It’s a...WDWKOOK LIVE TRIP of FIRSTS! TRIP SUMMARY PAGE 17!

Following! Can't wait to see what you think of Beach Club- it's one of my favorites! Love the smell in the lobby and SAB:cloud9: We had a lake view when we stayed at BLT and I just loved watching the sun rise and the resort come to life in the morning!

Haha you got a shoelffie.

Boooooo!

I'm glad you just didn't let the bad experience go and talked to someone.
Note to self don't stay in cl at cr.

I'm not good at not saying something when something isn't right:mic:

No kidding!!!!! After reading your last post, now I'm really glad you are settled! Craziness it must have been!

Seems like it was ages ago now, yet it was just 24 hours.

Good for you for not putting up with a CL that was an unfortunate place to be. I'm glad that they made a good attempt at making it better, and hopefully it all improves from here.

I was wondering if you would instead wind up across Bay Lake at WL. WL CL in a construction zone beats the crowded yuck you experienced. On to the next...

Thanks for supporting my move.

That crossed my mind when thinking about my next step, but I knew it would be much easier to just stay here. I also assumed the manager would be more receptive to my asking to just move to an non-CL room and I still love CR, just not their CL.

Better to wait on the bus than at an airport rental car desk!!!

Thank you, now I know to give my SIL a reminder to pack her MBs in her carryons!

Your post about the Tower lounge made me want to cry, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your honesty. We are planning our first trip to WDW, and part of my planning depends on breakfasts in the CL. If I had faced what you did, I probably would have cried!
Maybe things will improve by the time we go, but I think I will adjust my plans for now.

But I am curious. Why didn't you want to go to the Atrium Club? Was it because you already tried it?

As long as you have your DME voucher, you don't need a MB and I just asked for a KTTW card when I checked it. They do everything a MB does, as long as it's linked to your MDX.

I've stayed on the 12th floor before and I wasn't thrilled with the experience. It wasn't nearly as bad as the 14th, but to avoid any disappointment, I knew I'd be happier at this point without CL here.

Late to the party but looking forward to more updates. Sorry to hear about your experience with the Tower Club. We will be in the Atrium Club for Spring Break. I sure hope they pull themselves together by then. :flower3:

Welcome to this crazy TR.

Sorry you had a less then magical Tower Club experience :(

I had just read your report then was catching up on the CL thread. There is a post there echoing your experience... Sounds like it wasn't the place to be last evening.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-and-questions.3414590/page-302#post-56412675

Thanks so much for the link, I haven't looked at any threads but this one since arriving. I had no idea there were other DISers up there. It's great knowing it wasn't just me who noticed everything seemed so off. After reading that, there's really no excuse for the GS manager to have acted so surprised about what I experienced. One call to the CL manager and he would have been well informed. Seems to be a lack of communication and caring to have subjected guests to all those non-guests and horrible food.

Glad to know you aren't a vampire, although still sneaky mysterious with that photo. :lmao:

While I've never stayed at CR, been twice at BLT next door and do enjoy the Lake View. Have a great remainder of your trip.

Love BLT and its huge one bedroom and two bathrooms, no waiting!

Wow, that CL experience sounds really bad. We were disappointed with our first club level experience but yours falls far below what we had. Good for you for speaking up and asking to change rooms. I wished we had moved to a regular room like you did. I would have been happier if I had.

You had an awesome view with the tower club room but I have to admit, that Bay Lake view would be my favorite, too. The only way I would stay at the CR would be if I could have a view like that. :)

Where was your first? CL has been really inconsistent over the years. So many variables can impact your experience and its so easy to fall below expectations, especially with such high price points at TC and RPC.

Thank you for sharing!

You're welcome:)

I am sorry about your Tower CL stay. I too am curious why you didn't take the Atrium CL? We just had a great stay there - with plenty of food offerings and very friendly and helpful CMs. I am glad that you moved - I love the Bay Lake view too.

I answered above in another post. Your experience proves how variable the CL experiences can be.

Good morning! Can't wait for a hopefully similar GW view in November. This is great timing for getting me excited for my first solo, first CR stay. Can't wait to follow along.

For a Bay Lake View in the GW, make sure you book a GV and request to face Bay Lake and you'll probably want the 3rd floor.

Glad you arrived safely! :)

Looking forward to hearing about the AllEars meet and greet :wizard:.

I'm sorry about your experience in TC. Glad you spoke up and that they were able to move you to a room/location you love ;).

What a beautiful view to wake up to :cloud9:.

I'm really enjoying your TR! Thanks for taking us along and for taking the time to post all of your great pics :goodvibes.

I'm glad you're enjoying it and it's has always been my favorite WDW room view.

Stinks you had to deal with that but I completely understand you wanting out so fast as that's how we felt last year after our experience at the Poly CL - couldn't leave fast enough! So glad the new room is working out better- love, love the lake view!

It's so disappointing at first, but always worth cutting your loses. We've actually done this a couple of times before, and once from Poly, too (non-CL), and we were so happy to have made the change sooner so we could enjoy the rest of our stay.

I'm so sorry your first room situation didn't work out. That's a total bummer! I'd be very disappointed also. But glad you were able to be moved into something better for you. I may be in the minority but I really like the flat bottom sinks in the bathroom.

Hope you've gotten the " not so magical" bits out of the way and that the rest of your trip is fantastic.

Today was great and yesterday after I got into a non-CL room was also great. But, I really dislike that those sinks don't drain and I have to wipe the toothpaste out of there!

I think the non CL room looks much nicer and greeting Mr. Sunshine over Bay Lake brings a peacefulness to your day! :flower1:

Speaking of Mr. Sunshine, I saw Randy today. *So this doesn't seem too OT, Randy was the terrific CL manager at WL for 4 years.

Following along! Thanks for doing a live trip report.

Glad they moved you.

Welcome and you're welcome! I'm glad I got moved so quickly. I think the total process was maybe 30 mins. I was in a hurry!

You're checking into RPC the same day I check into VGF. If I see your shoes, I'll try to remember to at least give a cheerful wave. Loving the TR.

I'll be walking past VGF each morning to the gym, but in different shoes. Hey, are those your shoes in your avatar? I hope you have a great vacation!

Following! Can't wait to see what you think of Beach Club- it's one of my favorites! Love the smell in the lobby and SAB:cloud9: We had a lake view when we stayed at BLT and I just loved watching the sun rise and the resort come to life in the morning!

I have no idea how I'll feel about staying there as I've only been in the lobby and stayed at YC. The BC report will start Thursday and I'll be paying close attention to the smell when I walk in.

I think I'm going to have Bell Services deliver my bags and then walk over to MK and take the YC/BC bus. They'll have no clue I'm checking in :tiptoe:

Following...so interesting. I've been contemplating a solo trip...Who knows?

Why not?! My first full day here has been great!

I'll be walking past VGF each morning to the gym, but in different shoes. Hey, are those your shoes in your avatar? I hope you have a great vacation!

Not my shoes. It's in support of Foster Children's Rights Coalition (they helped collect over 17,000 pairs of shoes - one for every child in Arizona's foster care system - thus the shoes.) I somehow only own sandals right now.

Not my shoes. It's in support of Foster Children's Rights Coalition (they helped collect over 17,000 pairs of shoes - one for every child in Arizona's foster care system - thus the shoes.) I somehow only own sandals right now.

I shall be on the lookout then for a woman who only wears sandals.

Today's random observations:

The Tower Club level is all enclosed so you don't get to see this when you open your door:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

~I had envisioned my first off-season trip being so peaceful and uncrowded, today wasn't that day. Got to MK about an hour after it opened, and it was overflowing on Main Street and at the entrance. Once past, it thinned out and walk-ons weren't an issue. I alternated between a FP and a walk-on, so no wait for anything, just like I like it.

image.jpeg

~In about 2.5 hours I rode JC, then AMCR "right across the street." Then onto FP2 at HM:

image.jpeg

Followed by MP. It was noon and time for a bite to eat at CHH. I had the salmon, couscous and broccoli at my family's favorite table upstairs.

image.jpeg

~After lunch was FP3 with Ariel followed by the PeopleMover:

image.jpeg

And, finally, a train trip around the world. I did make a quick stop for my first treat. This was white chocolate covered marshmallows - it was delicious and festive:

image.jpeg

~after a brief respite back at CR, I had a hankering for my favorite Japanese restaurant, Tokyo Dining and I knew I could get more FPs. I tried while still on the last FP ride, but it wouldn't let me. But later, it allowed me to make 3 more at once. I grabbed a Soarin' FP, but the others weren't necessary since they were walk-ons, SE and LwtL.

The new Soarin' was great and I love that puddy, err, Patrick, is still the host:

image.jpeg

Dinner at TD was tasty, as always. I love the seaweed salad and Chirashi, a bowl of sashimi over rice. The eel is so good! I "paired" it with a Kirin draft.

image.jpeg

I'm scheduled for DAK tomorrow, but I can change my mind if I want!

Thanks for the TR. Getting me fired up for our CR stay starting Friday. I guess you'll be gone by then!

Looks like a pretty nice day. :hug:

It was especially great since there was no rain at all and I could just walk right over to my first park. And, I left my room at 4:30 for Epcot, and boarded SE at 5:00. These are great stats for an impatient gal.

image.jpeg

Thanks for the TR. Getting me fired up for our CR stay starting Friday. I guess you'll be gone by then!

You're welcome. Your trip is soon - again! I'll be at BC Friday, RPC Sunday.

They had one caffeine-free diet coke when I checked in around 2:00, which I took. Later, there were none and it had been replaced with more orange soda.

image.jpeg

This was turned off for evening service:
image.jpeg

"Fresh beverage garnish!" They were lemons and limes...
image.jpeg

I left Tower Club around 8:30 and hadn't had turn-down, but these were in the room upon arrival:
image.jpeg

The CL welcome letter is now generic and not addressed to the guest.
image.jpeg

Heading to the gym and DAK soon. Another rain-free day is predicted, but may be the last for a long time.

ETA: Just checked the forecast and now tomorrow might be rain-free, too and one other day. This is such a treat what with all the rain they've had here before I arrived.

Where was your first? CL has been really inconsistent over the years. So many variables can impact your experience and its so easy to fall below expectations, especially with such high price points at TC and RPC.
Our first and last CL was at the WL. We had checked in just a few days after they closed the Old Faithful Club and moved the lounge to the temporary location in the hallway. It was a huge disappointment because I had heard so many good things about their club level but most of the things that I was looking forward to were not there during our stay. We decided to never stay at club level again. It isn't worth it to us.

The Tower Club level is all enclosed so you don't get to see this when you open your door:
Did you hear any noise from the monorail? It seems like it might be a noisy place.

It was noon and time for a bite to eat at CHH. I had the salmon, couscous and broccoli at my family's favorite table upstairs.
I like their salmon but they really need to serve rice instead of couscous. ::yes::

Tower Club lounge during snack service. It was too crowded to get evening photos.
I don't know how many rooms this lounge would serve, but it seems small to me. The view is nice, though. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it and it's has always been my favorite WDW room view.

I'm definitely enjoying it, thanks for taking us along! And that is an amazing view :cloud9:.

It was especially great since there was no rain at all and I could just walk right over to my first park. And, I left my room at 4:30 for Epcot, and boarded SE at 5:00. These are great stats for an impatient gal.

View attachment 192927

That's one of the best benefits of staying at the CR ::yes::.

I'll be at BC Friday, RPC Sunday.

I can't wait to see what you think of RPC :flower3:.

Heading to the gym and DAK soon. Another rain-free day is predicted, but may be the last for a long time.

ETA: Just checked the forecast and now tomorrow might be rain-free, too and one other day. This is such a treat what with all the rain they've had here before I arrived.

Have a great time at AK. Hope the rain holds out for another couple of days :).

I don't know how many rooms this lounge would serve, but it seems small to me. The view is nice, though. :)

I also think the lounge looks small and I agree that the view is very nice ;).

Might be able to add another first to the list...it might be the first time anyone has wanted to so quickly leave the Tower Club!

Room was clean and lovely, as is the view and balcony. However, the lounge isn't so lovely. Here are my honest observations:

~Lack of rooms doesn't mean lack of people. I thought the lounge would be peaceful and empty. But, the suites must be mighty large because they were all full and teeming with people. At one point maybe 25 got off the elevator, walked past the lounge, and past my room to a suite.

~My only request was to not have a connecting door, so I had two! I could hear everything and I knew that it would only get worse as the evening went on.

~There are only 4 tables and a couple of easy chairs and love seats in the lounge. Large groups were in there with their feet up on the cocktail table like they were at home. Half the seats are a long sofa or bench and when you sit in them, you sink, so I sat in a chair facing a wall. None of this made me look forward to breakfast.

~Nothing at all was labeled nor was their electronic menu pad working. I asked about this and was told that they didn't serve what was on the menu so they didn't turn it on. When I mentioned that other CLs label the food, the CM said she didn't know that and she learned something new.

~There were only 3 hot items, and two were inedible and one I passed on. The potstickers were all stuck together. The mac & cheese was a gloopy mound of gelatinous goo. I hadn't had dinner so I thought I'd treat myself to some, but a treat, it wasn't. The bowl slid around the hot pad as I tried to scoop it out and then, most of it stuck to the spoon. I tried one bite and it was cold and shouldn't have been served at all. The CM asked me how I liked everything and I told her honestly about the mac. and then I noticed the uneaten bowl sitting on the table next to me. She said she'd tell someone. Okeydokey.

~I took some cheese which was tasty, but also mysterious and unlabeled. As I plated a piece, a guy in his 20s(?) proceeded to pick up cheese with his fingers. That was pretty much it for me.

Wasn't feeling it at all for Tower Club and it fell well below my expectations so I went downstairs and spoke with a manager who first offered Atrium Club, which I declined, and then a one bedroom suite in the Garden Wing. He even offered it at the rate what I paid for TC. I also declined his kind CL offers and asked for my favorite tried and true, non-CL room in the Tower facing Bay Lake. He was even able to get me far from CM and no connecting door! I'm so happy to have moved.

I'll post room photos tomorrow. Must.Get.Sleep.
Have to say that for someone that loves Atrium Club and has Tower on her bucket list I am so sad for you.

Have to say though it is the luck of the draw. Some trips I can imagine people don't use the lounge and stay in their suites and you would have the lounge to yourself.

Also on food. I find poly and cr to be OK not great. I go there for the easy breakfast and wine upon request.

Mostly those 2 have great views. I am in the "love the castle/train/7SL view" and don't notice the parking lot.

Glad you moved so you will enjoy the rest of your trip!

Going to try to read up some more/been busy getting both kids to college!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter