew it, I didn't really have to ask. She was just like so what am I wearing?
If she wasn't in the wedding it would be even haha

Well yes if you want to BUY into DVC...memberships start close to $15,000.

What we are talking about is "renting" from someone who already owns. I found my renter right here on the boards. He made a reservation for me, I signed a contract and then paid him. A room that normally goes for almost $400 a night cost me less than half that!! Our discounted rooms through Disney were $190 just for Port Orleans so this was a great deal for us!

oh okay sorry I totally didn't get that. So besides here is there an easy way to find someone who will sell their points?

thats exactly how I have been feeling! See we use to all be like the 3 musketeers? but....they were the ones who always got the attention, which when we were kids upset me. Now whatever I don't care. But it kind of always goes back to that. I don't want to feel left out when its my wedding. DRAMA I am the first to get married so its like a huge deal for everyone, no one knows what to do. Its always been known that my MOH was my MOH before I was even engaged. We have been through too much and even she knew it, I didn't really have to ask. She was just like so what am I wearing?
If she wasn't in the wedding it would be even haha

oh okay sorry I totally didn't get that. So besides here is there an easy way to find someone who will sell their points?

I was apart of one of those 3 musketeer groups myself we all used to have so much fun together as kids, but every once and a while someone would say something about another person and then two people would gang up on one person or two people would go hang out together and wouldn't tell the other person. It was just so dizzling that I got fed up and left the group my sophmore year. I was so sick of the drama. I never heard a word from them until they found out I was getting married on facebook and now all the sudden they want to know when their invitations are coming in the mail. :rotfl2:

I was apart of one of those 3 musketeer groups myself we all used to have so much fun together as kids, but every once and a while someone would say something about another person and then two people would gang up on one person or two people would go hang out together and wouldn't tell the other person. It was just so dizzling that I got fed up and left the group my sophmore year. I was so sick of the drama. I never heard a word from them until they found out I was getting married on facebook and now all the sudden they want to know when their invitations are coming in the mail. :rotfl2:

so typical. girls suck! lets pray for a drama free wedding party :wizard:

As far as picking your bridal party goes - think of who you won't regret having chosen for the biggest day of your life in 20 years. :lmao: That's how my DF and I narrowed it down quickly. Absolutely no friends in our bridal party. It's no disrespect to them, but sometimes you have falling outs with friends, etc. I don't really want people in these photos where I'm someday questioning why we picked them. Lol. I personally thought it much safer to go with his and my own siblings and their spouses. :thumbsup2

And I, like Mandy, am renting DVC points for a BWV studio for mine and DF's honeymoon. We're staying for 5 nights also, and are doing so for $780! It's something like a third of the price. :eek: I've never been to WDW so it's all new to me, but I don't know that you could go wrong with any of the deluxe hotels. It's all about your preference. I liked the theming of BWV (and so did DF) so we decided upon that. For us it seemed romantic. So if you guys like the look of AKV better, then go for it!

I definitely recommend going to the DVC renting portion of the boards and requesting a reservation. Once you make that thread, you'll probably have all kinds of people interested in helping you out. If you don't want to do that, just look for renters posting their point availability. I know it sounds complicated, but it's not once you get the gist. ;)

Here, this link should help you out: DVC Rent/Trade Points FAQ.

Are you guys ever worried about posting wedding dresses because your DF might see it? I don't know why but thats in my head
okay so I should probably start by saying that the "theme" of my wedding is beachy. while it is not at a beach, I'm still really into it. (there is still water!) so thats why the color choices. so seashells, sea glass, sand. is what a lot of my stuff is going to be. I have decided on the center pieces. pretty much the only thing I have decided on. So let me put these up. my DF being the weirdo he is said he couldn't imagine what I wanted by just telling him so I had to draw it. I don't want flowers, i'm not huge on them and they are costly SO.
bevfabriccrafts_2063_281539679
bevfabriccrafts_2063_342306650
bevfabriccrafts_2067_132427935

bevfabriccrafts_2065_30643776
IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120-1.jpg

sorry for the silly drawings

saying all this...we are also adding Disney stuff into the wedding. my mom has hinted that I will get this cake topper
124-0807.jpg

so then I saw these
W4740_045lr.jpg

but I can also do beach themed. I don't want a beach cake topper, either disney or nothing. but there are these I like too
130-1602.jpg

they are cake cutter just close up
and these
130-1601.jpg

so as you can see i'm having a hard time deciding what things are beachy and what is disney.

ALSO....if anyone finds a Ariel and Eric wedding cake topper (in wedding clothes..) I would be ever so greatful, they are my favorite(clearly..)

As far as picking your bridal party goes - think of who you won't regret having chosen for the biggest day of your life in 20 years. :lmao: That's how my DF and I narrowed it down quickly. Absolutely no friends in our bridal party. It's no disrespect to them, but sometimes you have falling outs with friends, etc. I don't really want people in these photos where I'm someday questioning why we picked them. Lol. I personally thought it much safer to go with his and my own siblings and their spouses. :thumbsup2

And I, like Mandy, am renting DVC points for a BWV studio for mine and DF's honeymoon. We're staying for 5 nights also, and are doing so for $780! It's something like a third of the price. :eek: I've never been to WDW so it's all new to me, but I don't know that you could go wrong with any of the deluxe hotels. It's all about your preference. I liked the theming of BWV (and so did DF) so we decided upon that. For us it seemed romantic. So if you guys like the look of AKV better, then go for it!

I definitely recommend going to the DVC renting portion of the boards and requesting a reservation. Once you make that thread, you'll probably have all kinds of people interested in helping you out. If you don't want to do that, just look for renters posting their point availability. I know it sounds complicated, but it's not once you get the gist. ;)

Here, this link should help you out: DVC Rent/Trade Points FAQ.

Thanks this helps a bunch

The centerpieces will be lovely! :goodvibes And I know one way to get your beachy theme while including Disney!! (and I don't think you'll disagree considering what your avatar is :rolleyes1) You could always go with Ariel/Eric stuff!

The centerpieces will be lovely! :goodvibes And I know one way to get your beachy theme while including Disney!! (and I don't think you'll disagree considering what your avatar is :rolleyes1) You could always go with Ariel/Eric stuff!

I have def been looking but it seems hard to find. If you come across anything in your searches please let me know

Our honeymoon is in January so I will get back to you on how we liked it :goodvibes There are lots of restaurants around the area (Flying Fish, ESPN, Beaches and Cream, to name a few.) And there will still be plenty to cover if you are doing the Disney Registry. You just have to do what works for you. The process was pretty smooth with renting points and it saves so much, we paid $800 for 6 nights Boardwalk view (but we are going in value season too) Points will range, we paid about 9.40/point. If you have any questions just let us know.

The centerpieces are adorable. A Little Mermaid theme would be cute.

I did find a Ariel and Eric cake topper (like your avatar), but it's pricey.

http://www.enesco.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-enesco.tpl&product_id=137&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100&vmcchk=1&Itemid=100

:laughing: Those are all the ones I found too. I thought the one with Eric carrying Ariel was too cute.

:rotfl2: Great minds think alike!! And I've seen that one at DL, and it's adorable! :lovestruc If I was doing a beach wedding, that would definitely be my choice! Although I think that kiss the girl one is adorable too.. just pricey!

:laughing: Those are all the ones I found too. I thought the one with Eric carrying Ariel was too cute.

you guys are just the bestest. I just showed DF, who is lately wedding/disneyed out. (who could ever be?!) but he said he likes the dancing one. (of course right) and I said I liked the boat. I don't know :confused: I also don't know because (why cant you use the word C-O-S? it thinks im cursing..) I do like the cinderella glasses so should i still with that?
130-2814.jpg

so i guess i'll have to ponder it some more. this topic will probably come back up haha

Are you guys ever worried about posting wedding dresses because your DF might see it? I don't know why but thats in my head
okay so I should probably start by saying that the "theme" of my wedding is beachy. while it is not at a beach, I'm still really into it. (there is still water!) so thats why the color choices. so seashells, sea glass, sand. is what a lot of my stuff is going to be. I have decided on the center pieces. pretty much the only thing I have decided on. So let me put these up. my DF being the weirdo he is said he couldn't imagine what I wanted by just telling him so I had to draw it. I don't want flowers, i'm not huge on them and they are costly SO.
bevfabriccrafts_2063_281539679
bevfabriccrafts_2063_342306650
bevfabriccrafts_2067_132427935

bevfabriccrafts_2065_30643776
IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120-1.jpg

sorry for the silly drawings

saying all this...we are also adding Disney stuff into the wedding. my mom has hinted that I will get this cake topper
124-0807.jpg

so then I saw these
W4740_045lr.jpg

but I can also do beach themed. I don't want a beach cake topper, either disney or nothing. but there are these I like too
130-1602.jpg

they are cake cutter just close up
and these
130-1601.jpg

so as you can see i'm having a hard time deciding what things are beachy and what is disney.

ALSO....if anyone finds a Ariel and Eric wedding cake topper (in wedding clothes..) I would be ever so greatful, they are my favorite(clearly..)

I really like your drawings they are very creative. Are you using blue for the table runners and do you plan on using sashes around the chairs?

I really like your drawings they are very creative. Are you using blue for the table runners and do you plan on using sashes around the chairs?
i think i might do yellow table clothes? (that would be included...) and no sash just the white covers? yay or nay? am i adding too many colors? haha

i think i might do yellow table clothes? (that would be included...) and no sash just the white covers? yay or nay? am i adding too many colors? haha
Actually that sounds like a very nice color pallet, the accents should work really well together to get that beach feel.

Good morning ladies! So I don't have any wedding updates as of now, my next post will probably be able cakes because we were looking at toppers last night. BUT i do have something for you I thought you might like. I am an artist and in May I released a self-published mini comic. (my first ever :lovestruc ) the first few pages are about me and DF's first date so i thought I would post them.

The book is called "Swimming with Whales" (i'm obsessed with whales)

cover.jpg

cover
1-2.jpg

3-4.jpg

5-6.jpg

7-8.jpg

Hope you enjoy it. sorry the quality isn't great, i'm using a scanner at work so yea....These are only the first few pages there are 18 and it is all hand drawn, inked and painted by me. :yay:

okay so that is my update for now. sorry if its not really wedding or Disney related. today me and DF are going over honeymoon dates and resorts and guest list (I am writing and shipping STD cards tomorrow) so wish me luck!

ALSO because you guys were so incredibly awesome about finding me cake toppers......my next challenge is, can anyone find me Ariel and Eric Champagne flutes? I don't think they exist but its worth a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter