It's a New Year for a New You Super Goofs team thread

princessrunner

Real athletes run, others just play games...
Here we go Goofs, a new thread for the new year. I will create a new thread when we get near the 200 page limit so we don't slow down too much.

Keep posting your workouts and your goals (and yes Mike, post the preworkout so you can beat me on)!!

My goals for 2009 are:
Country Music full marathon-4/25/2009
Beach to Beacon 10K-8/1/09
Rock N Roll Virginia Beach half marathon-9/6/2009

Beyond that I have no plans but I am trying to work toward the Princess half in 2010 maybe, depending on the field hockey thing with DD in February.

I'm here....I'm off from work now until after the 1/2 and am very nervous but excited at the same time!! The weather report keeps changing but other than that, I think I am ready. My goal is to finish. That is all.

Short term...signing up for the WESH 2's Run Around the Universe 5k presented by Florida Hospital on 1/31 and the ESPN the weekend 5K on 2/28. Not sure about the Princess 1/2, maybe just the 5K because of the $$. Waiting to see if I change my mind once I see the medals at the expo on Thursday.

Have a great day everyone. I'm off for a couple of laps around my subdivision this morning before it heats up (sorry Northerns).

I understand.

I'm planning to get in my run today while it is 11 degrees...its supposed to skyrocket to 29 today, and then it is just too hot to run :rolleyes1

Nice to see you all here! It's a good idea to stay in touch!

I have been working out decently since I ran in the new year! I did take the second day of Jan off......just being lazy.

My goals so far for 2009

Delaware 1/2 marathon March, 2009 (would like to PR)
Country Music 1/2 marathon April 2009
****possibly Lehigh Valley 1/2 marathon a week later*****
Chicago 1/2 marathon August 2nd 2009
Virginia Beach Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon September 2009

We'll see how the goals go!

Beth

Are we all back together as a team? I have missed you all SO MUCH!! I will be so happy if we can continue this.

Gym has been so crowded with all the New Year resolutions. I have been picking up extra hours at work so I have not gotten in as many workouts as I would have liked but I have big plans this week. Of course today started off with a delayed opening!

1/1/09 3 miles on the ellipitical and 1/2 hour with trainer.

Finish the Madison IM (Sunday, Sept 30, 2009).

I'm doing several sprint triathlons and duathlons as part of training, and splitting the inaugural Champaign, IL marathon with my nephew and brother.

Also, not drowning during training.

Hi Goofs!!!

I am definately in the Taper madness mode. DH sent me off yesterday because I was making everyone crazy. Last night I dreamed that I was doing the Goofy Challenge only it was hiking thru mountains and everyone else had super organized backpacks ful of stuff and all I had was my clear plastic gear bag. YIKES!

Goals for 2009:

Finish the Goofy Challenge
Get healthy
Country Music Half Marathon
Chicago Marathon
Enjoy the holidays next year without having to do monster miles the whole time.

Thanks for keeping us together Lisa!

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year! party:

Looks like there will be a few of us at the Country Music Marathon weekend! :cool1:

My goals for 2009:

Get in better shape with the help of a trainer
Eat better!

My race goals are the following (in no particular order):

Little Rock Half
Country Music Half
Seattle Rock N Roll Half
Hotter 'N Hell 100K (Bike)

Considering:
Race for the Taste
Chicago Rock N Roll Half
Nike Women's Half (will probably do if chosen)
Soaring Wings Half (Conway, AR)

Will definitely sign up for:
GOOFY 2010 :scared:

After this year, I'll definitely slow down with the foot races. I'll do a few a year and will try to incorporate some triathalon sprints and duathalons. It's funny, just three years ago, the thought of me doing any of these events never crossed my mind. It's mind boggling to me to think I can do these type of things and live to tell about them. :laughing: Reading about all of your successes and training have really made an impression on me and those are the types of things that keep me going. :goodvibes

May each of you have a happy new year filled with lots of fitness success and good health!

Just wanted to add...just back from a 2 mile walk and even though the temp guage says 62, the humidity is really high, the air is very thick and the sun is still really HOT beating down. Start drinking water now if you are coming for the weekend. Trust me...you are going to need it!

I'm in...I need you guys...

I'll get back to you on my goals!

Wow, Suzanne! I was hoping it would be a little cooler. Oh, that Florida humidity. Yikes!

Hey Everybody! I would love to stick with the Goofs...it is great to have a group to talk with on here!

This week has been crazy for me, as I am gearing up for the Goofy. I was really excited until today when I started to get REALLY nervous!!! Stupid me went and played 3 hockey games this past weekend, and ran 8 miles (so much for a taper), and now my legs are a little sore today...UGH!!! I was planning on doing a short run tomorrow and wednesday, but now I don't know what to do, I may just have to rest.

Goals for 2009

Finish the Goofy!!!!
Long Branch Half Marathon
Stay in shape for my wedding in August!!!!!
NYC marathon (if I can get in!)

Right now, all I can think about is the Goofy this weekend, so I may add some other stuff to that list next week!

Can't wait to see everyone this weekend, and to those not making it down to WDW this weekend, we will miss you.

I will try to stop in again before leaving, but the next few days will be very hectic!

I'm in too. I'm looking to do my first tri this year, and would like to run a faster 5 or 10 k. Also thinking of doing a stair climb race!

Suzanne, Laurie, Cecilia, Susie
Looking forward to seeing/meeting people this weekend!

Maura

So here are my goals for this year so far:

Princess Half
Race for the Cure (actually run it)
Disneyland Half
Philly Half

Good Tuesday morning everyone! It is nice to see all your bright smiling faces back together in one forum again!! :goodvibes

I see everyone has their usual lofty goals set for 2009. Lets get there together!

Last night for me was 5 miles at a walk/run pace. I am working back in slowly plus there is ice, ice baby everywhere here. I also did some weights for a total workout time of 1:20. My eating, while not pristine, stayed within my calorie, fat, protein and carb allotments for the day. This is 2 days in a row for me and I am patting myself on the back. I may be on the road to recovery after all!!

Mike......:surfweb: popcorn::

Last XT workout for me today before the half! 20 minutes on stair climber and another 25 with weights/stretching. Just a 2-miler left for me before I leave on Thursday.

Getting antsy......

Maura

Mike......:surfweb: popcorn::

:lmao:

Nice!

I got in 35 minutes on the treadmill today, since my training partner is a sissy when it comes to cold weather.

Right knee is VERY painful now, so stretching and on the ice pack is the next scheduled stop on the IM train...

Good luck this weekend to everyone traveling (SAFE travel...keep your eyes open!) and have a wonderful disneyriffic time!

Mike

We're back? That's awesome! Thanks, Lisa! Somehow I had missed this thread yesterday (and I was definitely on the boards for part of the day instead of working :rolleyes1 ), so I have no idea how that happened! :confused3

But I'm really excited to be here nonetheless. I did 6 miles on Saturday and felt lost not having a place to post! I did 2 miles yesterday, with 2 more planned for tonight and tomorrow before I start my journey to the half. Well, the "journey" actually started in August when I signed up with TNT, but you know what I mean.

Maura, looking forward to meeting you on Friday. I can't believe it's this soon!

Short-term goals are to drink my water this week (thanks for the reminder, Suzanne) and try not to eat too much junk food.

Goals for 2009:
  • Finally start doing some sorely needed ab work (but per Runner's World, I won't start this until after the Half)
  • Disneyland Half (Hope to see you there, Megan!). Super-secret goal is to either try running the whole thing or else get my run/walk pace closer to my current run pace so I can have a more brag-worthy finish time
  • DH and I are considering another RftT or possibly ToT, but this hinges on the not-yet-released school calendar
  • Possibly start training for 2010 WDW Full Marathon. I'm 99% committed to coming back to Team in Training as a Mentor for this one. I'm assuming this weekend will either make me eager to commit that final 1% or run screaming for the hills!

-Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter