January 2023 park hours?

Does anybody know what the heck is going on January 20th at IOA? They are closing the park at 1 pm that day, I sincerely hope that is a mistake cause that is one of my days there.
As mentioned, the entire month is up on the app. Looks like they’re still working it through on the website - that 1PM close has been moving around but on the app things look normal.

@spewey I see 1 pm close on IOA on 20th on both the app and the website, I haven't seen it move around at all. Do you have any screenshots?

Last edited:
Oh, I see that now. Maybe I missed it when I checked; I guess I didn't think much of it as at one point, when the hours for IOA just had the first two weeks up on the website, it showed January 13th as closing at 1PM. So I assumed that was a glitch, or mistake to be corrected, which it was.

So I assume again that the 20th will change as well. I can't imagine why they'd have such an early close on some random day in January, but who knows. Hope to find out soon what the real deal is.

Weird. Nothing to do with Rock the Universe, that is the following weekend.

And just now I see it back to an 8 PM closing!

Yeah the fact that early entry was moved up an hour is making me wonder if something is going on. Really sucks if it is for real cause not only does that cut off one park for us for half a day but it is going to push up wait times at the other park for that half of the day. I'm glad I have a longer trip planned this time cause if I was there for the usual short weekend trip I'd be ticked. We purposely planned our trip around all the Orlando Informer meetups, rock the universe, mardi gras concerts, etc. Getting impossible to schedule for a decent time anymore

Yeah the fact that early entry was moved up an hour is making me wonder if something is going on. Really sucks if it is for real cause not only does that cut off one park for us for half a day but it is going to push up wait times at the other park for that half of the day. I'm glad I have a longer trip planned this time cause if I was there for the usual short weekend trip I'd be ticked. We purposely planned our trip around all the Orlando Informer meetups, rock the universe, mardi gras concerts, etc. Getting impossible to schedule for a decent time anymore
I think I'm a bit confused by this. Are you referring to early entry in January being at 8AM, and only at one park? EE is always one hour before open , and usually at just one park, and open is almost always at 9AM, except for super-busy times.

@sewey the early entry I'm referring to is the day of the 1 pm close they had moved EE to 7 am. All the other days were at 8 am but that specific one was moved to 7. But hopefully this discussion is all for nothing and the 1 pm close was a mistake!

Weird. Nothing to do with Rock the Universe, that is the following weekend.

And just now I see it back to an 8 PM closing!
We will be there during Rock the Universe but do not plan to attend at all. Does Universal close to guests once that concert starts?

We will be there during Rock the Universe but do not plan to attend at all. Does Universal close to guests once that concert starts?
Only the Studios park closes at 6 PM on the 27th and 28th, IOA is open until 9 PM. Not really much earlier than the 7 PM closing for Studios other days that week. I've never gone to that event so I am not sure how they enforce the closing time for day guests.

Only the Studios park closes at 6 PM on the 27th and 28th, IOA is open until 9 PM. Not really much earlier than the 7 PM closing for Studios other days that week. I've never gone to that event so I am not sure how they enforce the closing time for day guests.
Oh it says the event starts at 4pm so I was wondering if that meant Studios closes for non-concert goes at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter