"Its tough to be a bug" refurbishment August.

I thought it was common for 1 of the water parks to close down for the whole winter, they don't keep both open do they?
Just done a little Googling
I thought they closed 1 then the other or just 1 all winter.

2008:
Typhoon Lagoon will close for refurbishment October 26, 2008 through March 21, 2009.

2006:
BB, closed 29th Oct 2006- 6th Jan 07, TL closed 7th Jan - 17th Mar 07

I just searched the 2 years but as far as I know each winter is the same, only 1 water park open from end Oct to end Mar.

I thought it was common for 1 of the water parks to close down for the whole winter, they don't keep both open do they?

As far as I can remember yes, there has always only been one waterpark open at a time between the end of October and early March. It has also always been BB to close first followed by TL. I think the closures are long, not for refurb or maintenance, but because it just isn't lucrative to keep both open in off season and in the cool weather

i don't know about the past 3 years, but before the US destroyed its economy, the waterparks used to close for 1 month at a time, unless there was a major upgrade....
all the years we visited, each one was closed for only a month - unless there was a major upgrade...

a few years ago they had to close down TL for several months to fix the wave pool - they had to discontinue the surfing class for a season before they were able to fix the wave pool...it took several months...i don't remember when that was.....maybe 3 years ago?
(by wave pool, i mean the wave machine itself)..

and before that, they shut it down for several months when they installed crush and gusher...

but other than those major refurbishments, it was only closed for about a month when we visited in the winter...but we haven't been in the winter for several years...

i just looked it up, i think the wave machine was fixed during the winter closing of 2008/2009...

until the fix, they had to stop running the surfing class (for which they use much larger surfing waves)....by the way, i highly recommend that class....really well done..

and crush and gusher was built during the winter of 2004/2005...

wow, i can't believe C&G has been around that long!!

i wasn't going to say anything - i was going to wait them out...
since yesterday they changed it and then 10 minutes later changed it back...

but it's been on the website for at least an hour now...

so...

according to disney.com, tough to be a bug is only closing for refurbishment on september 1.

But they did the same thing yesterday. So who knows, maybe someone's playing with me.
but i'm hoping it's a real change this time.

per disney.com as of 12:07 UK time:
It's Tough to be a Bug! - Closed For Refurbishment [ Thursday, September 01 - Friday, September 30 ]

Thanks for the update Beth. ITTBAB closure affects the first half of our trip. I guess we just have to do as always and monitor the updates

ok....so now i know there's someone at disney.com who's playing with me..
not that i'm paranoid or anything..

as of 3 PM UK time, it's gone back to August 15 as the close....

It's Tough to be a Bug! - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, August 15 - Friday, September 30 ]

ok....reveal yourself sir....who's the man behind the curtain?????????????? ;)

Maybe a bug! Pardon the pun

Have you emailed them and asked

:rotfl:

a bug that causes what they've posted to change every morning and then change back in the afternoon?

i guess i'm just going to have to wait and see when we get there...
it will either be open or closed...

:rotfl:

a bug that causes what they've posted to change every morning and then change back in the afternoon?

i guess i'm just going to have to wait and see when we get there...
it will either be open or closed...

It's just Disney's way of being consistent through inconsistency .... :rolleyes:

Ask a question and there will be at least 20 different answers - but only one will be correct at any given time. When Disney says "Subject to change at any time without prior warning ..." they're not kidding!!

It's just Disney's way of being consistent through inconsistency .... :rolleyes:

Ask a question and there will be at least 20 different answers - but only one will be correct at any given time. When Disney says "Subject to change at any time without prior warning ..." they're not kidding!!

you're too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
disney is just trying to drive me insane so i won't notice how much we're spending on this holiday!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

you're too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
disney is just trying to drive me insane so i won't notice how much we're spending on this holiday!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah, a distraction tactics - another smart marketing move by Disney ;)

I'm just waiting for the next lot of September and October park hours amendments, which will no doubt be released one month at a time, since my trip spans over 2 calendar months .....

Well there's a glimmer of hope I suppose! I arrive on the 15th of August... so would love to fit this in! It's one of those attractions that I've never done for some reason and was planning on doing it this year :confused3

I think you owe me a new pencil and eraser. I give up now, we will wait until we get there.:rotfl2:

i gave up a few days ago, i just thought i'd look for fun....

and now the hours page isn't working at all:

Error Processing Page- 500 Error
There was an error processing this page.

i want to meet whoever it is who's playing with me!! :)

Wait - I'm coming with you. I really don't think you should go alone ;)

and we can take our mickey six shooter water pistol as backup!!

ok....so.....this is very promising......it's already been two days since tough to be a bug disappeared from the closing list....
i'm sure it's just a mistake or they're messing with me....but it has been two days....so maybe there's hope!! (i need a praying hands or crossed fingers icon)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter