Jamie's Journal (comments welcome please!)

Stuck scale syndrome just stinks plain and simple. We have all been there, just hang in there, keep doing what you are doing and it will come down! It was cold on Sunday, but spring is back at least! You are really doing well with your food. I checked airfare and saw that United is cheap. I am about done with Frontier, I love them but they always change the flight times, our outgoing flight home in October is now leaving almost three hours later, getting us home much later on a school night than I wanted. This is about the 10th time they have done that! So it looks like Ted will be my new carrier. Still keeping my fingers crossed you make that trip! And don't workout too quickly, sore knees are nothing to mess around with.

Jamie, I do understand being at a plateau. I have been there with just a pound or two flucuation since last September. I have gotten down to 208, but seem to hang out at 210. I so want to be under 200 by my birthday in September. I either need to stare (which just messes up the metabolism even more) or change excercising. My DR doesn't want me to get crazy with it. He wants me to just walk, and if I do anything else, to do it twice as long as I think before changing anything else. Crazy, eh?

I sent a fairy over to your house to fix your scale for you. It will now start going down!

Take care and keep up the positive thoughts!

Wendy

Hi Jamie:
Just popping in to send you some good vibes :goodvibes ! Hope the knee feels better soon, and you're able to get some exercise in this week...also hope that Wendy's fairy made it out to you, and fixed that darn scale! Gosh, plateaus stink!

Hang on in there, and Congratulations on such great airfare!!

Beth

Jamie, has the fairy madi it over? She did here, and it was down a pound, so only 1 1/2 of the 3 i gained while on third shift to go!

If she has been there, we should pass her along! :goodvibes

Have a great week!

Wendy

Hi Jamie,

Hope your week is going well. Here's some good vibes to help with your trip to Disney. :goodvibes

Hi, Jamie! I have been missing my WISH friends because life took over and I had no time to journal or visit journals for a long time.
THank you so much for your support!

Have I ever told you about my plateau? I know I whined and lamented about it continuously in my journal. I was literally within a 4 pound range for over a year. Up and down from 185-189 and everything in between for over a year! How frustrating! I could not believe what finally broke the plateau. I switched to Weight Watchers core, which is basically all lean meats & fish, whole grains, pasta or potatoes only once a day all the fruits and veggies I needed to feel full, and some very smart guidelines about healthy oils and non-fat dairy. In ONE WEEK, I was completely out of my plateau range. Can you imagine? I could have kicked myself for what I saw as essentially a wasted year when I could have been moving downward on the scale. I kept joking that I had the whole "maintaining thing" down pat, but obviously at a point where I really should still have been losing.
I hope it helps to know that others have gone through the same thing and come out on the other side without having gained out of frustration.

Keep up the good work, Jamie! Hey, can you tell us more about that steam and mash gadget? It sounds awesome!

Hugs, WISH friend! :hug:

Hey Jamie, hope you have a great weekend! We are supposed to have a nice one thank goodness! Hope the knee is better and that work settled down a bit!

I'm having a scale bashing party, Jamie. Wanna come????

Hang in there. It will eventually start moving again.

Have a Wonderful weekend! With gas prices, I'd jump on the $218 airfare to MCO.

Hi Jamie!

Hope all is going well. I saw that Julie is having a scale bashing party. Certainly sounds like something I want to be at!

Take care! The pixie dust fairy is out and about and I know you are on her list!

Wendy

Did I hear something about a scale bashing party? Count me in!! Just think of the calories we could all burn while scale-bashing!!

Hope you had a great weekend, Jamie! Happy Monday.
Beth

Hi girls...Wow it has been a while since I posted. I have been so busy that I have not had time. I log on and get started and then I get pulled away. Thanks to everyone for stopping by and sending your postive thoughts. I need them!!!

Last week was crazy. I didn't get home until 7 or after each night, I had to feed the dogs, the DH and myself. I didn't get any workout in except my walking. I am counting, it but it has not been much. Things are starting to get back to normal so I should be able to get caught up on journals.

The good news is that my bad knee stopped hurting, the swelling went down, but now my good knee is sore. I have no idea what I did to it. It's better today, still a little sore, so I didn't work out, just walked. I am going to try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

I have some really good news, I don't know if many of you remember all the drama with my middle sister or not, but if you don't here's a fast recap. My sister married a.....jerk, after they had their 6th child he got in trouble with the law, was put in jail. He then did several stupid things in several states, they had their 7th child and were homeless. They ran from state to state house to house. Finally they were back in CA and he was on probation. He decided that America was not treating him well, so he took my sister and the kids out of the country. The Honduras government picked them up and sent my sister and the kids back here while he was held in jail there. Once my sister got back to the states and away from him she started to change. I was getting my sister back. It has taken almost a year and a half but she is back to my sister. I found out last week that her divource should be final within the next few days. I am so proud of her.She is doing such a great job raising her 7 children on her own. She is getting some state assitance, but she is also working and trying to provide for her and the kids. She has done a great job. The reason I tell you all this, I want to thank each of you that had my sister and the kids in your thoughts. She needed all the help that she could get. I truley believe that all the good thoughts helped her realize that she didn't need that loser.

Anyway, Cam that steam and mash is awesome!!!! It will steam veggies, fruit and potatoes. So far we have only done potatoes. You fill the bottom with water, place a tub thing on it, then put your cut up potates in the bowl, it has holes in the bottom. Turn it on and the steam in the bottom goes up in the holes and steams the potates. It's great. You can set it up to 60 minutes and then you have to add more water. If not you can ruin the unit. If you have the attachement set up, when the timer is up, it will start to mash what ever you have in there. It will mash it for 1 minute and then you have to do it manual. The only thing I don't understand is the directions state that when the potatoes are done, add the milk and butter and then mash. The bowl had holes in it. The milk is going to go in the holes. So I take them out and mash them in a bowl. They are the best mashed potates I have ever had. So good and creamy!

Wendy, thanks for sending the scale fairy, I hope she can stick around for a while. I didn't weight myself last week, I was too busy and I didn't want to see the damage! I ate well, it was the lack of exercise.

Thanks to each of you for stoping by. I am going to try and get caught up on each of your journals tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great night and you are all the best!:hug:

Hi Jaimie
Great news about your sis, we should have a divorce party!
I'll have a Mai-Tai ;) Wheres my drinking partner Amy??

Seriously though, she must have had a very tough time & i am impressed, i struggle to raise 1 child!!! (2 if you count DH ;))

Glad the knee is recovering.
Hope work calms down this week!

OK drank my Mai-Tai, i'll have another.....hic

Hey...just read your post on my journal...I really needed the support...thanks:hug:

It is great to read you have your sister back...she must be a pretty fablous person to raise 7 children especially after everything she has gone through!

I am glad to hear your knee is better...I hope the other is still feeling better too.

Have a great week!:banana:

That's awesome news about your sister. It muct be a huge load off your mind (and hers!) that she's on track to getting her life back.

I'm glad one knee is better, but :( that the other one is worse. I wonder if it's mad because you've been favoring it while the "bad" knee was hurting. I know my joints do that from time to time.

I was happy to see you in my journal, and I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

I agree with Tracey, lets have a divorce party! That is such great news, I have been meaning to ask how your sister is. Its always a shame when a man can wreak such havoc on a woman's life. Your sister has risen above this situation and is to be commended. As are you for the love and support you have given her!

Your other knee is probably hurting because you put a lot of strain on it when the other one was out of whack. Hopefully it will get better soon! Good job keeping up with the walking, that is really something. I hope things settle down at work soon! Keep up the hard work, you are doing great!

That is great news about your sister, Jamie!:goodvibes I'm glad to hear that she is doing well and that she is getting along without her soon to be ex just fine. She sounds like an amazing woman, especially since she is raising 7 children!:goodvibes I am so happy for you that you have your sister back.:hug:

I bet your good knee hurts because you were trying to take the pain off of the bad knee. I hope it feels better soon!:wizard:

Keep on keeping on, Jamie! You're doing great!:cheer2:

Hello WISH'ers!

Thanks to each of you for your kind words on my sister. You all are the best and that is why I really enjoy coming here. Thanks again!!!

Yesterday was a good day I think! Didn't eat anything that I should not have but really wanted too! I wanted popcorn so bad I could taste it but I didn't have any. Water was good, I was able to get in my 100 oz again. I did work out, I walked for 20 minutes and then I also did the elliptical for 30 minutes. I was going to try and do more, but my knee started to hurt a little so I stopped. It's not too bad today, just a little pain when I get up. And only on my bad knee not my good one. My good one seems to be okay now.

My company was listed on the Amex stock exchange and we applied for the New York Stock Exchange and so now we are trading on the NYSE. So anyway, it was a big deal for us here at work, they ordered breakfast and juice and we were all able to watch our Executives ring the opening bell on Tuesday. So if any of you watched the opening of the NYSE, that was my company ringing the bell!!! So I skipped breakfast yesterday at home and had some here. It was pretty good!
Today we are having a cake to celebrate one of our employees earning US citizenship yesterday. I may have a small piece of cake if I have any. I am still trying to decide though!

Tuesday:
B @ 7:15 scrambled eggs, a few potatoes
S skipped
L @ 11:45 Healthy Choice cheese manicotti, gave the broccoli away!
S @ 2:30 1 cup lite yogurt
D @ 6:30 2 slices of pizza - two for Tuesday again. My DH loves Tuesdays!!!

That is about here for now....I need to go update my challenge numbers, I will do that and then get to other journals.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Hi Jamie, just catching up,great news about your sis,hope your knee feels better have a great week:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter