January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part III !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I got out of town for the day and come back to a new thread!

We went to my in-laws for a Bonfire Party. They live in the country and Belle saw cows for the first time. (My parents live on a farm, too, but they have horses- in case you remember me mentioning their farm.) She has not stopped "Mooing" all night.

I had real smores tonight, Shelly. I hope LeCellier can beat that!:laughing:

Goodnight Everyone!:wizard:

Hi all,

I am so excited. My mom and I are headed to Caribbean Beach Resort(Hopfully Aruba) to celebrate New Year's and the completion of my student teaching.
So far we have reservations for:
12/29 Garden Grill @ 7:40

12/30 Hollywood and Vine @ 3:30 (Fantasmic Dinner Package)

12/31 Boma's @ 7:40 ( not 100% sure on this one)

1/4 Chef Mickeys @ 10:00

Does anyone have any other options for New Years Eve Dinner?
We also really want to eat at Le Celluar(sp?) but it is all booked up. Any suggestions?

Molly

Welcome, Molly!:banana:

I'm so glad I found you! I was just heading off to bed after getting caught up in digital scrapbooking tutorials and I thought I'd pop on one last time to see how far we got. Saw Mama Snowbirds post about #3 and thought I just better check it out. I know you couldn't live without me!:lmao:

Catch all my peeps on the flip side! Nighty night!:rotfl:

Just wanted to say hello!:wave2:

Come on Snowbirds! :goodvibes Are we even going to finish the other thread? :confused3 We have like 3 pages to go to fill it up! :thumbsup2 II feel like this doesn't even count until we finish the other one! ;)

YAY New Thread of course I would have to jump in and get started chatting away!!

Welcome to all the new snowbirds out there!!!!

Yep, we need to fill up the other one. Mama Snowbird wouldn't be happy if we didn't! :rotfl2:

No one wants an unhappy Mama snowbird...:confused3 Guess we should head back to that one...although Part III is just so inviting..the higher the number the closer the trip RIGHT???? LOL

Wow it's late here but I just wanted to catch up on what I missed this weekend. I've been busy and looks like y'all have been busy chatting...new thread again.

Carrie...allow me to introduce myself...I'm Amanda or mana_liz (as my sister calls me)

I didn't see a new QOTD...hope I didn't miss it.

Shelly: Glad the rain stopped...we went trick-or-treating at Greenfield Village Friday night...and it sprinkled just about the whole time...glad it wasn't really cold though.

Kimberly: Glad your cat came home...hope everything checks out alright at the vet

Well, I'm off to bed finally...I went with some girlfriends and my older sister to see New Kids on the Block tonight...so I have Step by Step running through my head...we had a great time and a great show...laughed alot because of all the old T-shirts and people dressed like the 80's again

Tomorrow it's off to Birch Run and Frankenmuth for chicken and shopping.

Hope everyone has pleasant dreams and good day tomorrow.

Amanda :)

I read that as "chicken shopping" - no and. I was thinking "Wow, really? I didn't know you could buy chickens there. Have the outlets changed that much since July?!" ;)

My hubby as federal jury duty tomorrow. I think he might be one of the very few people i know who doesn't complain about jury duty (he's complaining that it's interrupting his marathon training, but that's it!) and, of course, one of his good buddies is an FBI agent. The chances of him sitting on any trial are pretty slim. That works for me, though - we're a one car household and the jury duty is in Detroit. We're about 45 miles away and he has to be there tomorrow at 7:45. We usually leave the house for work at that time!!

I think he might be the last person in the world to find out what my surgery will be, especially if I end up telling all of you when I get back from the doctor's office! ;)

Today, we're off to a local fiber fair. I wonder if there's any good yarn left!! It's all the handspun stuff which has so much more character than the store stuff. After that, DH needs new running sneakers again. Good thing his Vikings aren't playing this week... we might *gasp* miss part of the game, otherwise! :laughing:

Hello fellow snowbirds. I found part three. Woo Hoo!! We are all closer to our vacations!!:cool1: :cheer2:

I will try to go back and post on the last thread to help finish it off.

Good morning Snowbirds! I'm hardly able to move right now from all the dancing I did yesterday. I just have to dance a little bit today and then I have to line up all the girls that are trying out. Shouldn't be too bad, but I'm very, very sore right now. I guess that super hot bath last night didn't do me any good! Oh well. I'm used to it. I hope that everyone has a great Sunday and GO BILLS!

We received conflicting news yesterday. My MIL has now decided to be with us for 2 days of Disney out of our 13 day trip.

Originally our trip was to be with 16 other extended family members. One by one they couldn't come due to this and that, which left only our family going. We then planned out each day and made all our ADRs, some at what others are saying hard to obtain places or times.

Now my MIL is going to be in Florida for one of the weeks we are there visiting her parents, and willing to drive up to stay off site and spend 2 days at Disney with us.

We of course are ecstatic that we can have alone time with just her at Disney. Our problem (yes DH has the same hesitations) is that she doesn't like all parks equally and can we change ADRs to add one more person even though she will be paying OOP and not on the DP? We might have to change around our plans too. This is doable, just a shock that came unexpectedly. We will hold off on changing any of our reservations until we know she is definitely going and what exact dates she will be there for.

I want to stress that we are happy to have her be with us for 2 full days of Disney. Last trip she went most often with DH's sister's family, thus we have her all to ourselves for this trip.

Thanks Remmy

HI!!!! I left yesterday and come back to a new nest!!!!! WOW!! We are really flying!!Also,---I am loving my ticker!!! I think it's finally moving!!!!! :yay: :cheer2:

Well, my hubby(since we are bragging) took me to the mall yesterday and bought me JEANS!!Remember when we had the blue jean discussion a while back? Well, I hate shopping for me-I am a weird fit, anyway, we went to Buckle. Loooove those jeans!!So, that was great. Well, I usually go to the mall during the week-lots less people. Oh my---it was packed and one girl checking us out said'Well, it' the first official Christmas shopping weekend" . I didn't know that. Did you? Well, here I am practically finished;) I would have thought the first weekend of November:confused3

Okay, are we going to be at Part IV before our trips? HeHe~~

Okay, Here's my personal countdown:
Less than one week-Halloween
5weeks til Thanksgiving and my moms birthday
6 weeks til my older son (Saylor) turns 13
9 weeks til Christmas!!!
11 weeks til we are back to school for (3weeks of school while I count down day to myself!!)
13 weeks til our little SURPRISE!!!!

Wow those Holiday weeks are going to fly!! I am sooo glad we are all going together and can discuss this!We have lots of secrets between us!!!

Well, my hubby(since we are bragging) took me to the mall yesterday and bought me JEANS!!Remember when we had the blue jean discussion a while back? Well, I hate shopping for me-I am a weird fit, anyway, we went to Buckle. Loooove those jeans!!So, that was great. Well, I usually go to the mall during the week-lots less people. Oh my---it was packed and one girl checking us out said'Well, it' the first official Christmas shopping weekend" . I didn't know that. Did you? Well, here I am practically finished;) I would have thought the first weekend of November:confused3

That is crazy! It does get earlier and earlier every year. I did some of my shopping online yesterday and just ordered my Christmas cards today, so I guess it holds true for me - it was my first weekend! Maybe all retailers in the country just watch me and plan accordingly? :rotfl:

Just an update, we are there jan 11-15 at SSR and here are our dining reservations:

Jan 11 LeCellier
Jan 12 Chef Mickey's
Jan 13 Mama Melrose
Jan 14 Turf Club!

We received conflicting news yesterday. My MIL has now decided to be with us for 2 days of Disney out of our 13 day trip.

Originally our trip was to be with 16 other extended family members. One by one they couldn't come due to this and that, which left only our family going. We then planned out each day and made all our ADRs, some at what others are saying hard to obtain places or times.

Now my MIL is going to be in Florida for one of the weeks we are there visiting her parents, and willing to drive up to stay off site and spend 2 days at Disney with us.

We of course are ecstatic that we can have alone time with just her at Disney. Our problem (yes DH has the same hesitations) is that she doesn't like all parks equally and can we change ADRs to add one more person even though she will be paying OOP and not on the DP? We might have to change around our plans too. This is doable, just a shock that came unexpectedly. We will hold off on changing any of our reservations until we know she is definitely going and what exact dates she will be there for.

I want to stress that we are happy to have her be with us for 2 full days of Disney. Last trip she went most often with DH's sister's family, thus we have her all to ourselves for this trip.

Thanks Remmy

:hug: Good luck! It will be a nice treat, but as an OCD planner I can appreciate the pain of changing plans! I don't think it's a problem to add someone who's paying OOP...

Hello Snowbirds,

Happy Sunday.

Distherapy, thank you for your kind thoughts. I wanted to tell you I read the trip report you posted and just had to laugh along with you with some of your adventures. I sometimes need to know how to relax on vacation, especially at Disney. It will be hard with all my new found knowledge thanks to all Snowbirds and this DIS board.

I too am basically done all my Christmas shopping. I try to shop throughout the year so it doesn't hurt the pocket book so much at the end of the year. I am trying to convince the children that the Christmas tree will look a bit bare this year. With DH's job loss and our up coming trip. I keep trying to convince them there will be lots at Disney they will want and if we overspend at Christmas we will have nothing for Disney. Easy for DD who remembers some of her last visit at age 6, but hard for DS who was only 18 months at the time. Anyway, we will be surprising them with the lunch at CRT and Pirate Cruise and Alice tea party. We will include pictures with the small write up so they can understand what the gift is. I am thinking of doing it up as invitations.

It is cold in our area today and I think I saw a few stray snowflakes come down. I hope it can hold off until after Hallowe'en.

happy Sunday to all

Well You guys sure were chatty after I left Fri. AS usual it was just insanely crazy here Sat. A little bit calmer now so catching up on the baking for the day & waiting for the after church rush. Right now it is sunny but 40 out they are calling for rain/snow tonight & mon. Yikes!!

Taking DD & her BFF to see HSM3 after work. She saw it Fri with a Bday party but wants to take a dif friend now. oh well I can load up on yummy movie popcornpopcorn::

kayte

Just checking in with my Peeps! It's been a pretty lazy day here. My son is with friends at a birthday party, seeing the new Star Wars cartoon movie. We took my friend's daugther in exchange, since she didn't want to go along with her brother and all those boys. So, we've got lots of giggling going on in this house. Scot just came into my office and said, "Little girls are annoying!" :lmao:

I'm doing some scrapbooking and housecleaning. That's about it.

So, hopefully you all are having a terrific day! :rotfl: I noticed my ticker is getting really close to the 2 month mark!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter