January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Will Visa Discounts be emailed to us or will we only find these on the Disney's site? Fingers crossed for a discount. Im a tad off budget so I'd like this to pull me back in range!

Will Visa Discounts be emailed to us or will we only find these on the Disney's site? Fingers crossed for a discount. Im a tad off budget so I'd like this to pull me back in range!
Probably neither, lol...I always find out about them here. Sometimes an email comes later that day, or that work...or not at all.

Last spring we had a pretty good Rumor about the FD release date and I had alarms set on my phone every 30 mins throughout the night. It seemed silly but I saw the online release almost as soon as it was up and was able to book 3 trips for family and friends online before the phone lines ever opened!! :)

Last edited:

I already have a package reservation and have been paying on it a little at a time. When I call about applying one of the discounts, how will that be done? Will I have to make a new $200 deposit?

I already have a package reservation and have been paying on it a little at a time. When I call about applying one of the discounts, how will that be done? Will I have to make a new $200 deposit?
If you are booking on an early release Disney Visa deal, you will need to make a $200 deposit/payment on that card (unless you already made a $200 payment using a Disney Visa card and maybe they can navigate that for you).

If you are booking on a general public release deal you shouldn't have to make any payment.

One additional comment here though, if you aren't able to make this change online, and hold times are long (which they typically are)... If you see what you want online (room category, dates, etc.) it may make sense to book a whole new vacation online with the discount and make the $200 deposit. Then when you finally get through on the phone you can just cancel your existing package and see if they can move those payments over to your new one (or they can refund and you can just make new payments). I only say this because sometimes while you're on hold for 1-2+ hours the rooms that are available can dry up quickly. When you see what you want, you gotta snag it, lol!

If you are booking on an early release Disney Visa deal, you will need to make a $200 deposit/payment on that card (unless you already made a $200 payment using a Disney Visa card and maybe they can navigate that for you).

If you are booking on a general public release deal you shouldn't have to make any payment.

One additional comment here though, if you aren't able to make this change online, and hold times are long (which they typically are)... If you see what you want online (room category, dates, etc.) it may make sense to book a whole new vacation online with the discount and make the $200 deposit. Then when you finally get through on the phone you can just cancel your existing package and see if they can move those payments over to your new one (or they can refund and you can just make new payments). I only say this because sometimes while you're on hold for 1-2+ hours the rooms that are available can dry up quickly. When you see what you want, you gotta snag it, lol!
Ok thanks! So if I do get through on the phone, they can just transfer the discount to my existing reservation? I'm not using a Disney visa.

Ok thanks! So if I do get through on the phone, they can just transfer the discount to my existing reservation? I'm not using a Disney visa.
Yes. Good luck, hope they are release soon and you get what you want!

January used to be our time to go, we went every end of January, usually arriving the week before the Super Bowl.

Evenings would go down into the 40s or 50s at the extreme, Daytime would be anywhere from low 70s to 80's. We always packed shorts and long pants and brought layers of clothing. Also you must bring scarves, gloves and hats. Be prepared for it to be very chilly and you won't regret it. Parks empty out when it's cold, people somehow thing it's Florida - it's hot. I've seen people really suffering in shorts and t-shirts when it's around 55 degrees. That's cold!

We've stopped going because of school, and also because we drive and there's been some bad snow during that time.
Well I'm from New England so 50's are not freezing to us lol..... but thanks for the heads up we will be sure to pack for cold weather as well.

Well I'm from New England so 50's are not freezing to us lol..... but thanks for the heads up we will be sure to pack for cold weather as well.
I only packed one sweatshirt and one pair of pants per person because I figured we are from New England and anything in the 50s would feel nice compared to home, but after like day 2 of feeling constantly chilly I regretted my decision to not pack a little more for layering. This time I plan on making sure the kids have a couple pairs of pants and long sleeves and just make sure I bring laundry detergent in case we need them the whole time.

Are you able to book with the Disney Visa discount online? I've always done it on the phone, but would prefer to do it online. If you book online, is the Disney Visa discount posted on the Disney website? Or is there a link on the Chase website?

Are you able to book with the Disney Visa discount online? I've always done it on the phone, but would prefer to do it online. If you book online, is the Disney Visa discount posted on the Disney website? Or is there a link on the Chase website?
The last few discount releases the Visa promo has been available online. While there are no guarantees that will continue, I'd certainly expect it again this time. Once you know the discount is released if you price a package it usually is one of the pricing options available. When you get to checkout it will require the $200 deposit on a Disney Visa.

Newbie here :tongue:

But would it be best to go ahead and book a trip for January/February and have something booked? Or wait til the possible "discounts" come out?

Newbie here :tongue:

But would it be best to go ahead and book a trip for January/February and have something booked? Or wait til the possible "discounts" come out?

It really is personal choice. I have a pkg booked for January as we are going regardless so I chose to book to ensure I got a room at the resort and category I wanted.

Others choose to wait and have valid reasons for that too.

It really is personal choice. I have a pkg booked for January as we are going regardless so I chose to book to ensure I got a room at the resort and category I wanted.

Others choose to wait and have valid reasons for that too.

So if a discount does come into play, would I just call and add that discount to my current package?

So if a discount does come into play, would I just call and add that discount to my current package?

You can try to and some people successfully do this but other times people need to book a brand new reservation and then cancel the first one.

I will say this is the first time in a very long time that I've been waiting for an offer to drop. For the past number of years we have booked BounceBack reservations but unfortunately gave our bb up when Irma was scheduled to arrive the same time we were. I felt Disney wasn't big enough for both of us so we stepped aside.

If your reservation is already attached to My Disney Experience you can change the reservation my hitting modify reservation. After hitting modify a button will come up that says check for current special offers. It will check for your current resort and if none are available it will gave an alternative resort. If you do not like the alternative just hit cancel and you will go back to original reservation. I know it works for the public discounts I do not know about visa, I have been able to do this several times instead of calling or making a new reservation.

If your reservation is already attached to My Disney Experience you can change the reservation my hitting modify reservation. After hitting modify a button will come up that says check for current special offers. It will check for your current resort and if none are available it will gave an alternative resort. If you do not like the alternative just hit cancel and you will go back to original reservation. I know it works for the public discounts I do not know about visa, I have been able to do this several times instead of calling or making a new reservation.

I went to My Disney Eperience just to check out the process (I have a reservation for 15 nights with tickets and DDP liked to my account) but I cant find the "Modify" you mentioned, it lets me see the reservation but it says that if I want to modify it I have to call a phone number. Im I just not seeing it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter