It's A Small World - A Never-ending Pre-trip Report

Arrived back yesterday had a great time.

Welcome back. I loved all the photos on Facebook.

You have some fabulous trips coming up.

I have to admit, I am getting rather excited.

It is nice to be able to walk or get the boat to Disney Springs. The shopping there is amazing. I found the Pandora store lethal lol.. Plus sprinkles..

I am really looking forward to checking out Disney Springs. I think the Pandora shop will definitely be a temptation.

With that DVC/Passholder 20% diecount on merchadise and some food just released it's all good!

That is wonderful news that the DVC discount has gone up to 20%, too.

Why not re Universal.

Two main reasons make me doubt that this is a good decision: The sheer cost involved and the fact that I don't do any of the big rides. I am OK with the rides at Seuss Landing and I have a soft spot for ET. I was able to tolerate The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man on a previous visit. I think I would probably be OK with Escape from Gringotts.

Have you ever done a horror night?

No, that is a bit too scary for my taste. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is more my style.

I was pleased to get Sofia the first. She has been on my list for some time. She was on the cruiseline.

Well done for catching her. The first time I met her was on the Disney Wonder.

But Marie keeps avoiding my autograph book! I must get her and I love that halloween outfit.

I don't think she hangs out at Walt Disney World anymore, but she is usually at Disneyland Paris in the mornings.

Oh! The Cheshire Cat!!

I know. I am so excited.

I have been to Universal twice now for a day visit with a two park ticket (which is vital now as you need to have access to both parks to see the Hogwarts Express). I would say for someone who loves Harry Potter, I would definitely recommend going there. There is plenty to see and explore with the two areas. Also, that time of year, especially if you can go there during the week, it should be fairly empty with short lines. When we were there the first week of December in 2014, we waited for nothing, everything was a walk on.

That all sounds promising.

I might actually if anyone would be interested?

I am definitely interested and would read along.

Corinna

The Cheshire Cat does meet and greets????? He is my SILs favorite of all time! And I also have quite the soft spot for him. Too cool!!!

Your Halloween trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

As does your November trip. I prefer Congress Park at SSR. The walkway to Disney Springs is so convenient.

I have found I really enjoy Universal, the HP areas are fantastic. As much as I love Disney, I liked seeing something different. It is quite pricey for a few days though.

The Cheshire Cat does meet and greets?????

Apparently he does at Disneyland Paris during the Halloween season. He is only out for 90 minutes each day, but I am happy to stand in line for as long as it takes to see him.

He is my SILs favorite of all time! And I also have quite the soft spot for him. Too cool!!!

I am so excited to get to meet him.

Your Halloween trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

I really hope so.

As does your November trip.

I wonder how this will all come together. I am very nervous about how the aftermath of hurricane Matthew will impact our plans.

I prefer Congress Park at SSR. The walkway to Disney Springs is so convenient.

I am looking forward to being walking distance from Disney Springs.

I have found I really enjoy Universal, the HP areas are fantastic. As much as I love Disney, I liked seeing something different. It is quite pricey for a few days though.

The way I have rationalised this is that on a number of occasions, we spent a similar amount for a day at Discovery Cove and though nothing of it. This is likely to be a once in a lifetime experience for us as neither of us is big on thrill rides.

Corinna

Have we talked about possibly getting together while you're here? So much has been happening I can't remember.

Excellent :) Remind me of your trip dates again? I can't remember are we overlapping trips. If not I'll make sure to request off whatever day is best for you.

We will arrive in Miami on November 23rd and will head to Vero Beach for three nights first. We will be at Saratoga Springs from November 26th to December 1st. I have tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for November 27th and 29th and this will be my only time in the Disney Parks.

Corinna

Could I join you for the party on the 27th? I've never done the Christmas party and Sunday is a good day to ask off.

Hi Corinna! Looks like you are off to Paris really soon! Am envious that you will have made it there twice in such a short time. :goodvibes And then you will have only two tickers still going, time to plan some more trips!!! :rotfl2:

Did you see the good news that there was only minor damage at Vero Beach and that they will be re-opening on Monday? Looks like your plans for November were not blown away by Matthew.

Are you planning on doing the 5K again next year? My sister and I are seriously considering it for next year, so maybe we will see you there.

Have a fabulous time at DLP with the Cheshire Cat (and all the other characters)!

Hi Corinna! Looks like you are off to Paris really soon!

Yes, one more day at work and then I will leave on Tuesday.

Am envious that you will have made it there twice in such a short time.

I am pretty happy about this state of affairs.

And then you will have only two tickers still going, time to plan some more trips!!!

I like your thinking.

Did you see the good news that there was only minor damage at Vero Beach and that they will be re-opening on Monday? Looks like your plans for November were not blown away by Matthew.

I had been trying to find out how Vero Beach got on. That is great news. I was worried that Matthew may make a u-turn and hit Florida again, but that fortunately now looks unlikely.

Are you planning on doing the 5K again next year?

Definitely. I have already booked the weekend off.

My sister and I are seriously considering it for next year, so maybe we will see you there.

It was so much fun and very well organised.

Have a fabulous time at DLP with the Cheshire Cat (and all the other characters)!

Thanks. I can't wait.

Corinna

It has been a pretty eventful week again in terms of planning. It also has been a very busy week in work terms so I did not get a chance to post an update here.

I finally got around to booking our shore excursions. We booked tickets for the Old Town Trolley for Boston. As Boston will be our first port of entry into the USA and we will have to clear immigration there, it is worth it paying a little extra for hopefully being able to be off the ship amongst one of the first people. If this does not work out, at least we have the security that we will not be out of pocket if we do not make our trolley. The jewellery artist that have been working with for years lives near Boston and she had suggested meeting up so hopefully we can meet up for lunch at Quincy Market. This is where the trolley ends and there are shuttles back to the ship from there.

In New York, we have booked an excursion for the first evening. This is mainly a bus tour to see the city all lit up, but it also includes tickets to one of the observation areas at the Empire State Building and some free time at Times Square. So that should be a nice evening. We have not booked an excursion for our full day in New York. We will take to public transport. The two areas I want to visit is Central Park and the 9 11 memorial. Thanks to the trip report from @jenseib we are planning on doing a carriage tour at Central Park. We won’t brave the 9 11 museum as I have read that even with pre-booked tickets the waiting times can be very long. The memorial itself should be a powerful enough experience.

At Port Canaveral, we have decided on an excursion to the Kennedy Space Centre. I am really excited about this. I have wanted to go there for years, but we never got around to it.

While I was booking the excursions, I noticed that an excursion has materialised for our first sea day. I was quite intrigued by this and decided to check this out. They are offering a try dive in the pool that day. I have always wanted to try SCUBA diving, but never quite got the courage to just go for this. I told Graham about this and as this is quite cheap, he was also up for this so I ended up booking this for both of us.

We still have a bit of planning to do for the land-based part of the trip, but the biggest decision has been made. I bought tickets for Universal as Graham's birthday present. This was a huge hit. He is really excited about this and I am really starting to look forward to this as well. Now I just have to make up my mind if I will invest in their version of PhotoPass.

Corinna

I would love it.

Corinna

Great, I'll book it, that will be great fun :)

All your plans sound lovely. I hope it will work out to have lunch with the jewelry lady :)

I think you're going to enjoy Universal. The Harry Potter areas are amazing, everything else is just extra. I know you mentioned the E.T. ride, I loved that. The Men in Black ride sounds very similar to Buzz, but I haven't been on it myself. The King Kong ride is brand new and very well done. You're in a big vehicle and go through scenes. Just a bit bumpy but nothing extreme.

I hope you'll like the scuba experience. There is nothing quite like being underwater and be able to stay there. It's magical to me.

Great plans! How great you will meet up with the Jeweller in Boston. The trolley tour sounds great. Interesting city. Nice move to clear immigration at this stage.

NY fabulous! Much better to pick and choose what you want. Interesting to see 9/11 now and Central Park with Autumn colours must be amazing.

Scuba diving! Yes please! How exciting. Thanks for mini trip report on DLP and the run. Will check this out.

Great, I'll book it, that will be great fun :)

Yay, I am really looking forward to this. I will PM you once I get back from Paris.

I hope it will work out to have lunch with the jewelry lady :)

So do I.

I think you're going to enjoy Universal.

I really hope so.

The Men in Black ride sounds very similar to Buzz

That is what I heard.

The King Kong ride is brand new and very well done. You're in a big vehicle and go through scenes. Just a bit bumpy but nothing extreme.

That sounds OK. Is it kind of the same set up to Dinosaur/ Indiana Jones at Disneyland?

There is nothing quite like being underwater and be able to stay there. It's magical to me.

As we both love snorkelling, that sounds like the logical next step.

Nice move to clear immigration at this stage.

I would prefer to do this in Miami at the end of the cruise so that it does not eat into port time. However, the law says otherwise.

Scuba diving! Yes please! How exciting.

I am really looking forward to it and as it is in the morning of the first full day, hopefully it is not too cold yet.

Corinna

Forgot to say neat that you got Universal tickets. I adore that ET ride! I am just as happy to wait in line in the forest as ride the bike...

Forgot to say neat that you got Universal tickets.

I am starting to really look forward to this. Graham was so excited to get the tickets and it is something different.

I adore that ET ride!

Me, too.

I am just as happy to wait in line in the forest as ride the bike...

I cannot remember the line at all.

I just spotted a promising link in your signature. I am heading over there now.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter