January 2015....Let the planning begin!

dmoore718

If you think being a firefighter is tough, try bei
Hello All!!!!!! I wanted to get the party started for January 2015 since we are finally one year away!! :cool1:

We are a family of 5, all 3 kids now over 3 y.o. who goes to WDW every 2 years. I would LOVE to go every year, but that's just not in the budget currently....especially since I just started nursing school :hippie:

Below is a pic of us from 2013....not sure why it's so big..I'll have to work on that..LOL

We are hoping to go to WDW January 3-10 2015, driving from Philly...we drove in 2013 and it was great!! Last time we stayed in a Nemo suite at AOA but since AOA was not included in discounts this past January, we are hoping to stay at either POR or family suite at AS Music. I plan Disney trips as my part time job while in nursing school and if I get some of the scholarships I recently applied for...then this trip is a GO for sure!! fingers crossed, good vibes and pixie dust, please :worship:

We did the DDP last trip for the first time after 2 trips with QSDP and now we will never go back!! We LOVED having sit down meals every day and our kids are finally old enough to enjoy them as well. We always do base tix since I think that the kids would be worn out with park hoppers at this age.

So far our plans are to drive from PA, check in on saturday at Clarion Suites Maingate we paid $52 on priceline last year and loved it for one night. Then drive over to our Disney resort and start our package!!! To save money, we are likely going to do Sunday to Saturday on the Disney package and stay another night at Clarion at the end of the trip.

Anyway,pixiedust: keep your arms and legs inside the ride vehicle at all times and let the planning begin!!!

Share your January 2015 plans here!!! :tigger:

castlepic_zpse700800b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wow am I first here? I couldn't find a fb group. I'd be happy to start one or help manage. We are taking our in laws hopefully (MIL is recovering from a massive heart attack that put her in the hospital over the holidays) for their first trip ever to WDW. We are planning for the last week in Jan right now. Can't wait! :goodvibes

wow am I first here? I couldn't find a fb group. I'd be happy to start one or help manage. We are taking our in laws hopefully (MIL is recovering from a massive heart attack that put her in the hospital over the holidays) for their first trip ever to WDW. We are planning for the last week in Jan right now. Can't wait! :goodvibes

YAY!!!!!!!!! Would love a FB group!!! So excited!!

Welcome to you both!! :welcome:

We have lots of celebrating to do!! I'm in nursing school and will be getting ready for my final semester! I found out 2 years ago that I had a stage 0/pre cancerous breast tumor so I had it removed and go every year for MRI/mammogram and take the breast cancer drug Tamoxifen so we will be celebrating another year with a clear MRI!!! (hopefully!) Also, DH and I will be married 10 years and turning 40 this year so I've convinced him that we NEED this trip! LOL

So excited!:banana:

YAY!!!!!!!!! Would love a FB group!!! So excited!!

Welcome to you both!! :welcome:

We have lots of celebrating to do!! I'm in nursing school and will be getting ready for my final semester! I found out 2 years ago that I had a stage 0/pre cancerous breast tumor so I had it removed and go every year for MRI/mammogram and take the breast cancer drug Tamoxifen so we will be celebrating another year with a clear MRI!!! (hopefully!) Also, DH and I will be married 10 years and turning 40 this year so I've convinced him that we NEED this trip! LOL

So excited!:banana:

Hooray! I'll get one started and post the link here. Once you're in there would you like to help me moderate it? I know groups like that can have issues sometimes. That's so great about the nursing school, no cancer and 10 years of marriage! What a lot of wonderful to celebrate! :thumbsup2 Where do you think you'll be staying?

oh sorry I see you already said where you want to stay. I think we will be staying at ASMo

Maybe being overly optimistic but hoping to go Jan 2015. We have done fall our last three trips and I want to go back to a Jan/Feb trip. Thinking Feb initially but since my oldest DD turns 16 in January 2015 I thought going for her bday might be awesome (she is a fellow Disney addict).

I would stay at either Pop (2 rooms) AsMo (2 rooms) AsMusic suite, AoA suite or Ft. W cabin depending on budget/offers.

It is nice being so early in the planning stages again.

:welcome:
Also feel free to click on the above link and join the FB group as well, if you like.
We always go in January and love it!!

Maybe being overly optimistic but hoping to go Jan 2015. We have done fall our last three trips and I want to go back to a Jan/Feb trip. Thinking Feb initially but since my oldest DD turns 16 in January 2015 I thought going for her bday might be awesome (she is a fellow Disney addict).

I would stay at either Pop (2 rooms) AsMo (2 rooms) AsMusic suite, AoA suite or Ft. W cabin depending on budget/offers.

It is nice being so early in the planning stages again.

Lurking/joining in!

We've got two trips planned this year, so January won't be on the brain for a while. I'm happy to live vicariously through you guy's plans until we go in October, and hopefully get a stellar bounceback to book Jan on!

pixiedust: Welcome!!:cheer2:

Lurking/joining in!

We've got two trips planned this year, so January won't be on the brain for a while. I'm happy to live vicariously through you guy's plans until we go in October, and hopefully get a stellar bounceback to book Jan on!

Planning my 40th Bday trip the last week of January.

Maybe rent studio at VGF or split stay POR/GF or BC.

Just requested to join facebook group - looking forward to planning with you all!

:welcome: We are also celebrating our 40th birthdays and our anniversary!! So excited...I see you in the group!!! Can't wait for July to book the trip and make ADR's!

Planning my 40th Bday trip the last week of January.

Maybe rent studio at VGF or split stay POR/GF or BC.

Just requested to join facebook group - looking forward to planning with you all!

Let's chat resorts (because it's one of my favorite things to obsess over)...what are we all thinking? Value? Moderate? Deluxe? Is anyone a DVC member?

We're thinking a moderate. I want CSR but my sister wants POFQ...I usually do the booking, but we'll see who wins!

Hey folks.

So after a successful October 2012 trip, my girlfriend and I have decided on a January 2015 trip as our next one.

The last trip was my girlfriend's first Disney trip, and outside of slightly higher than expected temperatures, larger than expected crowds, and a small bout of illness, things went fairly smoothly. So in an effort to avoid two of those issues (Crowds & Heat) we decided on January.

We're deciding on three possibilities: a 6-day trip, a 5-day trip, and a 4-day trip.

The six day trip would allow us five full park days with a rest day in between (after three park days, leaving two park days afterwards) that we could use to sleep in an otherwise visit non-park places. (Boardwalk, Downtown Disney, Miniature Golf, etc.) The five day trip would be the standard five days of parks trip, same as last time, and the four day trip would be four park days, and only exists if we decide we want to cut down on our costs a bit.

The factor is price, really. I'm patiently waiting for the ability to book our room, tickets, and dining plan to pop up in July so that I can nail down prices for all three outcomes.

The wait continues.

Hey everyone:wave2:
This will be our first January trip...usually go during the summer. I simply can't wait to try the new experience. Just noticed...I think I better update my signature!

Off to join FB group after that!

Let's chat resorts (because it's one of my favorite things to obsess over)...what are we all thinking? Value? Moderate? Deluxe? Is anyone a DVC member?

We're thinking a moderate. I want CSR but my sister wants POFQ...I usually do the booking, but we'll see who wins!

Oh yes...lets! I will be traveling with my DH, DD (23), DS (20). Sometimes DD's Boyfriend comes with us. On our last few trips we had two rooms because of DD and BF. Over Christmas break, we went to Hersheypark for one night...DS got WWE tickets. Well....

On that trip I vowed NEVER AGAIN WILL THE FOUR OF US BE IN ONE ROOM! And...it was only for one night.

Given that and the budget (unless we all get a glorious discount code :wizard:), we are thinking moderate.

I think we want to try a new one. We've been to CBR many times. I am looking at POFQ and POR...depends on codes that come out. If I do POFQ, I would do a Garden View and if I do POR, I would book a preferred room.

BTW love the name! DD is Emily too!

Value resorts, now and forever.

I go to Walt Disney World for the parks and other entertainment, not for the room. The room is a place for me to sleep and bathe, otherwise, I'm at freakin' Walt Disney World, why would I be in the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter